Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Levels - Have a go day - May 10th?

Bike
    '05 cb900

Levels - Have a go day - May 10th

Have I got the date right?

Who's going? & is it just another turn up and ride day??

Bike
    '05 cb900
    Thank's for the replies

Anyway - found out that it's organised by Canterbury motorcycle club and it's on the 10th May.... (date edited above)

Anyone else going from Queenstown / Southland??

Bike
    2006 Suzuki DR650 & FZR1000 race bike
    I think you got it right, check out mci website for dates. http://www.mci.net.nz/events.php

Bike
    '86 GSX 750se KATANA

Levels track day

Gidday,

I sure would be keen to join in at levels, do I need to contact the Canterbury MCC to book a spot or is it just turn up?

Woody.

Bike
    Prolight 250,XR4hundy
    Usually just rock on up....make sure you get there early though as they will turn you away as they want everyone signed in & bike scrutinsed by about 8.30.
    Might go myself as the last one @ Ruapuna was a washout....I learnt then that riding in the rain at a track day is the same as riding in the rain on the road...stink!!
    The Heart is the drum keeping time for everyone....

Bike
    '86 GSX 750se KATANA
    Sweet, might have to ride up the night before. May the weather gods be good to us that weekend
    Last edited by Woody; 21st April 2008 at 23:47. Reason: spelling mistake!

Bike
    Buell XB12R
    Levels is an awesome track: anyone who can get there, SHOULD go!
    You guys will love it. And if the weather is a bit iffy, make plans to go anyway as it can often be quite different there to Timaru.
    The forecast last saturday was for rain/hail etc but at the track it was fine with a cool breeze, perfect conditions for racing.
    "Do not meddle in the affairs of Buells, for they are subtle and quick to wheelie!"
    --J RR1000 Tolkien

yank tank at Glenorchy 2006 rally

Bike
    GSXR450
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashika View Post
    Levels is an awesome track: anyone who can get there, SHOULD go!
    You guys will love it. And if the weather is a bit iffy, make plans to go anyway as it can often be quite different there to Timaru.
    The forecast last saturday was for rain/hail etc but at the track it was fine with a cool breeze, perfect conditions for racing.

BEST track in the country I think, it really makes you think. The real fast lines, are not the obvious lines you see at first ( From an x racers point of view)
    I fear the day technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots! ALBERT EINSTEIN

Bike
    Buell XB12R
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    BEST track in the country I think, it really makes you think. The real fast lines, are not the obvious lines you see at first ( From an x racers point of view)
    actually from your point of view, how do you take that corner onto the main straight? I just cant get it right... I think the left-hander before it buggers me up all the time
    "Do not meddle in the affairs of Buells, for they are subtle and quick to wheelie!"
    --J RR1000 Tolkien

Bike
    GSXR450
    actually from your point of view, how do you take that corner onto the main straight? I just cant get it right... I think the left-hander before it buggers me up all the time

Find the Airfare for a return from New Plymouth, and I will come show ya eh?
    I fear the day technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots! ALBERT EINSTEIN

Bike
    Buell XB12R
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Find the Airfare for a return from New Plymouth, and I will come show ya eh?
    luv too one day matey!
    But it could get kinda expensive if I have to hire the track out as well? You'll just have to pop down next time we race out there... which could be awhile cos they only get the track a couple of times a year. I'd really like to have a bucket meet there, now that would be damn fun! (no flippin S/S to get in the way).
    --J RR1000 Tolkien

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Was desperatly trying to get the wee Honda race bike ready to take up to this on the 10th but $ has decided otherwise so was thinking fuck it and just ride the old TL up and have some fun.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    Joe2 the ALMIGHTY
    its a sportzone suzuki have a go day, everyone welcome.

website is here so you can bookmark it and keep up to date!

http://www.haveagoday.co.nz/

Bike
    GSXR450
    luv too one day matey!
    But it could get kinda expensive if I have to hire the track out as well? You'll just have to pop down next time we race out there... which could be awhile cos they only get the track a couple of times a year. I'd really like to have a bucket meet there, now that would be damn fun! (no flippin S/S to get in the way).

Pop down, A wee bit exspensive for me to do that, to just give my time away to the track day riders sorry to say. A big part of my living these days, is advice to and for riders, suspension set up, line choice etc at tracks

Maybe you could plan an instruction day, for some time in the future, and I could work with you on it.

Bike
    Prolight 250,XR4hundy
    Er, silly question...but um which way round do you ride there?

Does anyone have a recommendation on campground or cabins nearby as I plan to head down there on the fridey....oooooooooooh I cant wait
    The Heart is the drum keeping time for everyone....

Thread Information