Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The nod. Or wave.

Bike
    Suzuki UZ125

The nod. Or wave.

Howdy all,

This discussion rages on the main bike threads... However I have noticed that there seems to be very little love between scooter riders. I always give a nod to anyone who rides anything but very seldom do I get anything in return. I say we start right now. Nod, Wave, Do a dance... whatever you like but there should be some love between the scooterisers out there.

Or perhaps I am mistaken and there is no love for your scoot and it is purely financial and convenience that posesses one to ride one. Not so in my case but perhaps I'm unusual...

and just for your amusement

Bike
    -
    Little/normal sized scooters rarely wave or return a wave. However Burgman/CH250 or similar riders often wave of their own accord.

I suppose because small scooters are often owned by car drivers who want a break on the fuel and parking costs, whereas owners of the big Burgmans etc. are often bikers or ride their scooter for the hell of it.

Same reason Lambretta owners wave or acknowledge you.

Bike
    2017 GSXR 750
    10 chars ....

[YOUTUBE]uvXZe9IFJQQ[/YOUTUBE]

nuf said

Bike
    VFR400, ZX9R, GSXR750, ZXR750, TRX850
    Get a bike!

Bike
    Suzuki UZ125
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingrob View Post
    Get a bike!
    Pretty sure I posted in the scooter section... asking about scooter riders... perhaps I am mistaken... no, no mistake.

I am a motorcyle rider also, just currently sans bike. Have you ridden a decent scooter recently? if not perhaps you should try one out...

Bike
    Hyosung GT250R
    maybe there doing the ol eyeborw raise

Bike
    Suzuki UZ125
    Haha yes perhaps you are correct. The speed... or lack thereof most 50cc's attain you could probably see the eyebrow raise too... but with my 11 enourmous horsepowers I am way to fast to catch such fine detail hahaah

Bike
    2020 BMW R1250R and 2011 C182T
    Quote Originally Posted by xerxesdaphat View Post
    Little/normal sized scooters rarely wave or return a wave. However Burgman/CH250 or similar riders often wave of their own accord.

I suppose because small scooters are often owned by car drivers who want a break on the fuel and parking costs, whereas owners of the big Burgmans etc. are often bikers or ride their scooter for the hell of it.
    Would have to agree here!
    Most scoots don't acknowlege other scoots. Me I wave to everyone regardless of bike they are on. Most will reply - even sports bikers. But then again my scoot looks like a "normal" bike from the front and they most probably don't realise its a sccot, wave and then they are gone before thay have realised I'm a scoot.

Everyone knows Burger drivers are cool - just ask one!

Bike
    VFR400, ZX9R, GSXR750, ZXR750, TRX850
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Fuego View Post
    Pretty sure I posted in the scooter section... asking about scooter riders... perhaps I am mistaken... no, no mistake.

I am a motorcyle rider also, just currently sans bike. Have you ridden a decent scooter recently? if not perhaps you should try one out...
    Sorry you said you wave to all bike riders, and don't get much in return. My suggestion was merely to get a bike and then you'll get acknowlegement.

I don't want to ride a scooter.

Bike
    2017 GSXR 750
    I've waved at scooters in the past, not one of them waved back so I stopped.

Bike
    2018 Ducati Monster 797
    Blog Entries
    That guy in Warlock's vid needs to talk less and concentrate more on the road IMHO!! holy!!

I'll wave to a scooter if I see it out on the open road where they are obviously not commuting.... like riding over the Rimatakas... always funny to see them up there!!

Bike
    2015 Triumph Bonneville
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Kendog View Post
    I'll wave to a scooter if I see it out on the open road where they are obviously not commuting.... like riding over the Rimatakas... always funny to see them up there!!
    Yes - I wave when on the open road or out for a bit of two-smoker screaming, but if I'm on my daily commute I'm too busy watching out for fuckwits to concentrate on etiquette
    "No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does."

Bike
    Ones that do skids
    I ride a mean old 50cc (saving for a bike, seriously, I promise) and when I'm not looking out for those good folk who choose not to indicate I'll give out a nod to other scooterists.
    That said, I'd nod to bikers if it weren't for the strange stares I'd get. My only rule is if the other scooterist in question is wearing t-shirt/shorts/jandals/soup bowl, nods will only happen in return; never initiated - I just can't bring myself to otherwise.

Ah, post virginity!

Bike
    Suzuki UZ125
    Yeah fair enough, there is enough to worry about in regard to not dieing I just thought it odd that there isn't much camraderie amongst the scoots out there in general... But yeah you are right mainly in the city rather than on the open road

As for out on the real roads... been way too long actually, might have to take the little guy for a thrash to Miranda on the weekend... ah good times... except when you get passed going through the twisties, uphill.... by a guy on a dirtbike.. haha that was pretty awesome/embarassing

Bike
    2006 BMW F800ST
    Thou shalt not start a waving thread
    In space, no one can smell your fart.

Thread Information