Page 2 of 397 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Manawatu weekend rides

Bike
    2008 GSX750F
    Is anyone still keen to ride tomorrow to meet Sandra in Hunterville if weather is fine.
    We are keen but only if not raining.
    At this stage Sandra is going to be in Hunterville at 12.30, suggest we leave at 10.30ish. Any suggestion of meeting point?
    If you can't be good, be good at it
    Live is too short, live it to the fullest

Bike
    06 Bandit GSF 1200SK6
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarnz View Post
    Ok sounds good, BP Rangitikei 10ish, leave at 10.30. Weather permitting

Have just spoken with Sandra and warned that some of us were only riding if its not raining.
    hmm the weather is looking absolutely foul I will be leaving Turangi by about 9am so dunna worry bout the welcoming posse, but looks like I might be coming to palmy so a hot choccy & lunch ...
    Have to Karma ... Justice catches up eventually !!

Bike
    06 Bandit GSF 1200SK6
    Quote Originally Posted by NZsarge View Post
    Yeah ,you're probably right about the weather but we live in hope...
    Be nice to get another ride in before going back to work...
    yeah but no point everyone else getting wet in process ... love the chillout top damn good investment .. I was still warm when i got home today & we road in rain for about 90 ks
    Have to Karma ... Justice catches up eventually !!

Bike
    06 Bandit GSF 1200SK6
    ok guys got a bit of feedback today re the manawatu rides from those from other areas who have real trouble finding them .. since the main thread is full of banter etc and this one is suppose to be just weekend rides and kept clean

If we can leave this thread to links to rides you might post individually so if those from neighbouring areas can find it easily .. so banter etc can remain in that thread rather than clogging up all the threads we have going .. (like the fundraiser ride)

so can we just post links to rides that are organised or short notice rides

Remember some ppl can only get on every few days or weeks & makes it to hard to try & scroll through pages to find if there is a ride on ..

Moved 83 posts to the manawatu rides thread

cheers

Bike
    04 ZX10R 98 ZX9R #10
    reminder.

practice ride this weekend.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/ca...&day=2008-6-7&

Nearly all men can stand adversity and hard time, but if you want to test a mans true character, give him power....
    YouTube Videos
    MY PICTURES

Best place to stay in Hawkes Bay here

Bike
    04 ZX10R 98 ZX9R #10
    due to extremely crap weather expected tomorrow ride has been changed to Sunday 8th.

Meet at phil turnballs at 10am sunday morning.

see ya there.

Nearly all men can stand adversity and hard time, but if you want to test a mans true character, give him power....
    YouTube Videos
    MY PICTURES

Best place to stay in Hawkes Bay here

Bike
    SV400
    If anyones interested in a ride on Sunday 15th afternoon leaving 1pm PM or look back here.

Ride, stop for coffee/food then home.

Will confirm and post departure time and place tomorrow around midday 11.30am.

Bike
    2013 ZX14R SE
    Quote Originally Posted by GSVR View Post
    If anyones interested in a ride on Sunday 15th afternoon leaving 1pm PM or look back here.

Ride, stop for coffee/food then home.

Will confirm and post departure time and place tomorrow around midday 11.30am.
    Still departing from Ashhurst Gary?
    Could you maybe confirm a little earlier? Even half an hour would be good.
    Mind you if it's a good day i'll probably be riding by then anyway but an earlier confirmation would still be good so as if there's anyone from over this way wants to go it gives them time to sort their shit out and get there.

Bike
    SV400
    Quote Originally Posted by NZsarge View Post
    Still departing from Ashhurst Gary?
    Could you maybe confirm a little earlier? Even half an hour would be good.
    Mind you if it's a good day i'll probably be riding by then anyway but an earlier confirmation would still be good so as if there's anyone from over this way wants to go it gives them time to sort their shit out and get there.
    Ok Sarge on account of the fact your alot bigger than me I'll release some of the top secret details.

Might as well be Ashhurst garage as everyone knows where it is and it most central for all riders.

Departure time will be 1.00pm sharp.
    Since its a democracy we will vote on a choice of 3 rides:

One is east, one is north, and one is west. Whatever rides get the most votes/support after the election is it.

Sort of like typical Sunday afternoon ride.

Regrouping at regular waypoints and slower riders will be leading the way.

If theres more than ten riders I shall provide a gift to be drawn by lottery.

Etc, etc, etc.

Bike
    Suzuki Bandit

21st/22nd ride ?

Hey if anyone is not going to that track thingy next weekend is anyone keen on a ride somewhere ? maybe castlepoint and/or anywhere. Thought maybe 300ish km or there abouts. Fully open to suggestions, getting an itchy throttle hand ( no it's not hairy )

Bike
    2013 ZX14R SE
    Quote Originally Posted by rottiguy View Post
    next weekend is anyone keen on a ride somewhere ? maybe castlepoint and/or anywhere. Thought maybe 300ish km or there abouts.

Yeah I could be a starter for that.
    Castlepoint sounds good to me.

Bike
    Suzuki Bandit
    haha yep, only on 260km at the mo so she's still got a bit to go plan to get out most weekends and see some new places, more like a jaunt than a full on fang, can only do up to 130km/h so I seem to be getting left behind till she's run in

Quote Originally Posted by banditrider View Post
    Gotta get that bike run in eh?

Bike
    2013 ZX14R SE
    Hey if anyone is not going to that track thingy next weekend is anyone keen on a ride somewhere ? maybe castlepoint and/or anywhere. Thought maybe 300ish km or there abouts. Fully open to suggestions, getting an itchy throttle hand ( no it's not hairy )
    Any more thoughts on this? Saturday is looking like the only day for riding this weekend, sunday is looking like a shocker!
    Quote Originally Posted by yod View Post

might be in for a ride next weekend - have another work booze-up next friday too, which involves 4-wheeled teams racing, so that should be a hoot - will be staying clear of the jager tho...a bit too drinkable
    Don't get too sozzled, riding while resisting throwing up in one's helmet would'nt be too entertaining...

Bike
    Suzuki Bandit
    currently thinking of going to manfield for an hour first and then going on a ride, if that sounds like a plan, or will meet at the start of the pahiatua track at a given time

Bike
    2013 ZX14R SE
    currently thinking of going to manfield for an hour first and then going on a ride, if that sounds like a plan, or will meet at the start of the pahiatua track at a given time
    what's happening at Manfeild?

Thread Information