Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Ear piercings vs helmet?

Bike
    2008 BUELL 1125R
    Hay all i'm balzy buells other half and i've never had a problem, i have 8 in one ear and 5 in the other, I have a spike ring in my eyebrow, a stud in my nose and the middle of my bottom lip done, never caught any, Mind you when i put on and take off my helmet i do pull the chin straps out to the sides as far as i can, maybe try doing that slowly

Bike
    zx636r, ktm690sm, rmz450 tard, rmz250
    Yeah my studs get caught all the time, there's even holes in the front if my helmet from my chin spike too lol
    Man you girls wanna try riding with 'below belt' piercings... brings the odd tear to the eye :P rofl

Bike
    85, SR250
    I've got belly bars in my ears, and they get caught all the time, but all I do is put the helmit back on then try taking it off again, or if I'm wearing a neck warmer I just pull it up over my piercings so that when I take it off they don't get caught.
    And as my dad say's, "I will bring my shotgun to Cold Kiwi if I have to"

peace out

Bike
    05 R6 "Blade Breaker"
    small bit of insulation tape works too. Raceday remedy
    Te librará de la mujer ajena, de la extraña que halaga con sus palabras

When you turn your bike on - does it return the favour?

Mine does

Bike
    2005 Ducati Monster 900
    I have ten holes in ears but have sleepers in all and no problems with getting caught except once i just find taking helmet off slowly works also maybe chech your helmet is not too small just a suggestion

Bike
    GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothesque View Post
    I have a fair few piercings in my ears (12), some of which are a bit tender. I find they get ripped up a bit when I put on/take off my helmet.
    Does anyone else have this problem, and how have you solved it? Taking them out is not an option lol.
    Definitely go the the snuggle or balaclava option. I've just got the two and wear sleepers that get pulled out too if I don't have my snuggly on
    Burn the rubber not your soul baby!

Bike
    SV1000S K3, XB dream on hold ...
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothesque View Post
    I have a fair few piercings in my ears (12), some of which are a bit tender. I find they get ripped up a bit when I put on/take off my helmet.
    Does anyone else have this problem, and how have you solved it? Taking them out is not an option lol.
    Mine get hooked too sometimes - have noticed it happens more often than not when I try and take my helmet off on an angle. Have also found having thread or huggy earings don't snag but with 12 holes, I can only think that it might be cheaper to use ring earings ? Cheers

Bike
    2004 suzuki sv650

Smile

Dont have too many , but balaclave sounds like best way i guess

Bike
    SV1000S K3, XB dream on hold ...
    Blog Entries
    I surpose the other advantage of using a scarf or similar would also be keeping your helmet cleaner ie; less washes?
    But then I am feeling way too domesticated today and am probably talking out my .........

Bike
    1986 Honda GB 400F
    I only have four but the first time I took off my helmet it tugged on my earlobes quite nicely. I sort of ignore correct procedure for pulling of a helmet and slide it up and back, it works for me.

Bike
    SPEED TRIPLE
    I know, holy farking thread dredge, but...

Just in case anyone else has recently got some fresh and "tender" ear piercings, and knows a balaclava-scarf-cloth-thingie isn't going to do diddlie farking squat about the actual pain that will be caused when you get your helmet on or off, I found these wee morsels that I am hoping will work a treat. They are ear protectors, used in hair salons.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	42179.9930479398.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	9.8 KB 
ID:	317037
    No body move... I dropped my brain

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    I used to use press studs instead of butterflies, shave my head and duct tape my lobes to my head.

I also grab the the helmet straps when I'm putting my helmet on or taking it off and and pull them away from my head to slightly enlarge the opening. It used to help. Haven't worn anything in my ears in years though.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by Stirts View Post
    I know, holy farking thread dredge, but...

Just in case anyone else has recently got some fresh and "tender" ear piercings, and knows a balaclava-scarf-cloth-thingie isn't going to do diddlie farking squat about the actual pain that will be caused when you get your helmet on or off, I found these wee morsels that I am hoping will work a treat. They are ear protectors, used in hair salons.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	42179.9930479398.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	9.8 KB 
ID:	317037
    how do they attach to your underpants?

Bike
    bandit
    I have four holes in my left ear - I just wear sleepers now - I sometimes wear the occassional drop earing, but never when I'm riding. Even then I lose sleepers ..
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    Still looking
    I have eyebrow bars in my ears. Kinda like miniature belly bars. I hate butterflies because they always get caught on things and tangled in my hair so I tried these when I gave up on having my eyebrow done. They have yet to get snagged on anything

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Thread Information