Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Internal University Parking

Bike
    '08 DR650

Internal University Parking

Im splitting the other thread into 2, this one will relate to internal parking, the other to the symonds st / buslane plan

Details of our current UoA Internal Parking arrangements can be found on this post: Click Me.

For info on AUT parking Click here

Bike
    2010 Yamaha R1

Along with the above possible problems - today a security guard gave everybike parked under the quad a 'ticket' for parking on the footpath saying that number plate has been recorded and that a tow truck may be called......

There goes another 30-50 parks......

Bike
    MC19
    Quote Originally Posted by Filterer View Post
    Along with the above possible problems - today a security guard gave everybike parked under the quad a 'ticket' for parking on the footpath saying that number plate has been recorded and that a tow truck may be called......

There goes another 30-50 parks......
    Plus they have now stuck Auckland Towing signs up all along the back of the gym and over by the caged in vans. I really doubt they will be towing any bikes tho.

Bike
    2010 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by HungusMaximist View Post

You mean by the lockers?
    Well beside the lockers yes, but bikes extend down into the staff car park near the cages (actual cages, not cars) where the vans park near the science building.

Not sure if they also ticketed the bikes that park further across in the bay that the compsci rooms lead to, the one that exits onto the road up to Symonds st.

Not sure if this is related to the removing of parks on symonds st, or if its just unisafe being cocks. Having said that, parking under their was starting to get a little excessive

Bike
    bucket of rusty old Italian bolts
    Quote Originally Posted by Filterer View Post
    Not sure if this is related to the removing of parks on symonds st, or if its just UNSAFE being cocks.
    Corrected your spelling for you.

Bike
    '08 DR650

I've split the other thread into 2, this one will relate to internal parking, the other to the symonds st / buslane plan

Bike
    -
    They didn't seem to give any more of those internal tickets out today. What I can't work out is why the `tickets' proclaimed we were parking on the footpath. That particular diagonal parking space under Science has lines painted there ffs. Maybe they're meant for pushbikes? But there's no rack or anything.

Bike
    '08 DR650
    I met with David this morning, discussed our problems both internal and external

He is going to setup a meeting with the man incharge of unisafe and parking, so we can bring our concerns to the table.

For now i'd like to request that people take pictures of good spots for bikes to park inside the uni. Out of the way areas that can fit a few bikes and have easy access that doesnt interfere with foot traffic (Like just off grafton road if you go up the service entrance to under engineering, theres a spot where a few bikes park) Theres plenty of these, with pictures/descriptions of the spot (so i can find it) i can put these to the man incharge.

And yes, this request will go out in the email i send tonight

Bike
    1987 VFR400 NC24
    Has anyone seen that there is also people parking there by the architiure if you go towards where the ALR.. I wonder if they are getting complained at
    Theres a hole in the sky, through which things can fly

Bike
    '08 DR650
    I have a meeting / walkaround with the man tomorrow at 11, hopefully we can resolve this with a beneficial outcome

I know of a few other spots, but if you guys have any, you have until then to tell me about them!

Bike
    2010 Yamaha R1
    Nice work squiggles

Bike
    '08 DR650
    Its only good work if we propose some alternatives, we stand to loose a piece of the area we park in, so need to come up with alternatives. Having investigated the buisness school today, there is indeed an unmarked area, just after you enter, but to get to it you have to ride over the curb or bypass the barrier and drive round to it. Its a good spot though, perfect for some of the buisness / arts /music students

The only area we're parking in (in science) that we will probably be able to retain is the white lined piece infront of the cars, none of the areas along the walls etc.

Bike
    01' NZ Postie CT110
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiggles View Post
    Its only good work if we propose some alternatives, we stand to loose a piece of the area we park in, so need to come up with alternatives. Having investigated the buisness school today, there is indeed an unmarked area, just after you enter, but to get to it you have to ride over the curb or bypass the barrier and drive round to it. Its a good spot though, perfect for some of the buisness / arts /music students

The only area we're parking in (in science) that we will probably be able to retain is the white lined piece infront of the cars, none of the areas along the walls etc.
    Good job so far Squiggles and good on yah for taking this on for the rest of us.

Somebody gotta go around and do the digging, and I can't think of a better person!

Bike
    '08 DR650
    I've attached a map for people to doodle on, im sure theres a spot someone around where the question mark is, but the lined/circled areas are where im looking at the moment. They dont give much spread, but i dont usually leave the science areas
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Parking Map.JPG 
Views:	96 
Size:	493.4 KB 
ID:	89111  

Bike
    1987 VFR400 NC24
    That place I was talking about is by building 409 and 423, they park against that building. I have seen some spots by the bio / thomas building but its like maybe 3 or 4 spaces at most
    Theres a hole in the sky, through which things can fly

Thread Information