Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kawasaki ZX7RR ride impression

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries

Kawasaki ZX7RR ride impression

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSBSzCJPLfo[/YOUTUBE]
    *thank you whoever shared this. I can assure you that a ZX7RR can use its keys to best effect*

This ain't a girls bike.

This is how I remember sprotsbikes.

Close ratio box, rock hard suspension, racy but not crippling ergonomics, and in the best exhaust note ever.

Flatslide carbs that stumble and stutter, steering that needs muscle and body english to work and a fairing that leaves your arms out in the wind so there's no pressure on your wrists.

It cost Mikkel the better part of nothing.

Mikkel's not getting it back.

Sure a modern 600 is quicker, but what 600 would sidle over in a bike park, and smash the living bejesus out of the panty waisted usurper that went around the outside on a long sweeper and flicked into the next hairpin with barely a push on the inside bar, while the unshaven beer gutted headcase on the green meanie wrestled and scrapped to get every ounce of lean angle possible?

Fatso and panty waist park up for a coffee. Fatso gets on his roaring, belching, farting SUPERBIKE and rides off to shag the next female barista he encounters, while panty waist stares in dismay at the pile of rubble that was once a pristine and be-blinged example of modern industrial art. With green and purple streaks on what ever blue and white panels are still visible.

Adjustable eccentric steering head? No, just mental.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Loud and hoony
    Glad you liked it Jim!

However, I do think your family would appreciate it if you don't hold on to it for too long old man!
    Weather looks alright for tomorrow. I hope you will enjoy the ride over the Rimutakas. Just remember the restriction I imposed upon you!

Oh, and thanks for the chat and the coffee. And don't forget - I now know where you live (And I am quite envious of your extended driveway... )
    It is preferential to refrain from the utilisation of grandiose verbiage in the circumstance that your intellectualisation can be expressed using comparatively simplistic lexicological entities. (...such as the word fuck.)

Remember your humanity, and forget the rest. - Joseph Rotblat

Bike
    1989 GN250 cafe racer
    Blog Entries
    that video was FUCKING GREAT!!
    i nearly bought an RR..
    original quote from 98tls - Who gives a shite about Kw when you can all arrive in Fox at the same time sit and have a coffee and thank fuck for motorcycles..whatever the wording on the gas tank.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    I stopped short of the RR, but I did own a modded R. Never needed a steering damper and I loved provoking it into tank slappers.

Bit of a heavy bike, and you really noticed the weight going into downhill corners, but coming out of corners, you simply jumped on the gas. Great bikes, really made you learn how to ride, and the front ends were some of the best ever.

Heh, mine was recently being sold again...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Trumpton triple
    So this is the dual-purpose bike you've been saving up for?

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Nah, it's Mikkel's. I'm dropping it at Biketranz tomorrow.

Maybe.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Trumpton triple
    Yeah, I got that it was Mikkel's.

I just found it amusing that you're selling the Katana so you can start 'saving up for a dual-purpose bike', but one sniff of an unashamed 'ooligan weapon and you're waxing lyrical and getting a certain look in your eye......

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Yep, and when Suzuki had a crack at what you call a "real sports bike", the TL got poo pooed and labeled a shit handling bike.

There's no room for what you want in modern bikes according to the masses Jim, live in the now.

I'm with you, my FZR is still the most fun over the rimutaka hill I've had. And TL's are the shiz.

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Yes, Jim, you are right, a set of keys in your hand and a willingness to use them....life is good!
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    EX500s - Ruby
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
    Yes, Jim, you are right, a set of keys in your hand and a willingness to use them....life is good!
    I reckon we can convert this one, Jim.
    Must say, my gargre looked real good with three kawasakis in it....especially as one didn't even notice the gixxer and the Honda sulking in the corner!
    Diarrhoea is hereditary - it runs in your jeans

If my nose was running money, I'd blow it all on you...

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by yungatart View Post
    I reckon we can convert this one, Jim.
    Must say, my gargre looked real good with three kawasakis in it....especially as one didn't even notice the gixxer and the Honda sulking in the corner!
    Nah...can't convert somebody who is not convinced in the first place....
    call me a bike slut, I don't care what name is on the bike. If it does it for me I'll ride it!
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    Yeah Baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Yep, and when Suzuki had a crack at what you call a "real sports bike", the TL got poo pooed and labeled a shit handling bike.

There's no room for what you want in modern bikes according to the masses Jim, live in the now.

I'm with you, my FZR is still the most fun over the rimutaka hill I've had. And TL's are the shiz.
    The fact is that any bike you can ring the tits off and walk away from is the shiz.

The Shiz is relative to skill. For me it's an A100.
    Some things are worth dying for, living is one of them.

Bike
    EX500s - Ruby
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatjim View Post
    The fact is that any bike you can ring the tits off and walk away from is the shiz.

The Shiz is relative to skill. For me it's an A100.
    And MikeyG's GN 250....they are both Suzukis ..are you trying to tell us something?
    Diarrhoea is hereditary - it runs in your jeans

If my nose was running money, I'd blow it all on you...

Bike
    1999 GSXR1100W, 1975 CT90
    The ZX7 and TLR1000 are bikes I'm interesting in upgrading to. Seem like the cheapest power I can obtain, and hopefully insurance on something older won't leave my coughing up blood. Plus a bike mag that was given to me (some British one) was raving on about how bullet proof the ZX7's are.

Though I've been screwed over by old, cult status bikes before...

Yet to test ride them though, will do when I get a chance. Currently eyeing up a TRX850 at Motomart as my next test.

Bike
    Coyote...unless you strike it lucky, chances are the biggest bang for buck you will find would be an RF900 or it's older cousin the 89/90/91 GXSR1100.
    The TRX850 is an awesome bike too...under-rated when new, they are hard to find in good condition these days.

Thread Information