Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: So you want to be a computer programmer when you grow up?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Four
    Quote Originally Posted by forkoil View Post
    haha very good
    and a threesome would be
    03752177764013245165423722315?
    and foursome
    07FACD3DF?
    Hmmm greedy eh?...here is a little reference reading for ya then:

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ght=threesomes

Or:

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Time to cut out the "holier/more enlightened than thou" bullshit and the "slut" comments and let people live honestly how they like providing they're not harming themselves or others in the process.

Bike
    2014 MV Agusta Brutale 800
    Quote Originally Posted by 007XX View Post
    Hmmm greedy eh?...here is a little reference reading for ya then:
    Or:
    Hey!! The trick was in the octal and hex numbers 007XX, NOT what youre talking about??
    Get your motor runnin, head out on the Highway ....

Bike
    A naked monster - just like me.
    Quote Originally Posted by goodguy8 View Post
    i was born with laptops arnd me..im pree sure i can touch type, as for 'quik txt' i can write a full paragraph in 'quik txt' faster than someone who is writing the same paragraph in full words.. if ya kno wat i mean..
    for anyone starting out in IT - they need to know how to work with business people (unless you are a piss arse sysadmin in a internet cafe or the like).

And nobody tolerates quick txt in the real world. Even if you are right in saying you get to type faster - the upshot is that it wont matter because no decent business will promote and invest in someone who types like that. You will get thrown into the "immature, unprofessional pile" - not a place you want to be to have a good career.

Bike
    sold
    We just sacked some fool on the helpdesk for continually logging calls in txt speak

Bike
    1987 Nifty 50
    I pity the fool!

Sorry, just HAD to
    "Not one day that we are here on this earth has been promised to us, so make the most of every day as if it was your last, and every breath ,as if it were the same"

Bike
    GSF1200sk3, DR650k6
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterD View Post
    It looks like English, but why don't I understand a word of it, except that last sentence?

So here's a photo of a mighty Larch:

thats a wicked pic
    its NZs only deciduous conifer

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    good career.
    In IT.

I sense a FABULOUS Fairy Tale in the making.

Once Upon a Time, there was a CFO who thought that all IT people pissed money up the wall for no good reason, but still wanted to be able to produce Year End reports for a 45 million dollar company in a nano second, including final tax statements with all the semi-legal dodges he could think of incorporated into a software package initially developed to manage production queues.

Naturally the IT Dwarf was very unhappy at being set up to fail yet again, but instead of retaliating in a childish fashion, he hired Sandal wearing Unix Trolls to baffle the CFO with talk of various Debian builds that could be compiled to run as stripped down reverse proxy and mail servers thereby reducing his annual spend on Internet traffic.

While the Unix Trolls lured the CFO under their bridge, the IT Dwarf made friends with the fierce Red Dragon who was also the CEO of the company, and managed to finagle enough funding to replace the server and desktop infrastructure with something that wasn't powered by Pixies and Wood Nymphs from the Woolworth's catalogue of 1978. Unfortunately the IT Dwarf in his stolid directness hadn't reckoned with the Red Dragon's capacity for underhanded dirty dealings, and the IT Dwarf was outsourced and sent to work at the swirling Vortex of Suck, far out of reach of all the pretty maidens the Red Dragon used to lure lumberjacks and advertising executives into his lair, to steal their gold and bind them to him with contracts of servitude that fashioned money making partnerships that lined his cave with precious baubles and enabled him to hire the Designing Elves, from the Gothics to the Flouncing-whilst-carrying-a-portfolio-bigger-than-a-house elvish sub-tribes, with their strange religious practices involving the God of iBigMac and something called the Adobe Font Suite.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    A naked monster - just like me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim2 View Post
    In IT.

I sense a FABULOUS Fairy Tale in the making.

Once Upon a Time, there was a CFO who thought that all IT people pissed money up the wall for no good reason, but still wanted to be able to produce Year End reports for a 45 million dollar company in a nano second, including final tax statements with all the semi-legal dodges he could think of incorporated into a software package initially developed to manage production queues.

Naturally the IT Dwarf was very unhappy at being set up to fail yet again, but instead of retaliating in a childish fashion, he hired Sandal wearing Unix Trolls to baffle the CFO with talk of various Debian builds that could be compiled to run as stripped down reverse proxy and mail servers thereby reducing his annual spend on Internet traffic.

While the Unix Trolls lured the CFO under their bridge, the IT Dwarf made friends with the fierce Red Dragon who was also the CEO of the company, and managed to finagle enough funding to replace the server and desktop infrastructure with something that wasn't powered by Pixies and Wood Nymphs from the Woolworth's catalogue of 1978. Unfortunately the IT Dwarf in his stolid directness hadn't reckoned with the Red Dragon's capacity for underhanded dirty dealings, and the IT Dwarf was outsourced and sent to work at the swirling Vortex of Suck, far out of reach of all the pretty maidens the Red Dragon used to lure lumberjacks and advertising executives into his lair, to steal their gold and bind them to him with contracts of servitude that fashioned money making partnerships that lined his cave with precious baubles and enabled him to hire the Designing Elves, from the Gothics to the Flouncing-whilst-carrying-a-portfolio-bigger-than-a-house elvish sub-tribes, with their strange religious practices involving the God of iBigMac and something called the Adobe Font Suite.
    Thats why you don't become a IT Dwarf.

oh - and have you been taking drugs this evening?

ps very funny and rightfully blinged for the laugh - esp the woolworths catalogue.

Thread Information