Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How much fun are wheelies

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R1AaronKDX
    get over your self. i aint an english teacher, im a brain dead biker that cant spell.

if you have trouble following what i type read aother post.

i have had heaps of PM's from people telling me good one for enjoying myself and to ignore the members like you
    man - no-one ever sends me a pm telling me how great I am - not even honda! and aaron - here's a heads-up - 28 isn't old.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    in fact, i wish i was 28 again, then i could be young, dumb and full of (insert appropriate member waggling item in here) again, whereas at 36, i'm only one of those things....

Bike
    08 ZX-6R Race Bike, FXR150
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATH_INC.
    Tracks are great,but where's the track I can go to anytime without spending the few spare dollars I need for fuel to get in???
    Coro Loop ..... hehehe. You are definately one guy i would love to see go around the track mate
    See Robert Taylor for any Ohlins requirements www.northwest.co.nz
    Thanks Colemans Suzuki
    Thanks AMCC
    I use DID Chains and Akrapovic Exhausts

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    Quote Originally Posted by marty
    in fact, i wish i was 28 again, then i could be young, dumb and full of (insert appropriate member waggling item in here) again, whereas at 36, i'm only one of those things....
    Mate,36 is still hoonable,I'm older than that
    Drew for Prime Minister!

www.oldskoolperformance.com

www.prospeedmc.com for parts ex U.S.A ( He's a Kiwi! )

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATH_INC.
    At the risk of being labeled a (insert you favorite insult here...),I also will continue as I do,to me these activities are what I enjoy about a motorcycle.When they give me somewhere legal and accesible to do it I will go there,but for now the roads gonna have to do.
    Fuck mate, would rather ride with you coming past on one wheel any day out the back blocks than have to deal with the pond scum on the motorways that seem out to kill me!

On the way to Paeroa earlier in the year, me being newbie, I was struggling in the wind and Death comes by up on one wheel looking far more stable than I! I was a greater risk to the public riding along near the 100k mark than he was at just faster than that.

mmmm bourbon makes for great posts......not

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Smoker
    I second this too, but i dont want to contradict myself as well...... How about riding on the track?????? Thats where real balls and skills come out to play....

Ah but it's a lot easier to pretend you're fast on the road than go and find out you're slow on the track!
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    SUZUKI TR50 STREET MAGIC
    man i love doing wheelies, stoppies, call me a show off but how cool is it to get all ya gear on leatherd up with the iridium visor go in2 twn and play with all the boy racers man there cars are slow, im not a "young hoon" by any stretch of the imagination, just cant stop myself, all you oldez probly think im givn bikers a bad name and what not but if theres a group of people standing on the side of the road i have to do a wheelie . how fast has any1 gone on the back wheel? on my old 750 i had no idea(speedo ran off frnt wheel) on the r1 i have done 244kph
    thank goodness i thought i was the only one left, i always like to see someone else riding hard and doing stands and stoppies and shit.just as long as you do this stuff moderatly safely then its all good fun.just ignore all the fags on this site who say dont do this and dont do that , i sometimes wonder why some people even get a bike they may as well catch a bus.

Bike
    RSVR-BICILINDRICO
    How do you pretend to be fast on the road ?? Have a Guy that does Mono's on a R1 here & video's them to . From what I hear & have seen he's pretty good at it . But as i found out from year's of mono's on dirt bike's you will go over at sometime . Not a worry when at a beach or farm, but flip on the open road can be very different & cause yourself & other's harm . WE all have something that does it for us when we ride . Stoppy's, Mono's ,Two wheel drift's ,Track Day's . All we have to remeber is that if thing's go wrong will anyone else get hurt from it ,if so it may not be the right place to do it . So go somewhere which is Have fun but not at other's Cost
    SENSEI

SENSEI PERFORMANCE TUNING

" QUICKER THAN YOU SLOWER THAN ME "

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha
    Ah but it's a lot easier to pretend you're fast on the road than go and find out you're slow on the track!
    fully the track rocks, i cant afford to race all the time yet but i have done have ago days, only got passed by on 04 R1 on slicks the last time out, and i plan on doing the brittan race nxt year, the thing i find with the track is there are rich and cant ride, sponsored and aint bad, broke and crap(but having fun), and talented but broke, on the road its all relitive i guess but it s not all money driven, i think i said all that right, u get what i mean anyway.

as for pretending on the road hhhmmm na i am fast when ya nxt in chch come find out, or the track im easy.

