Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ride this Friday 23rd May, who's keen?

Bike
    VFR400, ZX9R, GSXR750, ZXR750, TRX850

Ride this Friday 23rd May, who's keen?

Well Shingo and I are planning to go for a blat on Friday probably heading SH16 way and see what happens. Timewise we will be looking at about 10am or 11am kinda thing, not too fussed, and will be heading back to Uni in time for the chiller of course. Banzai has raised an interest in joining us so we thought we may aswell extend this ride too all who want to come.

If you haven't been on a ride before, this is the kind that has no pressure whatsoever! Ride at your own pace and in your own time. If there are a few more L-platers it would be great, it's all about learning, and Banzai needs a crew! Also hope that some more experienced guys are keen to join us too, we are thinking of alternating between leading the learner paced riders while the rest can go on ahead. So everyone who wants to can have a blast up front, and also use their experience to ride a bit slower and show the others those brilliant lines you take.

Completely relaxed atmosphere, most of the organisation happens on the day when we know exactly who will be with us etc.

Just shout out in here or PM me if you're keen or have any questions.

Once again - Ride is welcoming ALL riders, if you're just getting into it then it's all about time on the road and learning AT YOUR OWN PACE.

Oh but a P.S. - Must be at least comfortable on the motorway at the right speed, if not comfortable at 100kph on the open road.

Cool

EDIT : Time has been moved more towards midday to allow some to make it! Leaving uni for Shell Westgate at 12:15 sounds good to me.

Update : So far it's me, Shingo, Rie, Chrislost, Toto, Glice... Sorry if I've left anyone out? If you are coming on this ride or have changed your mind please post up your thoughts so we know exactly and don't leave people behind.

For those who don't know : Meet at Uni 12:15pm in underground carpark, head to Westgate shell, leave Westgate at 1pm, ride around on our scooters heading up towards Wellsford, maybe stop for lunch, but we can just talk on the day and what happens happens! Pm me for my mobile number if you'd like.

There is a big variety of skill level coming along, so don't be afraid to put your hand up and say you would love so much to come and will give me an icecream with a cherry on top, because there will be other riders at your skill level

Bike
    gixxer 600 aka "little rie"
    sounds excellent. i have class until 11 and need to put laptop away at home. any chance we could meet at 11:30?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by rie View Post
    sounds excellent. i have class until 11 and need to put laptop away at home. any chance we could meet at 11:30?
    Awesome, yeah I'm sure 11:30 would be fine. Oh by the way, I'll be meeting people at Uni somewhere then we can head out and meet any others at Shell Westgate, where we can fuel up and then head off.

The more the merrier

Bike
    Phurball's Mountain Bike and CB900
    anyone got a bike i could borrow??? my bike's under strict quarantine at the mo by my mum...im keen for a blat so if anyone's got a bike i could borrow, size is not an issue for me i just want to go!!!
    "Rock is dead" - Jim Morrison

Keep your eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel

Bike
    MC19
    Quote Originally Posted by rie View Post
    11:30 suits me too, means i get to sleep in.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by bomma View Post
    anyone got a bike i could borrow??? my bike's under strict quarantine at the mo by my mum...im keen for a blat so if anyone's got a bike i could borrow, size is not an issue for me i just want to go!!!
    Haha steal the DR or GN! Now THAT would be funny. You had the bike just this friday didn't you, lol what have you done since then to be a bad boy??

Bike
    flippy
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingrob View Post
    show the others those brilliant lines you take.

AT YOUR OWN PACE.

Oh but a P.S. - Must be at least comfortable on the motorway at the right speed, if not comfortable at 100kph on the open road.

Cool
    I am very nevous about traveling at the right speed on the motorway.

i would however, like to come along providing it is not a problem that i am nervous at motorway speeds

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrislost View Post
    I am very nevous about traveling at the right speed on the motorway.

i would however, like to come along providing it is not a problem that i am nervous at motorway speeds
    Haha yeah that slow speed stuff is nerve-racking huh?! For sure man. Oh by the way I went on a ride with a dude who knew you on Sat, his name is Mike and rides an R6, ya know him? Hey I'll give him a text see if he's free on Friday too.

Bike
    flippy
    Blog Entries
    ahh wouldnt be a loud(err realllly loud) R6 would it...

the more the merrier!

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrislost View Post
    ahh wouldnt be a loud(err realllly loud) R6 would it...

the more the merrier!
    Yep hear it from a mile away! I'll see if he's keen.

Bike
    Kawasaki Ninja 650
    Grrr... too bad im working, will most likely be headed out that way this weekend if the weather is nice
    Weather Genie says "Go to the beach!" "Sunburn for everybody! Yay!" TM
    My STOLEN bike http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ad.php?t=58374

Bike
    MC19
    I now have to attend my lecture at 11 as there are marks in it for me.

Earliest i can leave now is 12, so another alteration to the plans is in order.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by shingo View Post
    I now have to attend my lecture at 11 as there are marks in it for me.

Earliest i can leave now is 12, so another alteration to the plans is in order.
    Main post updated. Plan to leave Uni at 12:15. All good?

Bike
    MC19
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingrob View Post
    Main post updated. Plan to leave Uni at 12:15. All good?
    Will be able to make that no worries.

Bike
    Honda VFR400 NC30.
    if i can skip work........ ill be keen to tie my push bike onto someones bike?

actually its more like
    " yah trick yah "

Thread Information