Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Woman burned at Brass Monkey

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by ajturbo View Post
    now THAT is FUNNY!
    What i found funny was how the fuck he managed to fuck 2 cars a garage and a vacumn cleaner and still walk away.

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    Karla, yeah its great being around folks who get the difference.

Sounds like I should get along to more of these events.

DB
    "I am a licenced motorcycle instructor, I agree with dangerousbastard, no point in repeating what he said."
    "read what Steve says. He's right."
    "What Steve said pretty much summed it up."
    "I did axactly as you said and it worked...!!"
    "Wow, Great advise there DB."
    WTB: Hyosung bikes or going or not.

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    Quote Originally Posted by 98tls View Post
    What i found funny was how the fuck he managed to fuck 2 cars a garage and a vacumn cleaner and still walk away.
    daaaaamn, pity you werent there with the camera ready ay. That would get millions of hits on youtube, and much respect as well. lol.

DB
    "I am a licenced motorcycle instructor, I agree with dangerousbastard, no point in repeating what he said."

Bike
    2017 Suzuki Dl1000
    OK, I wasn't there, so I'm not going to lay blame based on a newspaper report.

I would ask though: How many people here have been to Brass Monkey, and not used accelerant to get a fire going in the drums provided?
    Or, if you haven't personally used accellerant, have you ever tried to prevent anyone else using it at the drum you are standing closest to?

Those who are regular attendees will understand, and I see most of those who are for hanging the guy responsible have never been to a Brass.
    Time to ride

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    Those who are regular attendees will understand, and I see most of those who are for hanging the guy responsible have never been to a Brass.
    Understand that you can throw accellerant on a fire with some lady standing right next to it ?

What am I not getting ? If that was my wife, pregnant or not, there would have been a serious violent incident afterwards, and I don't mean the burning.

DB

Bike
    2017 Suzuki Dl1000
    Quote Originally Posted by DangerousBastard View Post
    Understand that you can throw accellerant on a fire with some lady standing right next to it ?

What am I not getting ? If that was my wife, pregnant or not, there would have been a serious violent incident afterwards, and I don't mean the burning.

DB
    And that comment shows the very reason that I will not lay blame based on a newspaper report. Was the fire even showing any sign of life when the accelerant was added? Was it the woman's own husband who did it?

So much we just don't know, yet the police are sufficiently satisfied that no charges are to be laid.
    Time to ride

Bike
    Loud and hoony
    Quote Originally Posted by hurricane_r View Post
    whats brass monkey?
    A brass monkey is a stand for stacking old-school round cannon-balls on. [nerd-mode]Brass has a different coefficient of thermal expansion than the cast iron the cannon-balls were made from...[/nerd-mode] So, if it got really cold the cannon-balls would fall off the stand - and thus the saying 'cold enough to freeze the balls of a brass monkey'.

Incidentally the name has been applied to a mid-winter motorcycle rally in Central Otago...

Quote Originally Posted by karla View Post
    Anyone would think that the person who tried to turn up the heat meant to do this lady harm by intention!
    While I agree with you Karla - especially in that it's not for a bunch of forum members to dispense 'justice' - mixing alcohol and pyrotechnics is incredibly stupid (Unless you're a pro of course ). Especially in a camp full of tents made from nylon...
    No-one wins in these situations - and I'd expect, and hope, that the guy who threw the petrol is in a sad state (not physically mind you).

I hope the lady is going to be alright - if she 'only' got 2nd degree burns she shouldn't get scaring.
    It is preferential to refrain from the utilisation of grandiose verbiage in the circumstance that your intellectualisation can be expressed using comparatively simplistic lexicological entities. (...such as the word fuck.)

Remember your humanity, and forget the rest. - Joseph Rotblat

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikkel View Post
    A brass monkey is a stand for stacking old-school round cannon-balls on. [nerd-mode]Brass has a different coefficient of thermal expansion than the cast iron the cannon-balls were made from...[/nerd-mode] So, if it got really cold the cannon-balls would fall off the stand - and thus the saying 'cold enough to freeze the balls of a brass monkey'.
    Wikipedia disagrees with your etymology, as does Snopes.
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    Bikes!
    I tend to agree with Karla.

However, if they are going to go after the guy who did it legally, that's fine, but they should look into charging the Brass Monkey organisers as well. If it turns out he had been drinking to excess, then it leans on their legal obligation as hosts to ensure that he's drinking responsible. If they can't do that, then the event should be canned.

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    Quote Originally Posted by imdying View Post
    If it turns out he had been drinking to excess, then it leans on their legal obligation as hosts to ensure that he's drinking responsible. If they can't do that, then the event should be canned.
    It is a shame though, because there is are less and less places and events where we can do a good old-fashioned kick-up-some-dust and have a real good hooly. The reason ? Some twat has GOT to do something daft that puts someone else at risk, and what does the gubmint do about it ? They fucking make a NEW RULE!! Like we need that...

DB

Bike
    Sold
    All this talk about the "guy" who did it, even with no charges laid, no further enquiries, etc etc.

Maybe the poor lady did it herself accidentally and suffered the consequences of her own actions!

Whatever, I hope her injuries heal quickly and without scarring.

If it was another persons fault, I hope they get their just deserts, soon!

The Brass Monkey is a well run and enjoyable event, long may it prosper. John.

Bike
    my little pony
    Some people are just dumb, with or without alcohol, the BM is could be ruined by dumbarses, it could end up like the Cold Kiwi where alcohol was not to be taken from the roped compound, and could only be purchased from the club. Not to say whether alcohol was the problem in this instance, but dumbarses are very hard to control, other than an IQ test at the entrance gate.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldrider View Post
    other than an IQ test at the entrance gate.
    I get it. You can't get in unless you fail the test?
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    CBR1000RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldrider View Post
    .... dumbarses are very hard to control, other than an IQ test at the entrance gate.
    You talking about the Brass Monkey or Parliament now...?
    $2,000 cash if you find a buyer for my house, kumeuhouseforsale@straightshooters.co.nz for details

Bike
    my little pony
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch008 View Post
    I get it. You can't get in unless you fail the test?
    Yeah, you are probably right, even highly intelligent people do stupid things.

Thread Information