Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Christchurch has a new bike dealership

Bike
    08 Victory Vegas
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Grant the spares guy moved from Tommys to Linwood ave and was doing Yamaha spares as Yamaha wouldn't let Bob open the shop in Rangiora with out having a spares dealer in Chch, the spares guy (Clayton) at McClearys out here is bloody good
    Not quit Bob open the shop in Rangiora first and Grant was not allowed to sell Yamaha's because for his shop so could only sell parts and that why he sells the China-ess bikes he does and not Yamaha's.
    Feel the fear and do it anyway

Don't confuse education with intelligence.
    There are alot of highly educated idiots out there.

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    Quote Originally Posted by lemans View Post
    You had to do a bit of a U turn to get to the shop. (Blenheim Rd near the stock yards )
    And had forgot that they were all so near Wigram Air Base.

Manarch built a shop in Hornby and as far as I can remember that was the only shop they had.
    The owner did work for Tommy as a sale man before going out on this own

Not the way I remember it.
    He built the Moorehouse shop played around and his bit on the side had Bob.
    Got divorce and that forced him to move to St Asaph St.
    Now he may had had a second divorce and that may forced him to move again, as he then moved in to his brothers shop and disappeared on the map and was last selling Jinlings? (Honda copys)

That was Atlantic Motor Cycles and they moved to Ferry Rd and then Fizgerald Ave.
    One of the onwer's (Bill X Eric Woods sales mans) had health problems so the two partners split and closed.

I'm going for a ride now catch up to night.

It was the corner of Clarence St & Blenheim Rd and yeah was a crap of a place to get in & out of.

Ahh yep remember now Monarch had the shop roughly where Mitre10Mega is now became a classic cars salesyard.

When Tommy left St Asaph St Kevin left the shop on the corner of Durham & Tuam St and they shifted to the building just at the corner of Durham & Sandyford St (just over the Durham St Bridge).

Didn't Superior have the shop next door to Atlantic ? I've got one of Paul Stace's business cards saying 142 St Asaph

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by T.W.R View Post
    Didn't Superior have the shop next door to Atlantic ? I've got one of Paul Stace's business cards saying 142 St Asaph
    That was on the corner of Durham and St Asaph and was a accesories shop only,Trevor Kirby also worked out of there at one stage
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    That was on the corner of Durham and St Asaph and was a accesories shop only,Trevor Kirby also worked out of there at one stage
    I remember that now had a few 2nd hand bikes also. That's the car stereo outfit now

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Lets dredge a ten year old thread shall we?

I found out today that First European are not going to be the Triumph shop any more. CMG (selling Indians) now have the franchise.

FE are doing Benelli, MV, and other stuff - their custom work and second hand stuff. Probably more margin. Allegedly not their idea.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    mate... being such a massive car dealership nissin, isuzu just two of them they have now cleaned up on bikes, however they are not bike people and from what I have heard havent been the best tho Id say they are well ahead of 1st euro... but that aint hard

btw they have Guzzi and vespa aswell.
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    Lets dredge a ten year old thread shall we?

I found out today that First European are not going to be the Triumph shop any more. CMG (selling Indians) now have the franchise.

FE are doing Benelli, MV, and other stuff - their custom work and second hand stuff. Probably more margin. Allegedly not their idea.
    I thought what you thought, but I heard First European would retain the Triumph franchise and CMG would be Triumph dealers also?

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Casbolts took MV off FE some time back - 2016 I think.

Be interested to see how it goes with CMG - got the car funding behind them as did Avon City Suzuki/BMW when they started and they are still doing well by all accounts.

