Thread: Bay of Plenty 250 Owners

Bike
    Suzuki Boulevard S83.2008

Thumbs up Bay of Plenty 250 Owners

"HEAR YE HEAR YE" 250 owners from Tauranga, KatiKati,Te Puke.
    I went for a ride today TGA over the Kaimai's to Putaruru, Tokaroa, Taupo for lunch and back through Rotorua Via Pye's pa road and home. Great day good ride. Would have been even better to have had some fellow riders for company. Is there any of you 250 rides out there that might be interested in a regular ride some place. Young, old, aged, and infirm all welcome. I'm talking about a cruise type ride. Anyone who want's a hell for leather ride don't bother not interested!!
    The idea is not how fast we can get there and back but that we do get there and back IN ONE PIECE WITH NO BLOOD.
    Give me some feed back and we will see what we can string together.

"May the motorcycle god's keep your tyres pumped"

"The shortest distance between any two points on a motorbike, is the long way round"

Bike
    Black Thunder
    Hiya,

PM sent... There are heaps of bikers in and around Tauranga so there is always something happening. Also, take a look at meetings and events for the Tauranga crew.

Cheers,
    M
    A dream without a plan is just a wish!

Make it happen....

....DREAM+PLAN+ACTION=GOAL/TARGET

Bike
    R1100s / SV400
    Did the Tauranga - Paeroa - Te Aroha - Kaimai - Tauranga loop myself today, just because I could.

Not on a 250 but not noted for going fast, often out with my wife somewhere near on her 250.

Was a fantastic day for a ride (but then they all are!!).
    Soccer - A Gentlemans game played by Hooligans. Rugby - A Hooligans Game played by Gentlemen.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Did the Tauranga - Paeroa - Te Aroha - Kaimai - Tauranga loop myself today, just because I could.

Not on a 250 but not noted for going fast, often out with my wife somewhere near on her 250.

Was a fantastic day for a ride (but then they all are!!).
    Hey there Highlander
    Dug out the KIWIMAPS last night when I got home and that run is the next on my hit list. I did it in my cage 12 months ago and doing it on the bike is next.
    Still looking for company ANYONE INTERESTED??????

"The shortest distance between any two points on a motorbike, is the long way round"

Bike
    R1100s / SV400
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 Free Man View Post
    Hey there Highlander
    Dug out the KIWIMAPS last night when I got home and that run is the next on my hit list. I did it in my cage 12 months ago and doing it on the bike is next.
    Still looking for company ANYONE INTERESTED??????
    When you thinking of going?
    Wife and I are talking about maybe doing it Thursday (while kids are at school).

Took 2hr 15 from home to home today 180 ish km if I recall.

Another one we do often is Pyes Pa rd to Nongotaha, turn right, go over the Mamaku's (SH5), turn right again (SH28) then home over Kaimais. Similar length of ride. Great on a nice (any) day.
    Soccer - A Gentlemans game played by Hooligans. Rugby - A Hooligans Game played by Gentlemen.

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    yeah I'm keen on a weekday ride if nothing breaks here. The chatroom is a great place to meet up before a ride, or the evening before.

DB

Bike
    2003 Tuono
    I'm Keen!!!What days? Maybe sunday?

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    I'm riding to the bucket racing in wellington on saturday. anyone else local going down ? should be a legendary ride.

DB

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    When you thinking of going?
    Wife and I are talking about maybe doing it Thursday (while kids are at school).

Took 2hr 15 from home to home today 180 ish km if I recall.

Another one we do often is Pyes Pa rd to Nongotaha, turn right, go over the Mamaku's (SH5), turn right again (SH28) then home over Kaimais. Similar length of ride. Great on a nice (any) day.
    Hey Highlander.
    As much as I would like to be riding during the week I still have to work. Damb blast and F**k it. It is the only way I can find to keep the tank filled. Would have to be the weekend for me.
    Yes I like the Pyes Pa, Mamaku, Kimai's run myself. I have an ex-sister in law (long story) in Nonogotaha (also a rider) go over just for coffee and home again.
    Another good ride is Kaimai's to Karapiro turn off right at Karapiro road to Taotaoroa-Taotaoroa road back to highway 29. You can hang a left and go back to the Kaimai's via TePoi or cross 29 onto Totoman road to 27 hang a right then left on Langlands road to Okororie then Okororie road to 28 and then back to the Kaimai's.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by BASS-TREBLE View Post
    I'm Keen!!!What days? Maybe sunday?
    Hey BASS-TREBLE
    Sunday would be good for me.

Bike
    R1100s / SV400
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 Free Man View Post
    Hey Highlander.
    As much as I would like to be riding during the week I still have to work. Damb blast and F**k it. It is the only way I can find to keep the tank filled. Would have to be the weekend for me. ....
    That is the up side of shift work, days off mid week when every one else has to work
    Down side is the number of weekends I'm either working or sleeping, mates all off for a ride and I'm sitting in the office thinking what a great day for a ride.

Thread Information