Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling all Burgman owners

Bike
    2004 Suzuki Burgman An400

Calling all Burgman owners

I have been a Burgman owner for over 3 years ( an400 ) and have always had the feeling I don't "belong" within the established riding clubs. We don't belong to the "true" motorcycle fraternity and are avoided by the scooter (Vespa) enthusiasts.
    Too big for one, too whoosey by the other.
    Do you "suffer" with the same complex !, well you are not alone. I am interested in forming a big bore scooter group within the Auckland/ upper nth.Is. area to include any make of scooter, 250 and above that is capable of travelling reasonable distances at a reasonable speed.
    There are scooter clubs and m/c clubs but nothing in between. If you feel this could be of interest to you or your "scene" , add your comment and name below and we will see what interest it generates. johnD

Bike
    2010 vfr 1200f
    well bout time for this one im in.david w.

Bike
    2020 BMW R1250R and 2011 C182T

Me too

Hi John
    Yes we seem to fall in to a void in between the two groups. Glad to hear that you are getting the ball rolling.

Keep us posted!

Cheers

Mark

Bike
    Sold
    I don't own a Burgman but I sure as hell rate them as equal to any motorcycle, or anything else on two wheels.

I have been contemplating a 650 Burgman as a possible steed in the future, mainly because of their user friendliness and our advancing age!

Getting on and off tall heavy bikes coupled with increasing Arthritic pain means we have to plan ahead for options or stop riding completely.

I test rode a 650 a while back and was really impressed by it.

There is an interesting GP 800cc V twin Gilera super scooter mentioned in BRM this month, and that has caught my attention as well.

I see Triumph NZ is bringing two of them in to the country for evaluation, ooh I would love that job. So very very me!

I worry a little that if anything should happen to me, my wife can not ride the tall bikes home with me on the back, whereas the scooter style would allow us to return to sharing the riding duties again.

We ride a lot on gravel too so I would like to hear any of your experiences/opinions on how your Burgers handle gravel roads etc.

All of you must have at least had to ride your bikes on road works etc sometime, somewhere!

Ride tall and feel proud of your bike no matter what other dumb-arses say, it's just so much better than first class walking. Cheers John.

Bike
    2010 vfr 1200f
    there not to bad on gravel as long as it"s the hard packed stuff but if it's the real deep stuff watch out it can cause problems other than that find a dealer that will let you borrow one for quite a while and have fun.

Bike
    2007 Suzuki Burgman 400
    Interested in a "club"

Perhaps we could meet first in Hamilton, there is a "watering hole, food place" that the Hamilton KBers use for local meetings. Good parking for bikes and good food. Central for the Tauranga Burgman owner.

I have been a member of the Ulysses club for near 20 years, member 192, they dont care what set of two wheels you ride. I created alot of interest and recieved many positive comments when I turned up at a meet on my Burgman. One of their organising members used to go on runs etc on a 200cc Vespa. She has a bigger machine now.

Bike
    2018 GSXS1000
    Blog Entries
    well, i have ridden the 250 and 650

they are boring to ride, and gay

unless your old

then they would be excelent!

Bike
    2010 vfr 1200f
    carver young son us older riders are not so young anymore been there done that and survived it all .now being older and wiser like to ride at a pace that dosent mean warp speed everywhere, these burgmans suit us lot to a tee .you wait and see when you get to our age if your lucky and find out you cant ride like you used to these bikes will make sense ,if i had a lot of money i"d have a 400 as well .when this ride going to happen?.

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by carver View Post
    well, i have ridden the 250 and 650

they are boring to ride, and gay

unless your old

then they would be excelent!
    That's probably it in a nutshell carver, they are extremely user friendly and easy to ride, just what we need to keep us on the road these days!

I didn't get any gay inspiration though, you must be a bit different to me.

I don't handle rejection well either, kind-of hey, whats wrong with me? syndrome!

However, I did find it used a "lot of gas"...!

But in defense of the 650cc Burger and if you have ridden one as you say, you will know.

Mainly hard on gas because I was like an out of control teenager, racing everything I could away from lights and burning cars off on the motorway etc.

They can really move it away from a standing start, most fun I have had in a long time. (lol) Cheers John.

Bike
    2018 GSXS1000
    Blog Entries
    yeah, i agree with both of you, a super scooter dont do it for a 23 y/o red blooded male!

Bike
    '69 Lambretta & SR400
    Quote Originally Posted by johnD View Post
    capable of travelling reasonable distances at a reasonable speed.
    ...and stopping all the time to take photos and sight-see and such?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lobster View Post
    Only a homo puts an engine back together WITHOUT making it go faster.

Bike
    06 Suzuki Burgman
    hello =)

i'd really be interested in forming a club.

but ive only been riding for just under two years so i dont really know what happens in these kinda clubs.

would be awesome if you could keep me posted.

thank you

Bike
    Carver, at 23 you have a long way to go before you reach maturity of the average Burgman owner, those gay old farts, who have been around well before you were thought of. We've been there done.. Make contact in 10 years from now. It could be interesting. johnD

Bike
    2010 vfr 1200f
    johnD couldn't have said it better myself, only one thing you think carver and the other smart arse young ones will be around long enough to find out what us older and wiser ones allready know, that these burgers are the best thing that hasn"'t been discovered by a lot of people.

Bike
    DougB... What is a "good" meeting place in Hamilton. ie. easy to find from both north and south routes, close to food and fuel and some form of cover if the weather is dodgy.. johnD

Thread Information