Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Accidents - IMPORTANT change to the Site

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Have to take some things on faith mate. At a time like that it quickly becomes obvious who the really close ones are. Generally everyone kinda steps back and acknowledges that certain people should be doing certain things including letting everyone know. I can't remember a fatal accident where someone didn't let the Moderators know who would be doing the communicating.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    2020 ls650 boulevard
    great idea... i have discussed things briefly with susan, but will be sitting down for a more intensive chat tonight i think. she sometimes reads kb over my shoulder, but thats it. i might encourage her to sign up for her own account.

thanks MT, and everyone else who helped with this.
    my blog: http://sunsthomasandfriends.weebly.com/index.html

the really happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery when on a detour.

Bike
    2007 CB900
    Grub and I sat down and had a chat ... he thought things one way and me another. Once we both had our say we decided and agreed how things should be handled ... its good to be able to discuss this prior to anything happening

Yup, Have had the conversation as well. Kick and I went for different options, fair enough!

Its an important thing and a great move for KB, it takes the decision away from the Moderators on how things are dealt with, and puts it in the hands of the people involved directly.

Very cool!

Bike
    2005 FZS1000 "Tasha"
    this is very well done
    thank you
    ... ...

Grass wedges its way between the closest blocks of marble and it brings them down. This power of feeble life which can creep in anywhere is greater than that of the mighty behind their cannons....... - Honore de Balzac

Bike
    None, sold.
    Hey,

Discussed it with her indoors - she voted for "family to make announcement, separate discussion thread" for both flavours. It was taken seriously and the effort you put in was appreciated. Good job, man!

Dave
    Signature needed. Apply within.

Bike
    Honda Pan European ST1100
    Blog Entries
    One of the great things about KB is discovering inteligent caring people here.
    Congratulations and thankyou to all involved.
    Atheism and Religion are but two sides of the same coin.
    One prefers to use its head, while the other relies on tales.

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    Just one wee request, can we have an option for a nominated person/people to announce an incident? Some have quite a few friends so it may become a little unclear who should do it. Emotions can stop people thinking clearly in these situations.
    How about an option for it to be someone off your emergency contacts?(keep it fairly simple)
    Otherwise this is a good positive step in the right direction
    Drew for Prime Minister!

www.oldskoolperformance.com

www.prospeedmc.com for parts ex U.S.A ( He's a Kiwi! )

Bike
    2020 ls650 boulevard
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATH_INC. View Post
    Just one wee request, can we have an option for a nominated person/people to announce an incident? Some have quite a few friends so it may become a little unclear who should do it. Emotions can stop people thinking clearly in these situations.
    How about an option for it to be someone off your emergency contacts?(keep it fairly simple)
    thats a good point. there are several members i consider very close friends, and i can see where it may get confusing.
    my blog: http://sunsthomasandfriends.weebly.com/index.html

the really happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery when on a detour.

Quote Originally Posted by DEATH_INC. View Post
    Yup!

I let my partner know that only him, Sue or Jimmy can do it.

So if Admin cant change the setting, maybe communicate to your loved ones who should be doing the "announcement"?

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    For now I suggest using the Emergency Contact Number field. You can fit about 5 names and numbers in there.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    bike decoration, 02 1150Gs, 2015 Indian
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasievil View Post
    KB members know how to use their phones and they are able to sought it out themselves if they are desperate enough to find out.
    I just dont agree that KB members need any options on how to handle it, I think this is OTT, I think that this is not the business that KB should be involving itself with.

if you read post 18 you will see why i disagree with this part of your post as there are a heap of guys/gals who know me on here but not my wife or family therefor if there is a proses that we go through on here its not likely to turn to

cheers K
    Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. (John 15:13)

Bike
    1995 Suzuki Volty (TU250)
    Blog Entries
    Excellent scheme. My partner and I are both members here so we will talk about it and make our decisions. He doesn't come in very often, so it might be weeks or months before he saw any thread about me. Seeing some of the 'Biker Down' threads in here, I think it would be terrible for him to stumble across all kinds of unpleasant speculation.

Thanks again for the options.
    There is no such thing as bad weather; only inappropriate clothing!

Thread Information