Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Triumph cruiser nearly ready for lift-off

Bike
    GSX1400K7special edition

Price drop

Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    Back on topic. Has there been a release date set for this new "Big Thing"? I'm sure there will be those that just "must" have it because it's the new bike on the block. Would most
    probably mean older twin prices will plummet as well.
    I think September is the launch, Yes there will be a lot of interest in this cruiser. But I don't know whether or not it will be that sought after here. But having said that. Per head of population NZ is tops when it comes to Rocket sales.

So who knows. But I personally disagree with your comment re the New cruiser will push down prices on the Speedmaster and the America. As those riders are probably quite happy riding them. And have no desire to change. Nothing is being discontinued at this stage I understand.

Anyway, we shall have to wait and see won't we?

Bike
    2007 Triumph Speedmaster

Blah

Was In getting the Speedmaster legal; Damn a year gone allready allready.but sitting there was an American import a lovely green and cream Thunderbird 900 triple softtail Cruiser,Now what i have seen of the spy pics it doesnt take much imagination to see what the new model will look like.heres hoping as it would be in my garage right smart.

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwalo View Post
    Doesn't that really just go against everything Triumph stood for? The 'cruiserising' of the Bonneville was a bit of a stretch, and the big Rocket was a bit different.

I'm surprised that they want to play this sort of game. They don't have a heritage of cruisers, they're not American, and they don't have the resources of the Japanese manufacturers. There's no guarantee that the US will see the Triumph as any sort of competition for the HD, just the same as they don't see the Japanese cruisers as competition.
    I think the Yanks like the Triumph English sounding name. But as a Cruiser competitor, that space is pretty full.
    “PHEW.....JUST MADE IT............................. UP"

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    so its a big ugly twin.......whey don't they exband the rest of the series the other way. Big 500 single cafe or a smaller capacity triumph.
    If they made a 250 they could even tap a relatively untouched market.
    I mean old people go to relearn to ride on something, if it had a triumph name it would be a easy sale.
    Chucking a 60+ y/o on 800cc it not the best move after 40 years out of the saddle. My boss has just had this dilemma and is buying a GT250 Hyosung. Yet he could afford something with a much bigger price tag. But there is nothing NEW out there.
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    Vegas 8Ball 2014 Ultra

is that you keith and brian??

trogs...........triumphs and hogs
    they all good
    Anglo American Motorcycle Club

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by tri boy View Post
    History and character need to be made and earned. The new ones are up to it, the riders just have to step up to the plate.
    Posing around cafes and buying "replica clothing" doesn't cut it.
    I plan to jump 3500 feral goats, while smoking a joint on the scrambler to earn my stripes. (I've been practicing with sheep) ask Crisis Mangament.
    How irresponsible, think of the children..........

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowDog View Post
    I think the Yanks like the Triumph English sounding name. But as a Cruiser competitor, that space is pretty full.
    There's no over 1000cc paralell twin cruiser on the market at the moment so it creates its own niche.

Bike
    04 R6
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    There's no over 1000cc paralell twin cruiser on the market at the moment so it creates its own niche.
    There is, Neander 1400 turbo diesel... But its fucken expensive and they are as rare as hens teeth, so i guess you could say it creates its own niche...

Man i want a Neander... 1400cc turbo diesel! Twin cranks, two conrods per piston going to counter roatating crank shafts

Now thats just fucken metal

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by huck farley View Post
    I really think this bike will give the Harley a run for it's money in the States, at around the $7000usd mark. The yanks always get their bikes cheaper than anywhere else on the planet no matter the what make or model. .
    Hmm, will have to do some homework on this but a few years back in '01 when I was in the USA and checking out bike prices I calculated a Yank could fly to NZ, buy a Harley Superglide brand new, have 4-5 days look around and fly back for the same price the Superglide would have cost him in the US.

I asked why they didn't do just that and I was told apparnetly there was some legislation in place to stop Yanks bringing in brand new bikes in those circumstances

The dollar's gone up a bit since then so things obviously will be different now.
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by FilthyLuka View Post
    There is, Neander 1400 turbo diesel... But its fucken expensive and they are as rare as hens teeth, so i guess you could say it creates its own niche...

Man i want a Neander... 1400cc turbo diesel! Twin cranks, two conrods per piston going to counter roatating crank shafts

Now thats just fucken metal
    I stand corrected. Interesting concept alright. Are they still in production? Their site doesn't offer up much info at all.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    Hmm, will have to do some homework on this but a few years back in '01 when I was in the USA and checking out bike prices I calculated a Yank could fly to NZ, buy a Harley Superglide brand new, have 4-5 days look around and fly back for the same price the Superglide would have cost him in the US.

I asked why they didn't do just that and I was told apparnetly there was some legislation in place to stop Yanks bringing in brand new bikes in those circumstances

The dollar's gone up a bit since then so things obviously will be different now.
    Finns just bought his Night Rod Special in at about 30% less, I think it was, than you can buy them here. So the reverse may well be the case now.

Bike
    2007 Triumph Speedmaster
    Have a mate (YES) who has imported his Harley from Dubai cheaper than from anywhere,"BUT" Because its not been registered it was at first classed by customs as a theft and what papers he had were sent to interpol and it took six months to be released: by customs.not really worth the hassle. As i had a 700 Trans Alp Built by Montessa go the same way however mine was sent back to Wing in Auckland.

Bike
    GSX1400K7special edition

big twin

I think the way our dollar is if the big twin was on the market today it would retail for maybe $21K

If it's over the $20K when I am ready to buy later on in the year. I will wait for a demo bike to come up or a low milaege one owner to spring up. Because people buy new bikes straight of the showroom floor when the sumps are still dry. Only to find out a week later, that it's just not them.

Bike
    GSX1400K7special edition

the big twin

Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    In 01 our dollar slumped to the 40c mark against the USA dollar in 2001. It's now over 80c usd.

So as a result a very big difference. over 100%

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by huck farley View Post
    In 01 our dollar slumped to the 40c mark against the USA dollar in 2001. It's now over 80c usd.

So as a result a very big difference. over 100%
    Shows how cheap Harleys really were back in '01 eh!!
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Thread Information