Thread: nc-24 reg/rec probs??

Bike
    68 Iron Head, 98 XR600R

nc-24 reg/rec probs??

I got a nc24 and my battery is overcharging. One day i lent my bike to a mate who redlined it on a nearly empty battery which fried the reg/rec and the ecu. After replacing these costly parts i started the bike back up nw im getting around 13-15V on idle and 18v at 5,000RPM. This is the 3ed reg/rec ive tried. (all being second hand) it was from a Yamaha rd450/ 550. Any suggestions? Maybe it will be fourth time lucky. But strange thing is when i do reg/rec checks with the multimeter things seem ok.... well at least i think.

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

IF anyone that has a nc24 could you please tell me your idle voltages and 5,000rpm voltages so i can compare and if u have a aftermarket or different reg/rec can you tell me cheers.
    Another one bites the dust!!!

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    I had a nc24, it did two regulator rectifiers. From memory one of Hondas ATV ones was a cheaper and more robust replacement, sorry cannot help you with further details....

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by XRKID View Post
    . . . from a Yamaha rd450/ 550. Any suggestions? Maybe it will be fourth time lucky.
    Off a what? no such beast.

ok so you've had a few duff regulators & now experimenting with other makes. Are they all pin for pin compatible? ie: have you got the battery voltage sensing wire hooked up?

idle voltage sounds fine (i.e. alternator shd be good) , but it should not go over 15V, older regs were set around 13.7 but they've crept up a bit to over 14 the 90s.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by XRKID View Post
    I got a nc24 and my battery is overcharging. One day i lent my bike to a mate who redlined it on a nearly empty battery which fried the reg/rec and the ecu. After replacing these costly parts i started the bike back up nw im getting around 13-15V on idle and 18v at 5,000RPM. This is the 3ed reg/rec ive tried. (all being second hand) it was from a Yamaha rd450/ 550. Any suggestions? Maybe it will be fourth time lucky. But strange thing is when i do reg/rec checks with the multimeter things seem ok.... well at least i think.

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

IF anyone that has a nc24 could you please tell me your idle voltages and 5,000rpm voltages so i can compare and if u have a aftermarket or different reg/rec can you tell me cheers.

I may get a chance to check it on my NC21, Will let you know if i do.
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    68 Iron Head, 98 XR600R

got it

Well i found it out. The wire sensor was the brown wire and black was the negative. Also i found out that the wire sensor wire (brown) has to be connected to a live wire aka a 12 V differential to the earth, to regulate the voltage. Is now around 13.6-14.6 V which is way better. Time to ride and
    Another one bites the dust!!!

Thread Information