Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The nod. Or wave.

Bike
    2011 CB1000R
    Quote Originally Posted by gaspard View Post
    Well I have been nodding or waving to all scooters and most bigger bikes I see on my travels to and from work and around town, but have not detected even the most cursory glance... it seems most scooter riders are in a "look straight ahead ignore all else" kind of bubble... or something... nodding or waving appears pointless..

The only response so far was another bike rider on a large cruiser-type bike filtering up behind then beside me at a traffic queue who said "Well done" and then we blasted off as the light turned green.

It appears that there is little camaraderie between bikers that don't know one another... It seems I will have to join a club.
    Plenty of camaraderie between bikers unknown to each other. Most bikers waving out to other bikers don't know who they're waving to
    I usually nod to scooterists in town and wave on expressways etc. They fail to notice 99% of the time. Most are just saving gas - victims of economics as awayatc suggested.
    Keep on nodding/waving - spread the love...it will grow
    Quote Originally Posted by tigertim20 View Post
    etiquette? treat it like every other vehicle on the road, assume they are a blind, ignorant brainless cunt who is out to kill you, and ride accordingly

Bike
    Gilera 180 , ,GB400/650 ,SV650
    or on the expressways just holding on as small whells at 100kmh is alot of fun to control

Bike
    2011 CB1000R
    The expessways here are only 80 zones. If the riders are struggleing to control the small wheels at 100km/h something is wrong with the bike. Should be stable as. The frequently offered excuse for why Harley riders seldom wave due to excessive vibrations is just a myth, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by tigertim20 View Post
    etiquette? treat it like every other vehicle on the road, assume they are a blind, ignorant brainless cunt who is out to kill you, and ride accordingly

Thread Information