Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Doing the runner

Bike
    1997 bandit 1200s
    Do yourself and my family a favour and go racing on track

Bike

Blah

Quote Originally Posted by R1AaronKDX
    Now im new to KB and dont know if this has come up b4 but....in the interest of public safty how fast do you have to go b4 the coppers call it off???
    I see the fishing is good today. Your trolling efforts have worked a treat.

Bike
    RSVR-BICILINDRICO
    " BUDDHA BLESS YOU " R1Aarron RIP
    SENSEI :sly:

SENSEI PERFORMANCE TUNING

" QUICKER THAN YOU SLOWER THAN ME "

Bike
    SUZUKI TR50 STREET MAGIC
    [QUOTE=manuboy]Seriously Aaron man. What would be the point? It isn't about whether you're fast. Anybody in Production Superbikes could kick your ass any time, any place.

But (and i might be wrong) i bet none of those boys have ever thought in the way you do, or really ever posed a serious threat to other road users.

So what's it about? Adrenaline? If that's it, then it comes down to the fact that you need to find a way to get your buzz without risking anybody else. Seriously. I know one of your mates got cleaned up by a vehicle recently. So why do you still seem so bulletproof? And how are you gonna feel if you take somebody out with you (assuming you don't end up meat)?

I enjoy the odd 9/10ths riding session. But as has been said here oft enough, it's time and place. And i'd pull the pin asap if i thought i was hanging out more than just my own life to dry...[/QUO TE]
    YES ANYONE IN PRODUCTION SUPER BIKE WOULD BEAT HIM , BUT I KNOW A FEW OF THESE TOP LEVEL GUYS AND SOME OF THEM RIDE ON THE ROAD FAST AND THEY DO RUNNERS.
    AARON YOU SHOULD TRY TO FIND WHO ALL YOUR REAL FRIENDS ARE SO IF YOU NEED TO STOP AT THEIR PLACE TO HIDE YOUR BIKE AND YOUR SELF YOU CAN. I ALWAYS LET MY FRIENDS STOP AT MY PLACE IF THEY DO A RUNNER.I HAVE AN AUNTIE WHO WILL ALWAYS LET ME USE HER GARAGE IN A SITUATION WHICH IS HANDY AS SHE LIVES NEAR WHERE I RIDE.GOOD TO SEE YOU DO RUNNERS I DONT SEE THE POINT IN STOPPING ANYMORE THE PIGS SHOULD JUST STOP AT A CERTAIN POINT, LIKE THAT GUY ON THE TRIUMPH NORTH OF AUCK THE PIGS WERE TOLD TO STOP AND THEY DIDNT AND 2 PEOPLE LOST THEIR LIFE AS A RESULT IF THE POLICE STOPPED THE GUY ON THE BIKE WOULD HAVE SLOWED DOWN HE WAS PUSHED INTO A CRASH BY THE PIGS THE PURSUING COP WAS DOING 200K WITH FADING BRAKES AND ONE HAND ON HIS RT THE COP SHOULD HAVE BEEN PUT IN PRISON

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Aaron, you do enjoy a good wind-up don't you?? BTW, I've got the barrel back for your nifty 50, this time please don't try to do a rebore with a drill and sanding disc.

Bike
    Im trying to buy one :)
    come on dude I no im only new aswell, so hi evry1.
    But cops are there for a reason if you pull ova and just take
    the ticket or the night in the cell you get to walk away alive if you act
    like a dick and run when the cops do catch up u'll b dead or som1 else will.
    Open your damn eyes man its not cool and stop watchin boy racer movies it shows way to much!!!

Bike
    Sniff... None
    Each to their own in my book. I'm still silly enough to do a runner when the need arises... and i do say need. Cos the sad fact is, many cops are human beings, but the chances of figuring out whether they're a human being or not BEFORE they get close enough to see your plate is pretty slim.

Do I stop, get a ticket and some demerit points (or instant loss of licence and associated legal costs) or do I wind it up to 9/10ths and more than likely get away without taking enough risks to kill me?? Hmm... it's not really a hard question most of the time.

Of course, even I think of road conditions and other factors first - and no way will i put myself or the bike at risk. But "risk" is completely subjective. What an anally retentive Highway Patrol officer may consider risk will probably differ from what a detective on his way to investigate a burg (if they still do that!) considers risky... and they probably differ from what I consider risky too.

Each to their own.

Bike
    [QUOTE=WINJA]
    Quote Originally Posted by manuboy
    Seriously Aaron man. What would be the point? It isn't about whether you're fast. Anybody in Production Superbikes could kick your ass any time, any place.

But (and i might be wrong) i bet none of those boys have ever thought in the way you do, or really ever posed a serious threat to other road users.

So what's it about? Adrenaline? If that's it, then it comes down to the fact that you need to find a way to get your buzz without risking anybody else. Seriously. I know one of your mates got cleaned up by a vehicle recently. So why do you still seem so bulletproof? And how are you gonna feel if you take somebody out with you (assuming you don't end up meat)?

