Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: We need more girls...definately need more girls

Bike
    RC46 VFR800 in yellow, VTR250, ÜberFXR
    Quote Originally Posted by HungusMaximist View Post
    I do have to say Ross's sounds pumping out of his car was pretty sweet.

As for girls, we all know motorcycles has always connected better with the guys. (snippy)
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbyclist View Post
    i can just see it now:

SMC "we need girls night"

about 50 guys in stephens shed, heavy metal playing and hanne and sophie hiding round the corner

Think you're onto something here fullas...

If I were a modern woman, I'd probably be a little uneasy around such a 'boys' night' atmosphere. If we really want to be more inclusive (ie more 'girls'), we'd better act in a more inclusive way.

(Thankfully, there's little chance of mistaking me for a modern woman - perhaps a cave-woman if the night was dark enough?)

A free scooter/bike safety check might go down well if advertised to the whole club? The woeful state of some of the 50cc scooters I see parked at Law School makes me cringe.

Hanne and Sophie have reasons other than bikes for being there - additionally, someone's gotta keep an eye on us and make sure nothing degenerates to 'Jackass' level!

As for the sounds - hopefully a one-off: I prefer the sweet booming of Mr Honda and Mr Yoshimura in duet to the booming of Mr Infinity Kappa.

(If I must be stuck in the family wagon, I prefer Mr Infinity's booming to gridlock insanity - not generally Pantera, but was OK for a change. If I had to pick guitar driven sounds, it'd be the genius of Tool. On 9 days out of 10, give me the oonsting of DnB or breakbeats - yay for George and Up FM)
    Quote Originally Posted by xerxesdaphat View Post
    V4! VFR800s sound like some sort of alien rocket-ship coming to probe all of our women and destroy our cities

Bike
    2004 snow white, k1 beast
    i see that the fixit night is turning into a club with girlyz and a dj? we need to start anothe fixit night where we actually FIX bikes....
    Terrorist are people too.....

Bike
    '09 DR-Z400SM; '89 VFR400R, '78 RD350E
    Quote Originally Posted by Phurrball View Post
    Hanne and Sophie have reasons other than bikes for being there - additionally, someone's gotta keep an eye on us and make sure nothing degenerates to 'Jackass' level!
    Not really - Hanne is usually the first person to start hurting themselves!

Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    I'm off to shoot a dairy owner and steal a hundred bucks from his till, if he dies, it's the dumb curries fault for not wearing a bullet proof vest.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddad View Post
    New Zealand, where cows are happy, men are men, sheep are nervous and horses are fast because they heard about the sheep.

Bike
    Goose
    Quote Originally Posted by Phurrball View Post
    If I were a modern woman, I'd probably be a little uneasy around such a 'boys' night' atmosphere. If we really want to be more inclusive (ie more 'girls'), we'd better act in a more inclusive way.
    *Ahem* A "modern woman", hmmmm WTF is that?! Some of us chicks actually love bikes and make the boy's blush becuase of oue "behaviour". Maybe some of you just need to HTFU!!!
    "Some people are like clouds, once they fuck off, it's a great day!"

Bike
    ^^^ I did miss that particular incident. Was it not a heroic maiming in the course of mechanical progress?
    V4! VFR800s sound like some sort of alien rocket-ship coming to probe all of our women and destroy our cities

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8 Jacket View Post
    *Ahem* A "modern woman", hmmmm WTF is that?! Some of us chicks actually love bikes and make the boy's blush becuase of oue "behaviour". Maybe some of you just need to HTFU!!!
    My lady would fit into the category of which you speak - she got that way after many years fighting and drinking with the Judo lads in the UK and loves to shock people by contrasting her sweet appearance with disturbing stories and anecdotes. (The AUSMC haven't seen much of this yet...)

Not all women are this way I realise - I didn't mean to imply that modern women are somehow delicate violets - but probably the majority of women would not feel comfortable with a 'boys' night' atmosphere. If we're genuinely looking to attrach more female participation, we may need to address that.

That all said - a boys' night is fine by me. I tend to moderate my behaviour around people that are unknown quantities.

Bike
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by BANZAI View Post
    No offence but Metal isn't music, from a music student's point of view...

If you guys need music I'll bring some of my Jazz CD
    Heheh I think we're going to get along just fine.

Miles Davis & Coltrane FTW

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa
    The thread whilst posted in a piss takey way was indeed serious as to including more females in the clubs fix it night activities. I'm sick of girls being thought of as delicate, fuck it, send the e-mail out to the whole club, but it would be nice to see some more feminine participation in the club haha. Don't say there are no girls, I see heaps of girls on scooters at uni, here's hoping they are in the club. Fix it night will still be bike orientated but it's also a great chance to catch up and kick tires! An activity where the club can actually act like a club and have social interaction instead of wanky bitch slap threads on the net.

