Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Dragwars 08

Bike
    NC30
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeliemonsta View Post
    Yep... that about sums it up

Your bike needs a current W.O.F & reg (it will go through a basic tech inspection before you can race) if you think it's capable of running under 10 seconds then you need to be wearing full leathers...

Cheers

Ok that sounds good. My mate has a racebike that he races in F3 etc that me may enter, only it's a race bike... no WOF, will be be able to enter?

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX750-H1~2 (Pre 89 F1)

Re: Meremere

Quote Originally Posted by mark247 View Post
    Ok that sounds good. My mate has a racebike that he races in F3 etc that me may enter, only it's a race bike... no WOF, will be be able to enter?
    Your mate will have to run his bike in the "C - Bike" (Competition) bracket if it's not road registered...

Cheers

To finish first - first you must finish... Oh b.t.w, which way doe's Turn 1 go & whats the lap record...

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwifruit View Post
    *waits for the 2007 round 4 winter drag war results to be posted on the web site*
    *prepares to take his 2007 YZF-R1 to the first round of the 2008 winter drag wars*

I wonder how they'll like being beaten by a piece of seafood...
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    Honda VFR400 NC30.
    Just out of curiosity.

Whats the fastest 4 stroke 250 any one has seen that isn't turbo ect?
    And, would any one no what my hornet would do?? I've taken a car down but wouldn't mind seing my reaction time on my bike.
    " yah trick yah "

Bike
    06 ZX14
    So you just turn up on the day and pay the $25 and ya racing?

Plus the $15 to enter through the gate regardless if your racing or spectating and then your racing.....provided your bike has a current WOF and rego and it passes scrutineering (as long as you have a wof you shouldnt fail, unless your tyres are fu@#ed or something like that)

Oh and make sure you have gloves....you would be suprised the amount of people that turn up without them!! 100+mph and asphalt surfing = sore hands.

Bike
    NC30
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Rat View Post
    unless your tyres are fu@#ed or something like that)
    I have two rear wheels, one with my brand knew GPR-10 on it and the other with an old battlax that it not warrentable in the middle. Kinda wanna use the battlax... do you think they would mind?

I could just put my warrentable one on then swap them once im in....

Bike
    07 gxsr1000
    I could be wrong but because it's a street meet they don't run comp bike's as a rule may pay to ring the track on 0800372472 better safe than sorry

Bike
    tb
    Your mate will have to run his bike in the "C - Bike" (Competition) bracket if it's not road registered...

Cheers

does it cost more for C class?

Bike

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    does it cost more for C class?
    No it doesn't, its just the class the bike will be running in...

Might pay to ring the "Powers That Be" as Mugins has suggested to make sure the bike can actually be run on the day...

Cheers

*** Mark247 - Run your Bridgestone, it's kind of pointless ragging your good road tyres... Provided it's not showing canvas or any damage you'll be fine ***
    To finish first - first you must finish... Oh b.t.w, which way doe's Turn 1 go & whats the lap record...

Bike
    06 ZX14
    There is no comp bike or modified bike divisions at the winter drag wars unfortunately.

The whole day is DYO (dial your own) racing or grudge racing if you just wanna race against a couple of your mates all day.

There is the occasional comp car that comes down for the winter meets so i suggest you ring the track manager Scott Campbell on 0274944775 to see if you can bring a race bike.

The weather forecast is looking pretty good for Sunday.

Bike

How bloody unusual - meeting coming up & its pissing down

Cheers

Bike
    07 Hayabusa
    Blog Entries

Cheers

C'mon Scott, it's looking like it'll clear up towards Sunday, fingers crossed...
    Has it ever bothered you that Therapist is The Rapist if you break the word in two? It bothers me, especially when they suggest hypnosis.

Bike
    Nada

Yep sadly it's looking that way atm eh mate. Sucks arse as I've got our ZX14 prepped and ready to buzz with a fat arsed race slick etc but with this crap weather due on Sunday I'm wondering whether it's going to be worth the drive over...which means if I don't come,it'll be mint

Bike
    NC30
    Quote Originally Posted by DMNTD View Post

Yep sadly it's looking that way atm eh mate. Sucks arse as I've got our ZX14 prepped and ready to buzz with a fat arsed race slick etc but with this crap weather due on Sunday I'm wondering whether it's going to be worth the drive over...which means if I don't come,it'll be mint
    Same here! Bike's all ready, Sam made up a bracket so i can have a camera on the bike for sunday and everything... and after leaving driver's last night my tyre is a slick as well

Fingers crossed it will clear up.

Bike
    07 Hayabusa
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DMNTD View Post

Hell, a slick, you're well prepared Chris, I was looking for shinko 003 but it seems noone in Auckland stocks them at the moment, so chucking on an old dodgy Avon Azaro for the day...
    Has it ever bothered you that Therapist is The Rapist if you break the word in two? It bothers me, especially when they suggest hypnosis.

Thread Information