Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Motorcyclist dead in Eskdale Rd Glenfield (21 March)

Bike
    2001 Bandit 1200S, 1996 Triumph T/Bird
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnyrob View Post
    Has INNO (the guy who had his bike stolen) been given any info on who nicked his bike? That would kill rumour control in it's tracks.

On the "Bike stolen from Herne Bay" thread, posted by FORREST:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rose
    ROSE: the guy who u stole your bike who u think is such a useless idiot happens to be my good mate, well he was. i know for a fact he didn't steal the bike himself, sure he knew it was stolen but one silly mistake took him away from his beautiful baby girl and his many friends.

FORREST: So he knew it was stolen? Must have been a really top bloke.

Quote:
    ROSE: i know u guys are gutted about your bike. but a bike is a bike and is replaceable. a person's life can never come back. maybe if the bike was looked after properly and locked up u would still have your bike and we would stil have our mate. diss him all u like but be careful what u say because there are so many heart broken people at the moment.

FORREST: Are you serious? You blame the bike's owner for the death of your friend?

The bike was parked off the street and under a bike cover.
    This is getting interesting again.

Always someone elses fault with this generation....

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    Rose - I and many on this board are very sorry for your loss. Some of the comments on this thread have been obscenely lacking in compassion and any degree of humanity.

However please do also understand why tempers have been running so high. To many on KB their bike is more than a vehicle. It is a very close personal possession and an extension of their own personalities and lives. I have known bikers who would be less emotional if their wife or girlfriend had been taken from them by another.

My opinion and experience is that someone who does bad things and mixes with bad company will be negatively affected and influenced. Your reference for Grim is a good one and I would like to think that with his new family and focus, his perspective on such behaviour would improve and he may have eventually grown out of such associations.

Like you quite rightly say, "no one will ever know", especially his loved ones, as he never had the chance to use his new perspective on life to see if it would make him respond positively to the challenge.

Take it easy Rose. I can only offer you my sincerest condolences.

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    This is getting interesting again.

Always someone elses fault with this generation....
    True.

Generation 'F' it should be: Faultless.

Yeah right.
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    True.

Generation 'F' it should be: Faultless.

Yeah right.
    And the other problem with the current climate is that it always has to be somebody's fault. The shit happens, get on with life concept seems to be poorly understood.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Huh.
    So this thread is still going.
    Is Mr Grim still dead?
    Should I say summat sensible (for a change)?
    Hokay.
    Here's what I think.
    There's a lot of ego-tripping, self-righteousness and all that going on.
    The bottom line is that Mr Grim is responsible for his own fate: whether the cops were pursuing him or not, he was riding like a cock, messed up, and suffered the consequences.
    However, unless he was a really nasty piece of work who deserved some violent retribution, his life was worth far more than a piece of machinery, whether or not he was a knowing party to its theft. He was someone's son, friend, father, etc etc, and he will be missed. Personally, I find these shrine things that people like to erect at the site of someone's demise somewhat pathetic and illogical , but if it gives the mourners some solace and comfort, well, good luck to them. That probably once again outweighs damage to property etc. People are more important than things.

Thus speaketh the Vifferman.

You can all go back to your normal lives now.

THE END
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    '03 FXD
    I think the vifferman covers it all.Please let this thread die now as it doesn't show bikers or KB in a good light at all.
    Never too old to Rock n Roll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I've got miserly tourettes and I don't give a fuck.

Bike
    Shanksters Pony
    Quote Originally Posted by MIXONE View Post
    Please let this thread die now .........
    It can't until its stolen a bike or received a hot bike and crashed it at high speed into a brick wall in a paranoid state of delirium brought on by the close proximity of flashing disco lights that weren't intended for it in the first place.

Thread Information