Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Wanganui Races - Pics and stories

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    It was a great day out and as I said before it wasn't warm enough to be stripping down to my KB shirt but I did catch up with Slim but never had much of a chance to talk over the noise of the bikes (and er Lynda), saw Lynda (of course), Hamish, Quasi, et-al and Gunner and spotted Kickaha at a distance, other than that and all the Ulysses people I saw (sat in their truck for a while) where were you all?
    Cheers

Merv

61 looks like the one armed motarder,he has a 17 on the front now I see...at Paeroa he had a 21.

Bike
    Walking
    here you go SVS. Not a great action shot, but proves you where there.

2x Mitch

Some guy pullin it up. (Yawn)

Sherriffs seemed to be rubbin yellow paint on those hay bales all day!
    GO that man!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim2
    Have you got a hi res version of that? Lovely shot!
    No, sorry it's not clear. And I can't load the vid of it onto my computer to show you it in real time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SVS.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	5886   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mitch1.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	5887   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mitch2.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	5888   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	69 wheele.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	5889   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shirriffs lane.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	5890   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	endo1.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	5891  

Bike
    2008 DRZ400E & 1983 CB152T
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu
    61 looks like the one armed motarder,he has a 17 on the front now I see...at Paeroa he had a 21.
    Yeah he is from chch i think. Seen him at levels and ruapuna every time i've been out there when racing was on. He seems to do pretty considering, don't think i could ride with only 1 arm very affectively.

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Racey Rider

Sherriffs seemed to be rubbin yellow paint on those hay bales all day!
    GO that man!
    Remember the good ol' days when Bruce used to hit that same spot, lap after lap, in the gutter, one wheel, crossed up and right up it on his TZ.

Got me into road racing, that man. :confused2
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    Saw craig shirrifs riding down the gutter next to that white wooden fence just after coming out of the left hander onto the front straight on one lap. Gave him a few wobbles, don't think he rode down there again for that race.

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Quote Originally Posted by k14
    Saw craig sherrifs (sp?)
    Yeah its Shirrifs.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    Registered. For now...
    Quote Originally Posted by merv
    Don't hear much about Rod's brother Bob these days what happened to him?
    Lives in Tauranga and is trotting out Mrs What?'s mum.
    ACC - It's where the Enron accountants all went.

Bike
    Registered. For now...
    Quote Originally Posted by merv
    OK here's the flashback - Gracefield December 1983, Hiscock (H) on the Plastic Fantastic and Holden (4) on the Aluminium one I thought. Now that doesn't look the same as the one at Wanganui yesterday - different fairings. Have I got my bikes mixed up?
    Same bike, just looks different at that angle & distance. Note behind Hiscock is Robbie Phillis with Stu Avant running fourth.

Bike
    Registered. For now...
    Maybe the original screen was a bit taller?

Bike
    RSVR-BICILINDRICO
    Hey Merv .
    I think you'll find the Tigcraft bike No 12 is powered by a worked CRF450 motor that only last a day's racing so that's why it was starting to smoke by the end of the day , Still went like shit against Terry's Fit's SV650 from NP . Watched Craig Flood's crash looked like a frontend wash out from our spot great fire thou ,Bummer that his bike got abit fryed . Have posted one of your Pic's of him & the bike before it started running alitle hot LOL Will give him shit on Wednsday when his shop open's Excellent Shot's may have to grab a copy of them at some stage if that's kool
    SENSEI

SENSEI PERFORMANCE TUNING

" QUICKER THAN YOU SLOWER THAN ME "

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    2 more Mitch and Fitzs SV650. Wish they sold them more like this!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mitch.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	263.6 KB 
ID:	5896   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SV650  hah.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	166.3 KB 
ID:	5897  
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei 509
    Hey Merv .
    I think you'll find the Tigcraft bike No 12 is powered by a worked CRF450 motor that only last a day's racing so that's why it was starting to smoke by the end of the day , Still went like shit against Terry's Fit's SV650 from NP . Watched Craig Flood's crash looked like a frontend wash out from our spot great fire thou ,Bummer that his bike got abit fryed . Have posted one of your Pic's of him & the bike before it started running alitle hot LOL Will give him shit on Wednsday when his shop open's Excellent Shot's may have to grab a copy of them at some stage if that's kool
    SENSEI
    Sensei, I'm pretty sure Jasons Tigcraft uses a 450 Yamaha motor. Could be wrong but I'm not often......
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    Was that in a rs125 frame? Looked like a rs but definately didn't sound like one, looks pretty cool though.

Bike
    A Krappisaki Tractor
    Went there from napier to meet up with a few people, took my father and brother (over from japan) - Dads now an enthusiast for street racing which is pretty good, perhaps i'll make a london courier out of him yet - st racing with cars

I saw the two worst bits of marshalling ever which was a pretty big negative for me - but spent most of the day chattin to some of the chaps anyhow and most were ok.

Reason was I was at the corner with the first bears crash, saw the two riders elbowing each other down the straight and knew they wernt going round the corner. Silly mashall had a yeallow out and I had to shout at him to pull the red, people were just standing and looking that the munted rider and eventually the medic had to run out in front of the bikes to attend, nother few mins before the ambo turned up.

Was at the next corner for the F3 crash where the young chap lost his lid hitting the bales at the esses (looked like an MX lid - thought those werent allowed in road races - but then dont know the rules here). Then the 2nd chap connected with him and munted him self. Injured rider and bike and debris all over the racing line and the silly buggers wave yellows. After a min the chap managed to roll over and judging by the angle his arm was twisted under his back - it will be sore. Someone gave the marshall a red flag, but the begger just gave it back. Dont know what the regs are here but I would say that marshall put the fallen rider well and truly in danger.

Other than that the day was great - loved the sidecars - especially the old red triumph which I think was the crowd favourite. Motards were pretty neat - I suspect when they start mixing it up on the proper motard tracks that it will be the next kiwi craze The bears and classics as well - saw a great BSA which was good. 600s looked like they were in general just messing round (except for a couple of leading chaps) and I didnt bother with the supers as not my cup of tea.

Will have to go back next year I think as was a great time.
    The contents of this post are my opinion and may not be subjected to any form of reality
    It means I'm not an authority or a teacher, and may not have any experience so take things with a pinch of salt (a.k.a bullshit) rather than fact

Thread Information