Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Dragwars 08

Bike
    NC30
    Quote Originally Posted by DMNTD View Post

The perks of working at a bike shop that services a MV race team, brother!
    I'll have a look tomorrow for another if you want one...no charge obviously
    Oh chris, give me a call on 021 2945205 to sort out picking the trailer up tomorrow if all is go.

Bike
    07 Hayabusa
    Blog Entries
    I'm definitely keen, will be good to catch up again. No PCIII yet here either so will be fun trying to control the launch with the 1st gear flat spot on a sick second hand rear tyre.
    Has it ever bothered you that Therapist is The Rapist if you break the word in two? It bothers me, especially when they suggest hypnosis.

Bike
    07 Hayabusa
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DMNTD View Post

The perks of working at a bike shop that services a MV race team, brother!
    I'll have a look tomorrow for another if you want one...no charge obviously
    Just a thought Chris, can you run a slick at the drag wars meets? I think that the bike must be road legal to run....? No competition Bikes etc.
    Has it ever bothered you that Therapist is The Rapist if you break the word in two? It bothers me, especially when they suggest hypnosis.

Bike
    07 gxsr1000

tyres

Quote Originally Posted by Kwaka14 View Post
    Hell, a slick, you're well prepared Chris, I was looking for shinko 003 but it seems noone in Auckland stocks them at the moment, so chucking on an old dodgy Avon Azaro for the day...
    THAT WILL TEACH YA YOU LOOKING IN THE WRONG SHED I ALWAYS STOCK THEM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwaka14 View Post
    Just a thought Chris, can you run a slick at the drag wars meets? I think that the bike must be road legal to run....? No competition Bikes etc.
    TOLD CHRIS TO CHECK WITH TRACK , MEANT TO BE LEGAL BUT MAY GET AWAY WITH IT.

Bike
    Nada
    We definitely won't be going over tomorrow due to some more serious commitments,damn it.
    Hope all goes well for y'all and take some vid's and pic's and post them up please!

Bike
    NC30
    How do we know if it is called off or not? Because if its fine over here in Tauranga it could be shit house weather over in meremere so i dont wanna drive all the way over there to go home again.... Any ideas?

Bike
    06 ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by mark247 View Post
    How do we know if it is called off or not? Because if its fine over here in Tauranga it could be shit house weather over in meremere so i dont wanna drive all the way over there to go home again.... Any ideas?

0800 DRAGRACING is the number to call whenever you want to check if racing is going ahead or been cancelled for ANY of Fram's racedays.

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX750-H1~2 (Pre 89 F1)

Re: Meremere

Not a bad meeting all in all...

Congats to Mugins for winning on the day

Cheers

To finish first - first you must finish... Oh b.t.w, which way doe's Turn 1 go & whats the lap record...

Bike
    06 R None
    Had a barrel of fun on Sunday.

Mike (Muggins) is the Man!! 10.4something on a slippery track riding the Bus and not far behind that time on the Gixer.
    In the DYO he came first and 4th or 5th not quite sure yet as the end of the day was a bit rushed with having a couple of showers, Mike looked funny as fuck jumping from bike to bike, at one stage I thought he would be facing himself in the finals….

Got a 11.00 with .500odd reaction time myself, could not get into the 10s,
    I got better reaction times during the meet (As I sobered up from my 3 am session)
    But the track got slipperier during the day.
    I struggled at the start to get traction (not doing burnouts on my $380.00 Road tyre and it is 250km home) but once it did find some traction things started screaming and if I wasn’t spinning in 3rd over the finish line I was doing about 215ks without hitting the rev limiter.
    But I got 3 more gears to use so am now looking for a spear rear wheel for the R1 so I can put a big arsed sprocket on and a trye I can destroy each meet.

Let me know if there is one about, I looked on Trade Me but nothing there just now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_8722.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	95513  
    "Ability hits the mark where presumption overshoots and diffidence falls short". Nicholas of Cusa

Bike
    NC30
    Quote Originally Posted by Korumba View Post
    Had a barrel of fun on Sunday.

Mike (Muggins) is the Man!! 10.4something on a slippery track riding the Bus and not far behind that time on the Gixer.
    In the DYO he came first and 4th or 5th not quite sure yet as the end of the day was a bit rushed with having a couple of showers, Mike looked funny as fuck jumping from bike to bike, at one stage I thought he would be facing himself in the finals….

Got a 11.00 with .500odd reaction time myself, could not get into the 10s,
    I got better reaction times during the meet (As I sobered up from my 3 am session)
    But the track got slipperier during the day.
    I struggled at the start to get traction (not doing burnouts on my $380.00 Road tyre and it is 250km home) but once it did find some traction things started screaming and if I wasn’t spinning in 3rd over the finish line I was doing about 215ks without hitting the rev limiter.
    But I got 3 more gears to use so am now looking for a spear rear wheel for the R1 so I can put a big arsed sprocket on and a trye I can destroy each meet.

Let me know if there is one about, I looked on Trade Me but nothing there just now.
    Where do you find the photos?

Bike
    06 R None
    Quote Originally Posted by mark247 View Post
    Where do you find the photos?
    I always look in my camera first, but since I did not take it on Sunday,

Visit here http://www.dragpixs.co.nz/index.shtml

Just email the dude with your details i.e. race number.

I might buy one photo off him at

A4 210mmX 297mm Cost $ 20.00 Delivery $ 9.00

Would rather give the Guy $50.00 for them all in digital format and do what I like with them, I believe he would sell shitloads more if he did that and no postage costs.
    "Ability hits the mark where presumption overshoots and diffidence falls short". Nicholas of Cusa

Bike
    NC30
    Quote Originally Posted by Korumba View Post
    I always look in my camera first, but since I did not take it on Sunday,

Visit here http://www.dragpixs.co.nz/index.shtml

Just email the dude with your details i.e. race number.

I might buy one photo off him at

A4 210mmX 297mm Cost $ 20.00 Delivery $ 9.00

Would rather give the Guy $50.00 for them all in digital format and do what I like with them, I believe he would sell shitloads more if he did that and no postage costs.
    So you have to email him to get sample photos?
    I just did that anyway,doesnt look like he has uploaded them on to the site at all.

Bike
    k3 busa
    well done mike kicked arse all day. on both bikes 2 . Loved the trick trailer gona have 2 make me one I think. I had gr8 fun squrming all the way up the track some 13 times . not as many as the drag queen himself eh scotty ??. oh & I think its spelled "Farce" not force.

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX750-H1~2 (Pre 89 F1)

Re: Meremere

Quote Originally Posted by ALLY G View Post
    well done mike kicked arse all day. on both bikes 2 . Loved the trick trailer gona have 2 make me one I think. I had gr8 fun squrming all the way up the track some 13 times . not as many as the drag queen himself eh scotty ??. oh & I think its spelled "Farce" not force.
    Run whore... Run whore...

And for my efforts I have a severely toasted clutch !!!

Arghh well - they say rust never sleeps, aye !!!

Cheers

To finish first - first you must finish... Oh b.t.w, which way doe's Turn 1 go & whats the lap record...

Bike
    07 gxsr1000
    just a couple of photos from Mike Ashton.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/at...1&d=1210928086
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_8558_Michael_Maunder.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	95709   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_8610_Michael_Maunder.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	95710   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_8862_Michael_Maunder.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	95711  

Thread Information