Thread: Rebore a 54mm barrel?

Bike
    62 Triumph Sidecar

Rebore a 54mm barrel?

Wondering if anyone has the time/tools/experience to do a good job on this? Putting together an engine and need this done. Need to have it honed as well, can anyone help out?

Cheers

Simon

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    just take the barrel,pistons,rings to an automotive rebuilder and get him to do the lot for ya.

DB

Bike
    Goose
    I took my A100 barrell to an Engine Reconditioners in Welly wood. I took the new over-sized piston in with me and they had itsorted in a few days. They did a beautiful job. Shame the bike still aint going though!

Good luck, ring around a few people and get quotes first though, its amazing how much the prices change with different companies!
    "Some people are like clouds, once they fuck off, it's a great day!"

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX750-H1~2 (Pre 89 F1)

Re: Barrel

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Haszard View Post
    Wondering if anyone has the time/tools/experience to do a good job on this? Putting together an engine and need this done. Need to have it honed as well, can anyone help out?

Cheers

Simon
    Gidday Simon,
    Talk to Wayne at Paramount Engineering in Silverdale, he used to do the odd bit of bike stuff for me back in the day... (He may well have retired by now...)

Failing that talk to Scott at G.E.R, he's over in Glen Eden but well worth the trip out west if Paramount can't do it... He (Scott) doe's alot of bike work, which is half the battle won with engine reconditioners - some of them don't want to know...

G.E.R

31D Cartwright Road
    Glen Eden
    Auckland

Ph: 09 818-5352

E-Mail: glendenerecond@xtra.co.nz

Cheers

To finish first - first you must finish... Oh b.t.w, which way doe's Turn 1 go & whats the lap record...

Thread Information