Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quoting embedded images

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by slofox View Post
    a certain zealot had me nailed to the wall for it. SO he kids you not - you gotta be QUICK!...eh Hitcher...?
    I am a big pussycat really. I hand out full infractions for quoting embedded images and videos at about a 1:20 ratio to the warnings I give.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Thank you. I am sorry, I will try to be a little less careless in the future.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    me tooooooooooooooooo

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by unstuck View Post
    ↑↑↑Me tooooo ↑↑↑

Bike
    2005 Z750S
    Erm, just wondering what the point of this rule is when members can stick a bunch of images in their signature that then show for every post they make?

(Yeah, I get that re-posting a huge image is a pain in everyone's butt, but ...)
    Measure once, cut twice. Practice makes perfect.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pzkpfw View Post
    Erm, just wondering what the point of this rule is when members can stick a bunch of images in their signature that then show for every post they make?

(Yeah, I get that re-posting a huge image is a pain in everyone's butt, but ...)
    The forum limits the size of pics in the signature, and the total length.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    You have "view signatures" turned on??
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I have had warnings for quoting replies that have had photos in them. From what you have said it sounds like you have to be a bit of an IT whizz and have a lot of time to delete a photo and not all of us grew up with computers. May I suggest you perhaps configure quoting so the photo can not be included in the quote. I have never wanted to include any quoting of photos anyway.
    Looking at what is contained within square brackets [ something ] doesn't constitute IT wizardry.

However a more interesting note is since ADSL/VDSL and even Fibre are increasingly the norm and the days of painful Dialup are mostly confined to the history books - is there grounds for a relaxation on this policy (to the Mods) or are you going to stick with 'Quoted images are effing annoying to scroll through when trying to read a thread, so no'
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    and that old 'it takes up server space' - horse shit!
    They're neither hosted nor so much as cached on your (overseas not even in new zealand, boo! Hiss!) servers...

Pah.
    But naw. Keep em ban cos they're annoying.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    However a more interesting note is since ADSL/VDSL and even Fibre are increasingly the norm and the days of painful Dialup are mostly confined to the history books - is there grounds for a relaxation on this policy (to the Mods) or are you going to stick with 'Quoted images are effing annoying to scroll through when trying to read a thread, so no'
    There are still plenty of areas of NZ with substandard service. There are places that EUBA services are not available, BUBA only. That's of course, still populated etc, and dialup elsewhere.

Then again, for rural, there are more and more wireless services... heartening to see...
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Between bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I have had warnings for quoting replies that have had photos in them. From what you have said it sounds like you have to be a bit of an IT whizz and have a lot of time to delete a photo and not all of us grew up with computers. May I suggest you perhaps configure quoting so the photo can not be included in the quote. I have never wanted to include any quoting of photos anyway.
    It's not IT whizzardry. Just delete the
    Code:
    [IMG]
    and
    Code:
    [/IMG]
    that you read in the quoted text, and everything in between.
    "It's hard to keep an open mind, when so many people are trying to put things in it"

Bike
    None any more
    It would be even more fantastic if people used similar care about the misuse of apostrophes.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    It would be even more fantastic if people used similar care about the misuse of apostrophes.
    Oh my goodness...

Next you will want people to to use the following correctly:
    whether and weather, we're and where, fare, fear and fair, son and sun, know and no, new and knew, and so on...

plus, no doubt, to drive on the left side of the road and not use an apostrophe with plurals...

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    Oh my goodness...

Next you will want people to to use the following correctly:
    whether and weather, we're and where, fare, fear and fair, son and sun, know and no, new and knew, and so on...

plus, no doubt, to drive on the left side of the road and not use an apostrophe with plurals...
    Awesome, thanks!

Thread Information