Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to this new forum!

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
    The one that features on the "Classic Comeback" video being built by John A, or a new one?
    It has a 165 70 10 on it.
    And yes its Bernies old one that featured in the video.
    Its virtually brand new & now the motor has been put together properly it should give me heaps of trouble free fun.
    I want to put a small guard on it so i can rear exit it, its just a style im more confident with.
    Im passengering for Tracey at Manfield this weekend, will you be there?

Bike
    Anything BSA

fraid not

my cranks in bits, being reground. Should have it ready again for Taupo in September, although motor will be very fresh, so will probably be happy to settle it down without drama.
    Don't worry about that rear exit s**t, get out the front where you should be. Tons of time to clamber round, have a cuppa tea, gotta keep the corner speed up due to lack of acceleration and brakes etc. It does take a bit of getting used to, but thats part of the fun and looks really classy too.
    My outfits front only, so wont help you. MarkC could send out an email query for you round the section as he's got a current listing.
    Mind you that infield section at Manfield can be a bugger to front exit through.
    Have fun at Manfield

Bike
    Ducati 600 Monster & GPZ550 Postie bike
    Hi Steve,

If you want to give me your email address (send me a message via the KB private message system if you prefer) and I'll circulate your request to the classic sidecar guys. Cheers, Mark
    If guns are responsible for violence, knives & forks are responsible for obesity

Bike
    Ducati 600 Monster & GPZ550 Postie bike
    Hi Steve,

I have emailed your request to all the people on our classic sidecar email list. Cheers, Mark
    If guns are responsible for violence, knives & forks are responsible for obesity

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    Hi Steve,

I have emailed your request to all the people on our classic sidecar email list. Cheers, Mark
    Ta mate, i see that.
    Hopefully it turns something up.

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
    my cranks in bits, being reground. Should have it ready again for Taupo in September, although motor will be very fresh, so will probably be happy to settle it down without drama.
    Don't worry about that rear exit s**t, get out the front where you should be. Tons of time to clamber round, have a cuppa tea, gotta keep the corner speed up due to lack of acceleration and brakes etc. It does take a bit of getting used to, but thats part of the fun and looks really classy too.
    My outfits front only, so wont help you. MarkC could send out an email query for you round the section as he's got a current listing.
    Mind you that infield section at Manfield can be a bugger to front exit through.
    Have fun at Manfield
    I fully appreciate the front exit thing & its authenticity, but if you could have gone out the front of Traceys outfit through the infield on the weekend id be surprised, she was hauling arse, her corner speed & direction changes were on a par with Scrivy on the 1300.
    Regarding swinging, i dont mind where i pop out, so long as my rider is safe but if i cant gaurantee my rider 100 per cent safety going out the front, then id rather go rear.

Bike
    Other peoples weapons....
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    I fully appreciate the front thing..... i dont mind where i pop out........ id rather go rear.
    I friggin knew it!!! Once a deviate, always a deviate!!!
    Is it still beastiality if ya fuck a frozen chicken??

Bike
    motocompo
    Hey guys, The BMW outfit has basically been a prick to start & has run like shit since i bought it. So today with a quiet afternoon at the workshop, I removed what is supposed to be a flash CC products wild cam & replaced it with a standard one from an R80RT. The difference is unbelievable, It bump starts in its own length & idles like a watch & has more useable power too.
    Just got to tidy up the wiring loom now & fit a few new bolts with new nyloc nuts & she'll be sweet for the have a go day!!
    I have a minor concern that the Scrivy is going to melt the 135sr15 Michelin Citroen 2cv tyres its fitted with, it can do huuuuge black lines down the street!!

Bike
    Anything BSA

Good Call

My atlas was very competitive with a stock cam and small carbs over 5 seasons, was just starting to develop a smokescreen. Theres a lot to be said for a low maintenance motor! Have got a big day ahead to put the spare motor together tomorrow so I've got an engine to run for next Sunday at Taupo. Which should then also be good for the have a go day too. Hopefully it'll behave itself.

Bike
    motocompo
    The BMW is all sorted out & looking great, It got a serious thrashing for about 15 minutes yesterday (closed private road of course) & after about 10 minutes the clutch started slipping. I understand that Smithy had no engine breather pipe & when he rode it last, Due to the fact that the rings were std & the bore was .25 over it chundered oil down the back of the engine & onto the clutch plate. The repair at the time, as i heard it, was to chase the oil up with a can of brakleen.
    Anyway, new clutch plate ordered & the minor task of installation.
    Stento suggested to wrap the wiring loom in plastic spiral wrap, instead of heat shrink, That has proved to be some of the best advice i have had so far, consequently everything is wrapped in it including brake hoses, throttle cables, H.T leads etc.
    See you guys at Taupo tomorrow.

Bike
    Bob, I'll east my own faeces if you can take one hand off and wave while going hard out through a series of esses on the BMW like you do on the Busa. The Busa is a doddle to swing on compared to the BMW - no front exits!!!
    Oh, I'm barring up for the H.A.G.Day!!!

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by scrivy View Post
    Bob, I'll east my own faeces if you can take one hand off and wave while going hard out through a series of esses on the BMW like you do on the Busa. The Busa is a doddle to swing on compared to the BMW - no front exits!!!
    Oh, I'm barring up for the H.A.G.Day!!!
    Bring a spoon pal.

Bike
    Bring a spoon pal.
    Does the BMW spin the rear in 4th while 3 wheel drifting and lifting the side as well?? Gotta try that coming onto the front straight......

Oh, BTW, I'll bring me cruskits........

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by scrivy View Post
    Bob, I'll eat my own faeces .... Oh, I'm barring up
    Bring a spoon pal.
    :slap:

Bike
    Anything BSA

B#gger

The BMW is all sorted out & looking great, It got a serious thrashing for about 15 minutes yesterday (closed private road of course) & after about 10 minutes the clutch started slipping. I understand that Smithy had no engine breather pipe & when he rode it last, Due to the fact that the rings were std & the bore was .25 over it chundered oil down the back of the engine & onto the clutch plate. The repair at the time, as i heard it, was to chase the oil up with a can of brakleen.
    Anyway, new clutch plate ordered & the minor task of installation.
    Stento suggested to wrap the wiring loom in plastic spiral wrap, instead of heat shrink, That has proved to be some of the best advice i have had so far, consequently everything is wrapped in it including brake hoses, throttle cables, H.T leads etc.
    See you guys at Taupo tomorrow.
    The new motor in the norton, showed some promise last weekend, but needs to come out and come down so isnt a starter for the have a go day. Looks like we wont have it sorted til Wanganui. It was good turn out last weekend, 14 outfits including a couple of moderns.

Thread Information