Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 08 zx10-r

Bike
    Best Bitza Bucket 2008 BoB
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles08 View Post
    Well firstly I will declare myself as a Kawasaki nutter; so following reading my response you can feel justified in dismissing my post as hysterical kwaka dribble BUT FFS mate have you ever ridden a ZX9R?????? They are quite possibly THE BEST ROAD GOING SPORT BIKE AVAILABLE TODAY! Yes thats right today! The ZX9R is a great tourer, a great Sunday 'lets get the fuck outa here' ride ,and a fair contender on the track for average to good riders. I realize that there are faster bikes, better handling bikes, lighter bikes, and better looking bikes BUT the ZX9R is one of the few bikes that has a foot in every camp (except the pink gay Honda camp of course) By simply dismissing this bike you have in one post declared yourself as having less grey matter than the average punter.

ok ok maybe that was a bit harsh but I can assure you the ZX9R IS STILL a fantastic road sport bike that in fact I am thinking of purchasing another one of because I miss my deceased one so much.

Rant over.

dont worry Sully60 I don't really think your a stupid fucktard.

I never berated the capabilities of the 9R mate, I agree they're an awesome machine in their own right.

My point and I'm sure any self respecting Kawaphile would agree, is that in the early 00's this was their flagship sportsbike when R1's had been out since 98 and the GSXR thou was starting to kick arse.
    Did someone fall asleep at the helm or did too many orders for big ships come through? Two years is a long time to let the competitors change the market place around them.

You nutters deserve better, and it would seem of late you're getting it.

I'd just like to see more evolutionary styling changes with bike also, maybe something that looked more like a updated and modern 9R

Bike
    2018 Suzuki GSX-R1000
    Don't worry about him Sully, he's just a nutter through and through! The ZX9R was (and is) a fabulous road bike, but the appearance of the Gixxer and R1 and their more race-inspired styling and performance put it in the shade somewhat. The ballsy performance of the 9R on-road allowed it to stay around for a few years, but it did take the big K a while to come up with the first of the 10's and while undoubtedly better as a race bike wasn't as easy to ride (comfortably) on the road as the legendary ZX9R.
    But hell, do I love my 10 or what!

http://sportbikerider.17.forumer.com
    the DEAD forum for politically incorrect Sportbike riders!

Bike
    BMW
    apparently there is a couple of zx10s around and the rest of the first build will arrive 23rd

Bike
    Blackbird with a million k's on it
    Well firstly I will declare myself as a Kawasaki nutter; so following reading my response you can feel justified in dismissing my post as hysterical kwaka dribble BUT FFS mate have you ever ridden a ZX9R?????? They are quite possibly THE BEST ROAD GOING SPORT BIKE AVAILABLE TODAY! Yes thats right today! The ZX9R is a great tourer, a great Sunday 'lets get the fuck outa here' ride ,and a fair contender on the track for average to good riders. I realize that there are faster bikes, better handling bikes, lighter bikes, and better looking bikes BUT the ZX9R is one of the few bikes that has a foot in every camp (except the pink gay Honda camp of course)
    Amen brother. I miss my 9R. I got seduced by the power of the mighty 'busa, and then I had to find out what owning an R1 was all about, but the 9R was a friggin hoot to ride hard, or slow, or 2up, or whatever. I miss having that adaptability.
    Quote Originally Posted by thealmightytaco
    It's like a bunch of guys talking calmly, sharing advice, all utopian like, and then BAM, drunken hobo slams his jug on the table and tells everyone they need to start punching each other.
    Interesting.

Bike
    81 katana 650 fighter.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *caution* View Post
    Ok so they have them on the NZ website, and slightly cheaper than what I was expecting!

http://www.kawasaki.co.nz/kawasaki_c...000E8F&do=list

Anyone know if there are any instore in auckland, would really be keen to have a squiz at one!!

I was talking to the guys at Mt eden mc's last week and they said they did not know when yet probably the end of the month as Kawasaki kept delaying and delaying for various reasons.

Bike
    2018 Suzuki GSX-R1000
    Quote Originally Posted by skidMark View Post
    I was talking to the guys at Mt eden mc's last week and they said they did not know when yet probably the end of the month as Kawasaki kept delaying and delaying for various reasons.
    I perched my toned muscular arse on a bleck one at Mt Eden M/C today (their demonstrator), first impressions are very good to say the least.

Test ride for me next week

http://sportbikerider.17.forumer.com
    the DEAD forum for politically incorrect Sportbike riders!

Bike
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R750 K6
    There is one in New Plymouth NOW. It arrived on the 8th
    Member, sem fiddy appreciation society

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I find it ironic that the incredibly rude personal comments about Les were made by someone bearing an astonishing resemblance to a Monica Lewinsky dress accessory.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    All was good until I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable after a while

Bike
    S1000RR
    So you'll have a test ride?

Btw welcome back noob lol got a license yet?

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    4 Jappas
    Sat on a green one today.

I think I prefer my 06 thanks.

For a start, the shape of the seat on the 06 suits me better. Then, the lights... I like the look of the 06-07 lights. The new bike just doesn't do anything for me. Maybe in black it won't be that bad.

As for the rest, it appears slimmer and obviously more angular. The looks, well, it's not a grab my attention, good looking bike. Maybe in black, it'll be a stunner but not too nuts about the green.

Oh yeah, once the can and number plate shovel are gone, it'll look heaps better...

I'd definately take one over a R1 or GSXR. Will reserve comments on the Blade...

Bike
    F-18,Ginny and #66
    Blog Entries
    damn, its exact dry weight as my 250 hyo - 179kg.

i'm impressed !
    Don't Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly !!!

Hey Alan, Alan, Alan....

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX6R
    And only 160sh more HP :-D

Bike
    4 Jappas
    And only 160sh more HP :-D

And probably faster in 1st than the GT can manage period...

Bike
    2007 Yamaha R6 (binned it)
    I think that with a few choice mods the '08 zx-10 will look loads better then ANY '08 CBR1000 could ever look no matter what you did to the damn thing!!!

Really.....take off those damn front turn signals and replace with some aftermarket kit, get an Akroporvic or Racefit can on there, hook up a fender eliminator kit and get some intigrated rear turn signals/HID headlights and you got yourself a real stunner of a bike.........

I suggest you check out zx10r.net.......some pretty choice new zx-10's on there already.

That being said......my local Honda dealer has got in two 08' CBR-1000's and neither of them actually spent a full day on the floor before being taken.......so some people obviously like them!!!

Bike
    2008 Kettweisel Style.
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBOSSMAN View Post
    Bwahahahahaha
    You know that you could probably get some medication that if used as prescribed, would help with that delusion of yours...
    Those who insist on perfect safety, don't have the balls to live in the real world.

Bike
    Z900
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickenlegs View Post
    Sat on a green one today.

I think I prefer my 06 thanks.

For a start, the shape of the seat on the 06 suits me better. Then, the lights... I like the look of the 06-07 lights. The new bike just doesn't do anything for me. Maybe in black it won't be that bad.

As for the rest, it appears slimmer and obviously more angular. The looks, well, it's not a grab my attention, good looking bike. Maybe in black, it'll be a stunner but not too nuts about the green.

Oh yeah, once the can and number plate shovel are gone, it'll look heaps better...

I'd definately take one over a R1 or GSXR. Will reserve comments on the Blade...
    yep they look heaps better with a new can and tail tidy, alot more comfy to ride than the o6-o7 as well. just a much better all round package. great bike
    "your car is boring"

Thread Information