Bike
    09 Bonneville, 79 SR500
    Quote Originally Posted by SVboy View Post
    I thought what you thought, but I heard First European would retain the Triumph franchise and CMG would be Triumph dealers also?
    Some time ago, when 1st European still had Triumph, I was told that Triumph are moving to a new worldwide sales model which would require that if you sold Triumph then you wouldn't sell any other make (like the Harley shops), and there would be a standard shop design/layout (like MacDonalds etc) so that any Triumph shop you went into anywhere in the world would be the same. The dealer would have to pay for this setup themselves, and it was unlikely that 1st European would be able to afford to do so, so they were expecting to loose the Triumph brand, while CMG has much deeper pockets and had been busy taking other brands away from 1st European, so it was expected that they would get the Triumph dealership. Sure enough, CMG has had Triumph for a month or so now. If the rest of the story turns out to be correct and it has to be a stand alone Triumph shop, then I assume that CMG will operate Triumph out of one premises and the other brands out off another - they own enough buildings along there to be able to do that, and money isn't an issue for them.

Another part of the story was that there was to be one Triumph dealer for the South Island and one for the North Island only.

It may turn out to be true, or it may not, I'm just passing on what I was told.
    The views expressed above may not match yours - But that's the reason my Dad went to war - wasn't it?
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, .... but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,... shouting "man, what a ride"!!!

Bike
    Street Triple R
    the other aspect might be that once Triumph roll out the "world store" and their engines are in Moto2 (but they dont sell a Daytona 765 because they are fuckwits) it all looks tickety boo, Mr J. Bloor Esq might sell it. Like Ducati or MV or whatever. Might make a decent adjunct for whichever major Chinese* government backed multinational car maker wants a prestige brand...

(or Indian - not US Indian, India Indian)

Bike
    S1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    the other aspect might be that once Triumph roll out the "world store" and their engines are in Moto2 (but they dont sell a Daytona 765 because they are fuckwits) it all looks tickety boo, Mr J. Bloor Esq might sell it. Like Ducati or MV or whatever. Might make a decent adjunct for whichever major Chinese* government backed multinational car maker wants a prestige brand...
    It'd be company's major stupidity not to release Daytona 765 by 2019 in time for the launch of Moto2 engined season. From business point of view, I'd say the whole point of bidding to have 765 engine for Moto2 was to revive the sports series Daytona nationwide.

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post
    It'd be company's major stupidity not to release Daytona 765 by 2019 in time for the launch of Moto2 engined season. From business point of view, I'd say the whole point of bidding to have 765 engine for Moto2 was to revive the sports series Daytona nationwide.
    You'd think so. Still, sport bike sales have tanked world wide. Honda dropped the CBR600 while that engine was the Moto2 engine and had established an amazing record for reliability, so if Triumphs market research doesn't predict a gold rush they might not bother.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    You'd think so. Still, sport bike sales have tanked world wide. Honda dropped the CBR600 while that engine was the Moto2 engine and had established an amazing record for reliability, so if Triumphs market research doesn't predict a gold rush they might not bother.
    in the latest Performance Bikes, they test a Daytona 765RS built by a Triumph dealer. It looks like a factory bike It uses the last generation Daytona fairing on stock mounting hardware with no modifications, and they have put it on clipons and so forth. The test unit has an SC Project exhaust (fruity) and the guy is selling them - 14000 quid. Like a Daytona but quicker.

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    I have gone from my beloved GSXR600 to a Street triple r recently. Not because I really wanted to, but because I old and non-bendy and now hopefully slower on the roads because naked.[Not me!] . Sadly I think sports bikes are getting less and less in sales numbers because many riders now fit a similar demographic to me. Makers are simply not seeing the sales to justify the investment on a new range of sports bikes, except as halo models. Sad times. Still have the Busa tho................

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by SVboy View Post
    I have gone from my beloved GSXR600 to a Street triple r recently. Not because I really wanted to, but because I old and non-bendy and now hopefully slower on the roads because naked.[Not me!] . Sadly I think sports bikes are getting less and less in sales numbers because many riders now fit a similar demographic to me. Makers are simply not seeing the sales to justify the investment on a new range of sports bikes, except as halo models. Sad times. Still have the Busa tho................
    Supply is following demand. A lot of folk who buy Royal Enfield Himalayas were potential sports bike folk decades ago, but are now looking for more mature options.

The last CBR600 I had a ride on was a beast, it's shame to see such bikes disappearing.

Thread Information