Page 168 of 169 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169 LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 2532

Thread: Bucket bits 4 sale

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    They need a shitload of work to make power, they're heavy and single cam with poor rocker geometry.
    The project is supercharged and it would put the cam drive on the side, where I want it.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    A pitty, the FZR would make a nice little compact head for the project. Next to a Honda 100 cylinder, supercharged CB 100 era.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220720_170956.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	771.5 KB 
ID:	351472  

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    Two questions? What would a 350 four head and cam be worth? The worst one. And do you have a picture of one?
    free, i will be near one one the weekend, did that Fzr head come from me as well?

A clever guy like you could wrangle one of those on top of a VT250 case in a couple of hours,(fzr) the rear can be your supercharger drive they are nearly wide enough std. The box is good enough for 45HP
    They need a shitload of work to make power, they're heavy and single cam with poor rocker geometry.
    Yes, even at the time they were thought of as shit. nothing much has changed since other than hats good has got better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Id certainly like to have a look at a 350 4 head, even if only it would be in keeping with the era look. And free. I have a 360 degree crank partially built already, solid from a piece of 4140, plain metal bearings. Cases?? Are you sending me a VT as well? And I have a nice super charger lined up. A spare LINK computer for fueling and ignition. Nothing was stipulated about fueling, so EFI it is. Even if I have to keep it discreet like I did with my 350 Kawasaki. E85 allowed and nitro if I want. Like I said, this class was made for me, only they dont know that yet. Hahaha, all it has to do is paste roughly hotted up TF 125's, and make a lot of noise doing it. What about a cylinder bank? They dont know the can of worms they have opened.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Id certainly like to have a look at a 350 4 head, even if only it would be in keeping with the era look. And free. I have a 360 degree crank partially built already, solid from a piece of 4140, plain metal bearings. Cases?? Are you sending me a VT as well? And I have a nice super charger lined up. A spare LINK computer for fueling and ignition. Nothing was stipulated about fueling, so EFI it is. Even if I have to keep it discreet like I did with my 350 Kawasaki. E85 allowed and nitro if I want. Like I said, this class was made for me, only they dont know that yet. Hahaha, all it has to do is paste roughly hotted up TF 125's, and make a lot of noise. What about a cylinder bank?

How "tuneable" is the Link computer? I have been messing about with Speeduino (open source / Arduino) with a view to putting it on the KLR, and if I can get that working ok, the GS1100G as well. It uses Tuner Studio to set the parameters.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Exercycle
    The FZR head has fins on it. Mated to a finned barrel and using oil as the coolant for the head I reckon you'd get away with it.
    The GSXR Suzukis were accepted as air-cooled in speedway as nearly everything else used an oil cooler too.

Nothing in the rules about oil coolers or cooling ?

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    The FZR head has fins on it. Mated to a finned barrel and using oil as the coolant for the head I reckon you'd get away with it.
    The GSXR Suzukis were accepted as air-cooled in speedway as nearly everything else used an oil cooler too.

Nothing in the rules about oil coolers or cooling ?
    Or I could take rubber molds out of this head and recast with fins. Or even cast solid bits and machine the fins in.
    I dont know??

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Stop looking, I have a donor engine, thankyou.

Bike
    husaberg
    Stop looking, I have a donor engine, thankyou.
    Whata got Neil
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Im too ashamed to say.....

Bike
    husaberg
    Im too ashamed to say.....
    I would have thought a guy that used weedeater pistons in a race bike would have no shame.
    A Chinese 125 twin?

I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Or worse. A *onda. And a fecking foul stroke at that.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    I would have thought a guy that used weedeater pistons in a race bike would have no shame.
    A Chinese 125 twin?

That, I certainly would be ashamed....

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Ive got an XS 250 lined up. Never seen one but its cheap enough. Pressure fed mains, kick start, six speed, heavy clutch.
    I need to make a new small crankshaft, new hollow camshaft with the drive on the LH side of the engine, toothed pully. Rip every part off not needed including the electric start if it has one. Flywheel and stator replaced with something more suitable, perhaps a YZF MX one.
    Every effort to cut its weight.
    Calculations indicate potential of 40HP, so it really does have to be a bigger engine, scaled down.
    If we dont make 40HP, we start blending nitro, until it does. All perfectly leagal, apparently.

Bike
    husaberg
    Ive got an XS 250 lined up. Never seen one but its cheap enough. Pressure fed mains, kick start, six speed, heavy clutch.
    I need to make a new small crankshaft, new hollow camshaft with the drive on the LH side of the engine, toothed pully. Rip every part off not needed including the electric start if it has one. Flywheel and stator replaced with something more suitable, perhaps a YZF MX one.
    Every effort to cut its weight.
    Calculations indicate potential of 40HP, so it really does have to be a bigger engine, scaled down.
    If we dont make 40HP, we start blending nitro, until it does. All perfectly leagal, apparently.
    Okay std they are points on side of cam like a xr200 you could just subsitute a xr200 inductor and pulse coil.
    they should be robust as i think they were more a shrunk xs360-400 than a over bored 125.
    there was late one that was DOHC
    looks like the ratios are very dirtbike like
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xs250 spec.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	351485
    I reminder distinctly .

Thread Information