Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorcyclist dead in Eskdale Rd Glenfield (21 March)

Bike
    1996 ZX7R
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco Dan View Post
    Good - that there is one less bike thief, although sadly he was probably replaced by two more even better ones... what with increasing population and all that jazz.

Just a shame it was death that finally stopped him from stealing any more bikes - so many other options.

I can sit here and say - who are we to be judge and jury and make comment on this man? ...but I also sit here thinking that if caught someone halfway through stealing my bike, I dread to think of the outcome. All jokes aside regarding ways of retaliation, what would you actually do in that situation? I can see myself getting into a punch up or surprising the poor person with a heavy blunt object before ringing for the police. On the other hand, if alcohol was involved I can see things getting very nasty... with visions of medieval 'removal of hand' techniques being at the forefront.
    +1 Very balanced reply, I guess the bike comes second only to the family
    Caution is not a substitute for skill :no

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom View Post
    According to yesterday's Dom Post, he had kids.

I'm sure that, in time, they'll agree with you that the fact that their dad once nicked a motorcycle means that they're much better off without him.
    Maybe without him they won't grow up to be thieving shitheads like he was,
    I might have sympathy for the kids but I don't have any for him
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by SixPackBack View Post
    Got what he deserved?...are we sure about that?....stealing a bike is worth the death penalty-I think not!
    If someone steals my bike and proceeds to throw it down the road, the fucker better hope that they die in the accident.

Bike
    CB1300 black and naked mmmmmmmmmm
    200 kmh into a brickwall ....pure darwin
    Hey It's Mr Nice Guy

Bike
    Suzuki Smash 2016. (Yes, really!)
    with visions of medieval 'removal of hand' techniques being at the forefront.

Still being practised in Muslim countries. I have seen a video of a 7y/o boy being held down and his arm run over by a HiLux for stealing a piece of bread because he hadn't eaten for days.
    "Statistics are used as a drunk uses lampposts - for support, not illumination."

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    Good - that there is one less bike thief, although sadly he was probably replaced by two more even better ones... what with increasing population and all that jazz.

Just a shame it was death that finally stopped him from stealing any more bikes - so many other options.

I can sit here and say - who are we to be judge and jury and make comment on this man? ...but I also sit here thinking that if caught someone halfway through stealing my bike, I dread to think of the outcome. All jokes aside regarding ways of retaliation, what would you actually do in that situation? I can see myself getting into a punch up or surprising the poor person with a heavy blunt object before ringing for the police. On the other hand, if alcohol was involved I can see things getting very nasty... with visions of medieval 'removal of hand' techniques being at the forefront.
    Yes, if you caught someone stealing your pride and joy (and love of your life). Knee jerk emotion would overtake rhyme or reason.

One point to make about young men stealing bikes is that, unlike alcohol abuse, most do eventually grow out of it with age and facing the consequenses of their actions.

A better result would have been this guy getting caught and punnished. Maybe there would be a chance of his kids not becoming thiefs also.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by dipshit View Post

Like I could give a fuck?
    Jrandom is right, you really are a vile man.

Bike
    2005 triumph speed 4
    Thing to remember is that when someone decides to steal your motorcycle, they aren't just nicking some replaceable object, that bike is more often than not purchased after many hours, or even years of personal sacrifice. We aren't all born with a gob full of silver spoons and no bike thief is qualified to decide wether he deserves to tax the sweat off your brow because he lacks the personal fortitude. Even if the bike owner was drowning in money, noone should be thieving his gear.

Bike
    None
    I knew Grim and he had only had the bike for two days and someone was talking about what he paid for it so he did not steal it, he left behind a partner, a one year old child and a lot of very sad friends.

Bike
    GN250!!!!

Thief

I hate people who steal more than so many other criminals but I do not think he deserved to die. It is the people he left behind that will be suffering, not him. He deserved to be punished properly.

Just glad that it wasn't a KBer.
    We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,
    Running over the same old ground.
    What have you found? The same old fears.
    Wish you were here. QWQ

Bike
    '18 DRZ400SM
    Quote Originally Posted by dmw View Post
    I knew Grim and he had only had the bike for two days and someone was talking about what he paid for it so he did not steal it, he left behind a partner, a one year old child and a lot of very sad friends.
    The Police, the Media, and the Evidence seem to think otherwise.
    "It would be spiteful, to put jellyfish in a trifle."
    \m/ o.o \m/

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by dmw View Post
    The bike in question was stolen on 4 March.

I guess it's entirely possible that the dead guy bought it in good faith, in which case quite a few folk on this thread will need to eat their words.
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubba Gubba View Post
    The Police, the Media, and the Evidence seem to think otherwise.
    Absolute rubbish. The bike was stolen, he was riding it. That does not mean that he stole it himself. He may have done, but then again, he may have just been a dumbarse and bought a bike off someone without checking its rego.

The Police have simply said that they're investigating to see whether there's any link between the rider and the theft.
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    2001 DUCATI 900SS
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom View Post
    The bike in question was stolen on 4 March.

I guess it's entirely possible that the dead guy bought it in good faith, in which case quite a few folk on this thread will need to eat their words.
    I guess it is a natural assumption that as the bike was stolen quite recently that the rider was the thief so if they are wrong then it was an easy mistake to make.

However, regardless, someone is dead which is the key thing...we don't know him, we do know his circirmstances...

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    Police the media and the evidence are not always right however more likely, in an attept to appear respectable friends would have been lead to believe that the bike was legit.

Like I have already said, such offenders can often grow out of such behaviour. Particularly if he has a young family. A better result than this waste of life would have been to get caught and face a punishment.

Thread Information