Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Triumph cruiser nearly ready for lift-off

Bike
    GSX1400K7special edition

Big Triumph cruiser nearly ready for lift-off

Not a very good spy shot but you can see it's a really big parallel twin. The price might put me of buying a new one. But I will be keen to pounce on one maybe next year or the one after.

I really think this bike will give the Harley a run for it's money in the States, at around the $7000usd mark. The yanks always get their bikes cheaper than anywhere else on the planet no matter the what make or model.

Anyway I really think Triumph have hit the jackpot with this machine. I personally think that it will outsell most cruiser models in NZ. But that of course depends on the price.

I say good on Triumph for stepping out of the square and not copycatting another bike. (unlike the Japs) By building a brand new power plant that's so different from any other bike on the planet.

Then of course I would say that being a Triunphnut. But there's no denying the fact that it's a first.

I will be interested to see what it looks like on the showroom floor. I think it will be a totally different bike as to what we saw a few moths ago when I posted a spy shot. If you were able financially, would you buy one if the price was under the 20k mark?

MCN REVEALS TRIUMPH'S BIG TWIN
    These spy pictures reveal Triumph testing the almost-finished version of their parallel twin cruiser.

The motorcycle is believed to be between 1820 and 1920cc, which puts the motorcycle in line with other big cruisers from Harley Davidson and the Japanese manufacturers.

The twin is expected to fit between the Bonneville-based Speedmaster and the Rocket 3 in Triumph's range, with a price tag of roughly £9000.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	twinteaser[1].jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	142.7 KB 
ID:	91648  

Bike
    s83 boulevard
    There is no way that will out sell other cruiser models,not with the way the jap cruisers are priced.

Bike
    Tbird
    i was hoping it would be more of a beefed up speedmaster 1200 to 1400 cc the weight will be a bigger bike is a problem for me.

Bike
    Daytona 675
    So Triumph aren't going to make sports bike anymore then?

Bike
    2007 Triumph Speedmaster
    henry didnt ya know that Triumph have there new race bike ready for this season

Bike
    91 R80GS
    how the hell do you get a spy photo out of that? It's just a photo of a gn250 been photoshopped to look wider

Bike
    Triumph Tiger 800
    Smart move on Triumphs behalf. The cruiser market is expanding rapidly as the "Baby Boomer" demograph hits middle age and has $ to burn. Harley has "Hog"ed this market for a long time. Even with the Jap impersonations being more reliable and often better performed, they cant offer the heritage that brands like HD and Triumph can. The Bonneville based cruisers, while great fun to ride (IMHO) are a bit light in the horsepower dept. A big twin of the size suggested above would certainly give Triumph a great product to compete in this market.
    Experience......something you get just after you needed it

Bike
    2 wheels & sounds like thunder
    Whoopdee frickendoo
    There's Harley Owners
    & there's Harley Riders...
    If I have to explain you wouldn't understand...

Bike
    Assorted British
    Will wait to see it in the flesh but will probably trade the old Speedy in for one if it handles as good as. The extra HP will be a bonus.

Bike
    GSX1400K7special edition

Sports bike

Quote Originally Posted by henry View Post
    So Triumph aren't going to make sports bike anymore then?
    I think that Triumph have the sports bike covered ok and don't have to introduce any more sports bikes for a good while yet. What with the Daytona picking up the award last year. The Sprint well who would want to mess with it. Because it's a winner, and the Tiger picking up an award last year as well.

Triumph are after a bit of the American sales market, me thinks, and they must have done there homework. This new med size cruiser is I guess is what Triumph thinks will meet the requirements in the good ole U S of A. Time will tell aye?

Bike
    GSX1400K7special edition

Pearl Harbour

Quote Originally Posted by s8306 View Post
    There is no way that will out sell other cruiser models,not with the way the jap cruisers are priced.
    I disagree, The Yanks have never forgiven the Japs (and never will) For the events that took place in Pearl Harbour all those years ago.

Also the Jap cruisers have no soul or Character. Unlike Triumph and Harley Davidson. With well over a 100 years of tradition behind both companies.

But don't get me wrong the Japs make good cruisers. But it's a shame that after only a few years, the aluminium on them pack up. Especially around the hand controls and the master cylinders. Also the chrome starts peeling of. And there's no denying that. So the Japs still have a lot to learn me thinks.

I have a couple of mates that ride Vulcan and Drifter (Kwaka) The only reason they have them. Is because that's all they could afford. But they both would be sooner riding a Harley Davidson. There must be a lot of Jap cruiser riders in the same boat me thinks.

Bike
    Triumph Tiger 800
    Quote Originally Posted by grogan View Post
    Whoopdee frickendoo
    Haha ...spot the Harley supporter !
    Experience......something you get just after you needed it

Bike
    ZXR750
    60% of the time, it works everytime

Bike
    2016 GSXS 1000F
    Blog Entries
    Harley Davidson are the masters of motorcycle brand marketing and Triumph are weak triers. Why are so many HDs sold for such a premium in price? It is not on quality alone although quality of finish (including base and depth of chrome) is important to the HD buying demographic. They are selling an experience, image, supported community, hobby to spend money on.

Jap cruisers just don't command the street cred.
    Here for the ride.

Bike
    2013 EX300SE
    Doesn't that really just go against everything Triumph stood for? The 'cruiserising' of the Bonneville was a bit of a stretch, and the big Rocket was a bit different.

I'm surprised that they want to play this sort of game. They don't have a heritage of cruisers, they're not American, and they don't have the resources of the Japanese manufacturers. There's no guarantee that the US will see the Triumph as any sort of competition for the HD, just the same as they don't see the Japanese cruisers as competition.

Thread Information