I enjoy the odd 9/10ths riding session. But as has been said here oft enough, it's time and place. And i'd pull the pin asap if i thought i was hanging out more than just my own life to dry...[/QUO TE]
    YES ANYONE IN PRODUCTION SUPER BIKE WOULD BEAT HIM , BUT I KNOW A FEW OF THESE TOP LEVEL GUYS AND SOME OF THEM RIDE ON THE ROAD FAST AND THEY DO RUNNERS.
    AARON YOU SHOULD TRY TO FIND WHO ALL YOUR REAL FRIENDS ARE SO IF YOU NEED TO STOP AT THEIR PLACE TO HIDE YOUR BIKE AND YOUR SELF YOU CAN. I ALWAYS LET MY FRIENDS STOP AT MY PLACE IF THEY DO A RUNNER.I HAVE AN AUNTIE WHO WILL ALWAYS LET ME USE HER GARAGE IN A SITUATION WHICH IS HANDY AS SHE LIVES NEAR WHERE I RIDE.GOOD TO SEE YOU DO RUNNERS I DONT SEE THE POINT IN STOPPING ANYMORE THE PIGS SHOULD JUST STOP AT A CERTAIN POINT, LIKE THAT GUY ON THE TRIUMPH NORTH OF AUCK THE PIGS WERE TOLD TO STOP AND THEY DIDNT AND 2 PEOPLE LOST THEIR LIFE AS A RESULT IF THE POLICE STOPPED THE GUY ON THE BIKE WOULD HAVE SLOWED DOWN HE WAS PUSHED INTO A CRASH BY THE PIGS THE PURSUING COP WAS DOING 200K WITH FADING BRAKES AND ONE HAND ON HIS RT THE COP SHOULD HAVE BEEN PUT IN PRISON
    Yeah that was the other question i had. If the copper who cant drive at that speed hits and kills someone whos fault is it, mine for failing to stop or his for failing to learn to drive. i think they are trained to push you more and more untill u crash. i had 1 a few months back that didnt have a shit show of catching me but still he endangered the public long after i thought he would have given up, i had no plate on at the time so i played a bit of slow down let him catch up the wheelie off and still he carried on so i nailed it b4 he got on the radio to have his buddies tbone me or sumething.

Bike
    Sniff... None
    I was out for dinner with a friend the other day who happens to be a remarkably normal person for a copper, and obviously i was taking the opportunity to gain as much information on "procedure" as possible... know thy enemy!!

He reckoned that it was completely random whether you did or didn't get chased, and whether you did or didn't happen to get a cop who could drive. Most with a knowledge of bikes would take one look at the bike and decide what the odds where before they made a decision. Those who didn't have a clue, well they're the plonkers who try it on with you.

Unfortunately he pointed out to me that he knew where i lived, which invalidated the advantage my bike had on his company car... Plate or no plate - a very warm bike sitting in the garage might be a bit hard to explain!!

Bike
    GSXR1000
    re arrons post;
    [gets popcorn, drink, puts feet up and waits for flaming session]

Hell yeah, you're one of them people I read about or see on tv. Wooo Hooo!! Gotta love the fact theres still some rebels about. Each to their own. Mind you, done a couple (or more) runners myself so I aint exactly innocent. So to comment on the dangers/etc of commiting an act like this would be hypocritical.

Bike
    1996 Yamaha SRV250
    Quote Originally Posted by R1AaronKDX
    If the copper who cant drive at that speed hits and kills someone whos fault is it, mine for failing to stop or his for failing to learn to drive.
    Yours. You cause the chase. You cause the accident. You can't have it both ways.
    i think they are trained to push you more and more untill u crash. i had 1 a few months back that didnt have a shit show of catching me but still he endangered the public long after i thought he would have given up,
    Did you endanger the public? Yup. You do realise that is an offence right?
    i had no plate on at the time
    That's one too.

I have a question - do you steal? Do you rape? Do you murder? - you have so little regard for the law, and yet you know you can do this on a track. I'm probably responding to a troll, but hey - I'm bored at work and it's lunchtime.

I'd be glad to see you lose your licence, but frankly I don't think that would stop you. Get out on a track.
    Yokai - bendamindaday

Bike
    GSXR1000
    The problem is, we can't get out to the track often enough.

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by WINJA
    LIKE THAT GUY ON THE TRIUMPH NORTH OF AUCK THE Police WERE TOLD TO STOP AND THEY DIDNT AND 2 PEOPLE LOST THEIR LIFE AS A RESULT IF THE Police STOPPED THE GUY ON THE BIKE WOULD HAVE SLOWED DOWN HE WAS PUSHED INTO A CRASH BY THE Police THE PURSUING COP WAS DOING 200K WITH FADING BRAKES AND ONE HAND ON HIS RT THE COP SHOULD HAVE BEEN PUT IN PRISON
    Oh fuk off would ya........ If that jackass had stayed off the bike in the 1st place nobody would have died right, so puting the blame on the police is just a big wank. Whos to say that had the police not chased, that jackass couldive taken a left instead of a right and driven into your car with your family and killed the fuking lot of ya...... well hopfully you remaind alive but a vegtable for the rest of your life......................... be thinking diferently then aye, I bet you would of been glad that the police took chase.

ps: getting a little sick of these pointless threads :spudwhat:
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit
    The problem is, we can't get out to the track often enough.
    yeah ya can..... you can get the keys for Runapuna any old time, several guys I know do it all the time when trying to tune up race bikes, the problem is guys like Aaron dont get the 'high' the thrive for its just not the same is it? less danger, no law inforcer chasing, no oncomming suprises and the same boreing bit of tarseal every 2min's
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    1996 Yamaha SRV250
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedMedic
    Well take it from me who is going to court on jan14 for "allegedly" doing 240kmh---- these guys did not give up at 180 ks.. but there radio sure did work a treat. No one needs tell me off unless they know me, my bike and the circumstances thanks.
    Hey what were the circumstances? Were you on call? Cos I've met you, and you don't seem the sort that would go around bragging about this sort of stuff... I'm sure there's a good explanation... (Did I miss it?)

Oh - in response to your sig:

"let he who is without sin cast the first stone...PUT THAT DOWN MOTHER!" (Christ allegedly said it)
    Yokai - bendamindaday

Thread Information