Club rides are great but half of motorcycling is the people you ride with and the atmosphere/camaraderie gained and I personally find actually talking and getting to know you tools in the club, having a beer and generally having a chill whilst still working on bikes is nice. Instead of a "I'll show up just to get my bike fixed" atmosphere.

As for metal music, it's a taste, like how some people like oysters, to me it tastes like boogers and looks like boogers. You don't like it, thats fine your opinion, just don't bag on people who do. Haha was just taking the piss with that comment timati , yeah that was an big penis I drew on your car. I'm sensible and all but I'm still young, and like being a tool sometimes.

Bike
    VFR400, ZX9R, GSXR750, ZXR750, TRX850
    Surely Stephen must have a number of girls actually in the club...? The club emails go out to EVERYONE's emails in the club, obviously they just aren't keen at all. I dunno whether ANY girls on scoots would join, why would they lol all they need is the throttle and brake and no gear and they're sweet! They're not exactly into "scootering", it's just a way of commuting.

I know there are at least a few girls who are members of the club and do ride motorbikes to uni, dunno why they don't come along?

Hell there must be more than the 20 or so of us usuals who are at fix-ups, rides, and chillers anyway, both girls and guys! If we can somehow make people feel more comfortable and welcome to come along it would be great yeah, then Stephen can have 20 bikes in his garage for slumber parties! Maybe another BBQ at Mission Bay or something? Sent out in the club email as a chance for all new members to come grab a banger and a bottle.

As for metal music... Would you like those oysters shoved in your face and be forced to eat them? I'm fine with a bit of metal, but not necessarily having it blasted down my ears when I'm just chilling out and (trying) to chat to people.

Personally I like mix cds with a bit for everyone

Had a great night guys, next time maybe you should all come along on the coro loop too!!! Well, for the ones with fixed bikes now

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingrob View Post
    Surely Stephen must have a number of girls actually in the club...? The club emails go out to EVERYONE's emails in the club, obviously they just aren't keen at all. I dunno whether ANY girls on scoots would join, why would they lol all they need is the throttle and brake and no gear and they're sweet! They're not exactly into "scootering", it's just a way of commuting.

I know there are at least a few girls who are members of the club and do ride motorbikes to uni, dunno why they don't come along?

Hell there must be more than the 20 or so of us usuals who are at fix-ups, rides, and chillers anyway, both girls and guys! If we can somehow make people feel more comfortable and welcome to come along it would be great yeah, then Stephen can have 20 bikes in his garage for slumber parties! Maybe another BBQ at Mission Bay or something? Sent out in the club email as a chance for all new members to come grab a banger and a bottle.

As for metal music... Would you like those oysters shoved in your face and be forced to eat them? I'm fine with a bit of metal, but not necessarily having it blasted down my ears when I'm just chilling out and (trying) to chat to people.

Personally I like mix cds with a bit for everyone

Had a great night guys, next time maybe you should all come along on the coro loop too!!! Well, for the ones with fixed bikes now
    I didn't shove anything down your face, that wasn't even that metally! Fine we will play mix cd's and the such.

Bike
    VFR400, ZX9R, GSXR750, ZXR750, TRX850
    Quote Originally Posted by Drider87 View Post
    I didn't shove anything down your face, that wasn't even that metally! Fine we will play mix cd's and the such.
    Haha just saying it was pretty loud for the environment! Whatever music is good for me but not always keen for it to be pumping... We're chilling out, not clubbing!

Bike
    bucket of rusty old Italian bolts
    Haha just saying it was pretty loud for the environment! Whatever music is good for me but not always keen for it to be pumping... We're chilling out, not clubbing!

Well said, bling awarded.

Bike
    '08 DR650
    There are 10 on the books, must be time for another signup stand to meet the rest of you guys' needs

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa
    Maybe you need to chill out in a retirement home , was just playing some goddamn loud music, you also don't hit town much to think that the pantera was anywhere near clubbing loud. Next time I'll show you clubbing loud metal, you'll run into the bushes crying. Nuff said on that, we will agree to disagree robbo .

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa
    Quote Originally Posted by MGST View Post
    Well said, bling awarded.
    That was the first time music was played loud at a chiller, but thats okay next time we shall work in silence mate, and sip on tea and maybe we can get a game of bowls going or something.

Thread Information