Bike
    08 ZX-6R Race Bike, FXR150
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha
    Yep, im slow as hell on the track.... but then again im slow as hell on the road too
    See Robert Taylor for any Ohlins requirements www.northwest.co.nz
    Thanks Colemans Suzuki
    Thanks AMCC
    I use DID Chains and Akrapovic Exhausts

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    I love wheelies and stoppies, and burnouts.
    I just cant remember how to do them well, might get some practice in when the supermarket car parks go emtpy after xmas
    However i have to agree, there is a line between being a stuntsperson (not all are guys), and an arrogant dick.
    The boy racer scene has proved this to us
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    Indian Scout
    Quote Originally Posted by Biff Baff
    There's no sweeter feeling than being at some traffic lights when some dick in a so called fast car (normally a he anyway) fancies his chances revving like a freak. Then he pulls off, you give it some right, glide past with the front end rising making him look like a complete dork, then you settle down to a relatively law abiding speed while he speeds off like a banshee. You know you could out do him. You don't. Live smugly in the knowledge that you could, any time.

With a couple of young kids a wife and a good life I'd rather not risk loosing all of that either by being banged up in prison being used as some drug crazed psychos bitch because I killed some innocent bystander, or die and force my wife and kids and the rest of my family and friends to suffer the pain in loosing a loved one.

There's a time and a place...............
    How did you do that? Reach into my mind and say all the stuff I would have said, especially the family bit.
    For good or bad wheelies and stoppies are addictive and like a lot of you I find the whole riding experience is a buzz right from the moment you start putting your gear on. You take on another persona and its a happy place. BUT, I also want to visit that happy place the next day, the next week and for years to come so some discretion is required. Biff baff said it "There's a time and place". You're right Death Inc, the track may be the right place but none of us can just pop around the corner to the track for an hour of fun.
    I personally don't find wheelies dangerous so long as you remember you and the bike are a projectile and if you loose it/flip/whatever, momentum will carry you+bike directly forward give or take 10-15 degrees. This is always my first consideration (being such a considerate bastard) to ask myself if it goes wrong who is in harms way. Never without clear open visibility ahead, or towards intersections, pedestrians, crowds or furry animals (exceptions being anyone into rap music or any other activity that annoys me). In fact that's really it, check ahead, clear road -GO. Just make sure it's a case of do unto yourself and not others.
    Yes some could argue I have passed cars on the back wheel but same principle applies - my momentum would not send me into reverse.
    Good to see that there are more like minded riders around and we are not twenty something juvenile delinquents, we're 40 something delinquents still able to get a buzz.
    Do it safely Guys
    MD
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher
    Jesus wept. I can't help it but for some strange reason the word "moron" flashes before my eyes. Repeatedly.

Yes, I do think that this sort of testosterone-charged willy-waggling gives all bikers a bad name. Even worse, is that when conducted as "described" it will probably get people badly hurt or killed.

I am as big a fan as anybody of skillful stunting. But in an appropriate place at an appropriate time. Please.
    Snap!!! Was thinking the same thing myself. We have an idiot on a GS1200SS who does weelies on the main roads here, the f##$tard. Also a silly twat on a mini bike that does stupid stunts in rush hour traffic.

Bike
    BSA A10
    fully the track rocks, i cant afford to race all the time yet but i have done have ago days

as for pretending on the road hhhmmm na i am fast when ya nxt in chch come find out, or the track im easy.

A have a go day isn't the same as a proper race and you're not up against the best riders the club has to offer

At club days you can now get day licences so you dont have to wait for the have a go days,next is the 20th Jan I think.

Fast on the road,I couldn't really give a toss about,but I've seen a few guys who think they're fast front up at club days and most of them find they're not quite as fast as they thought they were

I don't have a road bike capable of going fast anyway and my bucket (unless it was a kart track) or running the sidecar against a R1 wouldn't be a even competition on the track, although the sidecar might beat you off the line and then I could make it seem fairly wide
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    4K006RXSG
    Quote Originally Posted by BITCHer
    Jesus wept. I can't help it but for some strange reason the word "moron" flashes before my eyes. Repeatedly.

Yes, I do think that this sort of testosterone-charged willy-waggling gives all bikers a bad name. Even worse, is that when conducted as "described" it will probably get people badly hurt or killed.

I am as big a fan as anybody of skillful stunting. But in an appropriate place at an appropriate time. Please.
    Don't mock what you can't do...
    Because I can...

Thread Information