Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Fix up night, this Friday (25 April)

Bike
    Hornet
    How was his throttle in the end? Snapping back? The process to remove the throttle from the handle bar reminded me of that ad on TV:

We removed your gearbox, engine casing, pistons etc etc and arrr.... discovered that the spark plugs were dirty!
    Having trouble behaving on your bike? www.Ride2Die.com

Bike
    Like Dani Pedrosa's RC211V now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Macstar View Post
    How was his throttle in the end? Snapping back? The process to remove the throttle from the handle bar reminded me of that ad on TV:

We removed your gearbox, engine casing, pistons etc etc and arrr.... discovered that the spark plugs were dirty!
    Yeah was working 100 times better. It was returning now. Battery was dead though but no sweats as Leigh's pap can order one at a cost of $8.

Yeah that TSB Bank ad....what a crack up
    Don't just live to ride but ride to live.

Bike
    '08 DR650
    I still have a bandit hanging from the ceiling, seals have been replaced on its forks though. But ideally the dust seals should be replaced soon
    And madison is sitting, awaiting her dust seals (monday)

The GN has tail-lights tho!

Bike
    Too many to count
    i reckon hanne isn't very happy with the viffer after sleeping with madison;

while she dressed viffer not only did she break bits, but on my way home when i went to check my tire pressures i noticed some of the fairing bolts/screws were loose and coming out! nearly "streetfightered" my bike!

just wait till a little pocket rocket turns up in the shed

Bike
    Too many to count
    oh yeah, the new fork oil has made a definite difference in my bike. no more brake dive/acceleration lurching, much more bumps from the road, feels more responsive and it's actually dampening again! (still a little bit of underdamping)

pretty good considering i did exactly what the manual said not to do

EDIT: and nearly dropped it in the gas station; i adjusted the clutch handle position and now it hits the speedo when i go full lock right, so when i turned the bars and it didn't go as far as it normally does!

Bike
    L0 GSXR-R 1000 #87
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbyclist View Post
    oh yeah, the new fork oil has made a definite difference in my bike. no more brake dive/acceleration lurching, much more bumps from the road, feels more responsive and it's actually dampening again! (still a little bit of underdamping)

pretty good considering i did exactly what the manual said not to do

EDIT: and nearly dropped it in the gas station; i adjusted the clutch handle position and now it hits the speedo when i go full lock right, so i turned the bars and it didn't go as far as it normally does!

rofl !!nub !!
    Firestarter Racing on facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirestarterRacing

Racing thanks to:

www.fluidcoatings.co.nz
    www.motostyle.co.nz
    MAXIMA racing Oils
    www.projectdigital.co.nz
    METZELER Tires
    New Plymouth Motorcycle Center
    www.topstitch.co.nz/

Bike
    RC46 VFR800 in yellow, VTR250, ÜberFXR
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiggles View Post
    I still have a bandit hanging from the ceiling, seals have been replaced on its forks though. But ideally the dust seals should be replaced soon
    And madison is sitting, awaiting her dust seals (monday)

The GN has tail-lights tho!
    w00t! Found a 20 L plastic container that can be donated as "AUSMC waste oil dump" mmmm litres of waste fork-oil!!!

Someone reverse-burgled the boot of our car with a mighty large offset ring spanner too? Will drop off when I'm passing by in the wagon.
    Quote Originally Posted by xerxesdaphat View Post
    V4! VFR800s sound like some sort of alien rocket-ship coming to probe all of our women and destroy our cities

Bike
    AX100 "Poppy"
    Blog Entries
    i reckon hanne isn't very happy with the viffer after sleeping with madison;

while she dressed viffer not only did she break bits, but on my way home when i went to check my tire pressures i noticed some of the fairing bolts/screws were loose and coming out! nearly "streetfightered" my bike!

just wait till a little pocket rocket turns up in the shed

hahaha well the viffer shouldn't've misbehaved in the shed then!
    You asked me if the bolts were done up and I said no and then once you were gone i realised that no one had actually tightened them before you left...

ooops ><

That first fairing break though, that was a sign of the viffer's remorse. I am a terrifying mother in law, apparently. Absolutely terrifying

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education ~ Mark Twain

Vegetarian Motorcyclists Unite

Bike
    Too many to count
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanne View Post
    hahaha well the viffer shouldn't've misbehaved in the shed then!
    You asked me if the bolts were done up and I said no and then once you were gone i realised that no one had actually tightened them before you left...

ooops ><
    yeah well i really should have checked it all before riding the thing anyway, i kinda assumed it had been done after i asked you. really not a good idea to assume stuff like that

Bike
    '08 DR650
    yeah well i really should have checked it all before riding the thing anyway, i kinda assumed it had been done after i asked you. really not a good idea to assume stuff like that
    rofl, yer. assume being ya know...

She did say "no i didnt", never said ill do that now

I believe the large ring spanner is indeed mine, and was most likely used as a hammer or for the rear axle of someones bike

Bike
    Too many to count
    did you finish the bandit? got the shed dissasembled ok?

seen my 8mm ratchet ring spanner around? i got home and sure enough that's the one that's missing

Bike
    Too many to count
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiggles View Post
    rofl, yer. assume being ya know...

She did say "no i didnt", never said ill do that now
    yeah, you'd think i would've clicked when i pulled over to plug my front indicators in at the bottom of your road

Bike
    '09 DR-Z400SM; '89 VFR400R, '78 RD350E
    seen my 8mm ratchet ring spanner around? i got home and sure enough that's the one that's missing
    You should really have known better than to let your own tools get anywhere near the mancave. :P

Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    I'm off to shoot a dairy owner and steal a hundred bucks from his till, if he dies, it's the dumb curries fault for not wearing a bullet proof vest.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddad View Post
    New Zealand, where cows are happy, men are men, sheep are nervous and horses are fast because they heard about the sheep.

Bike
    VFR400, ZX9R, GSXR750, ZXR750, TRX850
    Got my new screen from Hong Kong today guys , need to bend that frame which holds the wing mirrors and screen together a bit before I put it on, any suggestions??

Bike
    01' NZ Postie CT110
    Bit of heat (heat gun) or that try a westie spanner/grips, the longer the better cause it's more westie and gives you more torque.

Honourable mention: that long westie metal tube at Steveos is a legend ! ! !

Thread Information