Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Speeding, ouch..................

Bike
    '98 Kawasaki ZRX1100

Angry Speeding, ouch..................

Well I went out for an early morning hoon today and paid the price big-time.
    I got pulled by the cops after being clocked at 163kph, whilst overtaking a truck, on the wrong side of the no passing lines.....result, instant 28 day license suspension, $150 fine for the overtake plus whatever kind of fine I get from the court for the speeding, local knowledge says I can expect over $1000!!!

So the moral of this story is........lets all go buy top of the range radar detectors...sigh

What really upset me is the fact that the suspension was on the spot, I couldn't even ride home, and I was in the arse end of no-where, I can live with getting punished for speeding but this seems bloody draconian by UK standards(thre fact that I didn't get the chance to even try to talk my way out of it didn't help either!)
    Life is not a dress rehearsal!

Bike
    08 RMZ 450
    bummer mate.

its all clive woodwards fault .

Bike
    ZR750 Kawasaki
    Welcome to NZ,I'm sure you were warned (sorry)
    So how did ya' get ya' bike home?

Bike
    1999 GSXR1100W, 1975 CT90
    The police is just another buisness out there to make money. It's not about making the roads safer. No warnings, just fines. Don't stop people tail-gating, just stop people speeding and take their money.

Next time I'm out riding, I'll follow a police car, prompt him to go to the side of the road, then say to him 'caught you doing 120 back there' and give him a ticket

Bike
    SUZUKI TR50 STREET MAGIC
    YOU SHOULD HAVE JUST DONE A RUNNER

Bike
    Shanksters Pony
    Quote Originally Posted by alarumba
    The police is just another buisness out there to make money. It's not about making the roads safer. No warnings, just fines. Don't stop people tail-gating, just stop people speeding and take their money.

Next time I'm out riding, I'll follow a police car, prompt him to go to the side of the road, then say to him 'caught you doing 120 back there' and give him a ticket
    And you'll probably find yourself locked up for obstruction, or stupidity, which ever way you want to look at it.

Bike
    08 RMZ 450
    the moral here is you need to be an asian and kill someone and then you'll just get a slap on the wrist and a bit of pd.

Bike
    Shanksters Pony
    Quote Originally Posted by soundbeltfarm
    the moral here is you need to be an asian and kill someone and then you'll just get a slap on the wrist and a bit of pd.
    And then be allowed to go back to where-ever without actually completing your sentence or paying a cent to your victims family.

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    Quote Originally Posted by WINJA
    YOU SHOULD HAVE JUST DONE A RUNNER
    Yep,this is the only way 'round it,though it seems F****n stupid to have to go through that shit just cause you wanted to pass a truck quickly and safely(well....sorta....).What's the story behind the yellow lines bit?
    Drew for Prime Minister!

www.oldskoolperformance.com

www.prospeedmc.com for parts ex U.S.A ( He's a Kiwi! )

Bike
    07 R1
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteThePom
    Well I went out for an early morning hoon today and paid the price big-time.
    I got pulled by the cops after being clocked at 163kph, whilst overtaking a truck, on the wrong side of the no passing lines.....result, instant 28 day license suspension, $150 fine for the overtake plus whatever kind of fine I get from the court for the speeding, local knowledge says I can expect over $1000!!!
    Oooohh, shit me Pom, you cracked a biggie. :confused2 My "sorry vibes" go out to you.

Coincidentally I copped a speedie this morning about 9:30am for going 99kmh in a 80kmh zone just over the bridge of the local Tongariro River on my way to the races in Taupo. Braked as early as I could but he u-eed, I said shit, so decided to cruise till he got right up my arse then casually pulled over. I was pissed off, but at myself. No excuses, I told him it was my fuckup and no attitude or stalling, I'll just take the hit. He seemed pretty decent considering when he got out of his car he had "attitude" written all over his face... and I know attitude when I see it. But I guess stopping quite a few drivers all day and getting shit all the time you can't help but???? Anyway, 20 strikes and $120- to the government. I didn't know your demerits last for 2 years from time of infringement either. Last ticket I got was when I was 21... umm that was ages ago.
    Didn't in any way dampen my day though. Race day was awesome!!

ching ching

Bike
    07 R1
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATH_INC.
    Yep,this is the only way 'round it,though it seems F****n stupid to have to go through that shit just cause you wanted to pass a truck quickly and safely(well....sorta....).What's the story behind the yellow lines bit?
    At the races today was talking to a guy and during the course of the conversation he said that he'd just had his Buell impounded, being slapped with a hefty fine, loss of licence, blah, blah, blah basically everything you could get short of going to jail. He said it took 9 cops to catch up to him. Not too sure if it was a story from RingWonder the StoryTeller or not. Doing a "runner"????? If the rumours are true, didn't work out for this guy.

ching

Bike
    K6 1000
    Quote Originally Posted by ching_ching
    At the races today was talking to a guy and during the course of the conversation he said that he'd just had his Buell impounded, being slapped with a hefty fine, loss of licence, blah, blah, blah basically everything you could get short of going to jail. He said it took 9 cops to catch up to him. Not too sure if it was a story from RingWonder the StoryTeller or not. Doing a "runner"????? If the rumours are true, didn't work out for this guy.

ching
    Sounds like a familiar story aye DEATH

Bike
    Blog Entries
    public pressure bought the 28 day suspension into legislation, so we've only got ourselves to blame for that one. the AA wants it reduced to 40k over.

163 on the wrong side of a no passing line and you're complaining though? come on..

and winja - when you do a runner, and paste yourself over the front of someone else, or worse, kill someone else, i hope you don't expect any sympathy from us.

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    I thought that when passing it should be done quickly so you're driving into oncoming traffic for the least amount of time........
    Drew for Prime Minister!

www.oldskoolperformance.com

www.prospeedmc.com for parts ex U.S.A ( He's a Kiwi! )

Bike
    1989 TZR 250
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATH_INC.
    I thought that when passing it should be done quickly so you're driving into oncoming traffic for the least amount of time........

I think that there are only about 3 places in NZ where you can legally overtake a vehicle that's travelling at 90-95 k's. But 160 is pushing it...

Thread Information