Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Making excuses

Bike
    GSF250
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    And on an interesting sidenote - in the last 24 hours I have received 10 greens and 1 red (but Boob's my Kiwibiker Stalker so his doesn't count ) and there's some interesting names amongst them.

I'm not living in quite the land of delusion that some of you would like to suggest.
    You might actually find that the people who want to red rep you dont because that means what you are saying is of some importance... I think you are a dick, but not going to red rep you to tell you, most will just ignore you like you deserve.

As for Seans accident, I dont think he or anyone needs to defend the fact that they cant remember. You werent there in the ICU room when we were told he might die, the reason for the accident was less important. I think anyone who has had a major accident would like to know the reason for it, but that is something they will need to work out and deal with if they cant remember, and doesnt have to be discussed by people who will not gain from knowing this. Saying that people choose to not remember an accident because it was their fault is a little narrow minded... and absolutely disrespectful.
    " It appears that the website has become alive. This happens to computers and robots sometimes. Am I scared of a stupid computer? Please. The computer should be scared of me."

Bike
    2010 CB600, 2007 ZX14
    "Rogue patch of gravel."

What, did it jump out at you?
    Wow, you really like to just disregard constructive critisism and thought in posts, and focus on the novelties. Well done, your campaign is going to go nowhere, infact I'm pretty much certain what you're doing is a joke and you know it if you aren't even willing to listen to the people who ARE bettering themselves as riders.

FYI - it was my first crash, the gravel was stretching from the ditch past the center line on a corner. I don't anticipate another bin any time soon, going by my fathers record which is 36 years without a bin, I have a solid chance ahead of me.

You are a prime specimen for not crashing though, I mean it's pretty hard to crash when you are never riding, is it?

Cock.

Bike
    Loud and hoony
    Didn't you read my post? I said Boob's doesn't count.
    That is hilarious and I would have blinged you for it. Except the green dots seems to get to your head...
    It is preferential to refrain from the utilisation of grandiose verbiage in the circumstance that your intellectualisation can be expressed using comparatively simplistic lexicological entities. (...such as the word fuck.)

Remember your humanity, and forget the rest. - Joseph Rotblat

Bike
    HONDA EXPRESS
    We, as motorcyclists,
    keen on a ride after 5pm?

www.PhotoRecall.co.nz

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin
    And on an interesting sidenote - in the last 24 hours I have received 10 greens and 1 red (but Boob's my Kiwibiker Stalker so his doesn't count ) and there's some interesting names amongst them.

I'm not living in quite the land of delusion that some of you would like to suggest.
    Make that 2 reds now.
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwifruit View Post
    keen on a ride after 5pm?
    Sorry, gotta wash my hair.

(Whoops, was that an excuse?)

Bike
    HONDA EXPRESS
    Sorry, gotta wash my hair.

(Whoops, was that an excuse?)

how bout after 6pm?

www.PhotoRecall.co.nz

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    And on an interesting sidenote - in the last 24 hours I have received 10 greens and 1 red.
    Read this well considered and well written post on safety, it got twenty green, (as against your 6 thus far) and will prob get more from people checking out the link from this post.
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...1&postcount=33

I disagree. I've always believed if you want to make a small change - make a big noise.
    Agreed, if you only want to make a small change, make a big noise. However, if you sincerely want to make a large everlasting change, a big noise and small mind approach just won't cut it.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Katman why do ya keep doing it?
    It seems to me over and over again that the message you are trying to get across is a good one. Yet again and again you seem to find a way to say it in as abrasive a way as you possibly can.
    I guess it does get attention but there are other ways of getting the message across
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    Had a 2007 Suzuki C50T Boulevard
    Well, once again, Katman has a point, but could have couched it a bit better and in a more balanced way.

It does seem that some always have an excuse as to why it's not their fault, but of course that's not always the case as others have capably pointed out.

My sum total of bike "accidents" are dropping the T500 while trying to negotiate my way up a wet clay farm driveway at about less than walking pace. Those old "pleasure-ribbed" fronts weren't really designed for those conditions, but my future wife was at the top of that driveway and I really wanted to get up there...(The DRIVEWAY, people..!)

Second was in moving off at an interesection, again in the wet as a car approached at a speed where I didn't think he was going to stop on his red light, so grabbed the front brake- I hadn't quite got my feet up on the pegs, and again the front slipped and I dropped the poor old T500 again.

Apart from those, I have been riding since I was 12 without incident. However I am VERY aware that there have been a few times I could have been killed or hurt through either my own fault or the fault of the other driver. I'm not a believer in luck, but I do feel I have been "lucky" at times if you get my point.

I do hope Skels gets to remember what happened and he can then enlighten us, but as with the SH16 incident I prefer to reserve judgement until the facts are known.
    You don't get to be an old dog without learning a few tricks.
    Shorai Powersports batteries are very trick!

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwifruit View Post

how bout after 6pm?
    Nails.

Bike
    HONDA EXPRESS
    *sniff*

fine!

www.PhotoRecall.co.nz

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    It should be obvious to all, that Katman does not ride (with anyone else), meaning he can come on here posing as an obnoxious, sanctimonious , know-it-all and never be called out over observed actions. No credibility = no respect = no message.
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    GSX-R600 k8
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
    It should be obvious to all, that Katman does not ride (with anyone else), meaning he can come on here posing as an obnoxious, sanctimonious , know-it-all and never be called out over observed actions. No credibility = no respect = no message.
    Any excuse to cop out, a?

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    yep the world is a lovely place when you use and excuse for every fuck up you do.
    i gave up on it a while ago - i think its called growing up. If a crash happens there is a high chance its partly my fault cos i didnt leave enough room for the world to fuck up around me.
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Thread Information