Thread: Derestrict chinese scooter

Bike
    2006 Benzhou YY50QT

Derestrict chinese scooter

I recently bought a 50cc Chinsese scooter (Benzhou YY50QT with BZ139QMB). I've been reading a bit on how to derestrict scooters. I'm planning on doing the following:

- remove wacher on variator
    - changing to lighter rollers (what weights?)
    - changing contra springs (how hard or soft?)
    - bigger carb jet (what size jet?)

(I took the exhaust off and it seems like its theres no washer in it that restricts it.)

Just wondering what you guys think of the things I'm planning to do. Is there anything else I should do or not do?

Thanks

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by rag_angelo View Post
    Is there anything else I should do or not do?

Thanks
    Twist the rubber band tighter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank
    You say "no one wants to fuck with some large bloke on a really angry sounding bike" but the truth of the matter is that you are a balding middle-aged ice-cream seller from Edgecume who wears a hello kitty t-shirt (in your profile pic) and your angry sounding bike is a fucken hyoshit - not some big assed harley with a human skull on the front.

Bike
    2006 Benzhou YY50QT
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    Twist the rubber band tighter.
    What rubber band?

Bike
    Triumph Sprint ST
    Try googling "power band"

Bike
    yes
    just leave it mate you will cause no ends of problems,if you want to go faster get a motorbike imho
    dont waste your time or time will waste you

Bike
    2017 Suzuki Dl1000
    I must admit, that although I've been riding for more years than I care to remember, there are a few terms you use that I am completely unfamilar with. So rather than show my ignorance and ask "what is a xxxxxx?" I'll just make a few comments on getting the best out of the 2 stroke motor you have.

Some manfacturers do restrict the exhaust by fitting a washer type restricter between the exhaust and the exhaust port. You have already looked and there isn't one there. While you have the exhaust off clean off any carbon buildup in the exhaust system.

Don't change any jets unless there is a good reason to. A larger jet than optimum may give a small increase in power, measured in parts of a percent, but is more likely to give you an overrich mixture with colder running and fouled spark plugs.

Keep your spark plug clean and properly gapped.

That is about all you would want to do with a small engine that spends a lot of time at full throttle.
    Time to ride

Bike
    2006 Benzhou YY50QT
    I'm just using the scooter to go to uni anyways so its not really my main source of transport. Don't have a motorbike license too but planning to get a bike end of the year, just not right now. just looking to speed up the scoot abit so it doesnt feel so dangerous on the road.

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    Talk to NSRDan, he can get you the full derestriction kit. However it is all in vain as its not cheap and those scooters are POS 4-strokes.
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    '69 Lambretta & SR400
    Don't lighten the variator weights - if you do manage to extract any more power, you would want to consider putting heavier ones in to raise the gearing, not lower it
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lobster View Post
    Only a homo puts an engine back together WITHOUT making it go faster.

Bike
    '69 Lambretta & SR400
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
    just leave it mate you will cause no ends of problems,if you want to go faster get a motorbike imho
    But that would be boring and easy...you just need to start with a decent scooter.

Bike
    yes
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterD View Post
    But that would be boring and easy...you just need to start with a decent scooter.
    alright if you have plenty of $$$$$$$$ to throw at it
    dont waste your time or time will waste you

Bike
    2006 Benzhou YY50QT
    Quote Originally Posted by avgas View Post
    Talk to NSRDan, he can get you the full derestriction kit. However it is all in vain as its not cheap and those scooters are POS 4-strokes.
    POS?

Tried searching for NSRDan but I couldn't find that user name...

Quote Originally Posted by MisterD View Post
    Don't lighten the variator weights - if you do manage to extract any more power, you would want to consider putting heavier ones in to raise the gearing, not lower it

Cool. What about the contra springs then, softer or stiffer? If I remember right, other sites suggested stiffer springs to give a lower gearing for going up hill (correct me if Im wrong please).

Also, I read that some scooters have an electronic restriction from the CDI (?) and the wire just needs to be removed, but I dont really wanna mess around with it coz I dunno which one it is

Bike
    '69 Lambretta & SR400
    Quote Originally Posted by rag_angelo View Post
    Cool. What about the contra springs then, softer or stiffer? If I remember right, other sites suggested stiffer springs to give a lower gearing for going up hill (correct me if Im wrong please).
    Also probably not worth bothering with, unless you seriously change the power output of your scooter (ie up the cylinder capacity).

I put a 187cc kit and a PM pipe on my formerly 125cc ET4 and I changed the clutch and variator for Polini and Malossi items respectively then upgeared the final drive - didn't bother with the torque converter though.

Also, I read that some scooters have an electronic restriction from the CDI (?) and the wire just needs to be removed, but I dont really wanna mess around with it coz I dunno which one it is
    Yup, tis true. My (uk spec) ET is rev limited, which is a bugger - but a CDI change would mess with the imobiliser so I left it alone.

Bike
    2006 Benzhou YY50QT
    Would anyone know which wire to remove on the CDI to take out the rev cut?

Bike
    Suzuki UZ125
    I believe the wire cutting on the cdi you are talking about is to remove the top speed cut... does your scoot do over 50kmh now? if yes it probably doesn't have one.

I would ask the question on http://chinesescoots.forumwise.com/forum.html they seem to have a fairly good idea about the chinese stuff.

But yes, to confirm other comments there isn't really much to do with a 4stroke 50cc machine... they are pretty much just slow compared to a 2smoke even the good ones don't have much mambo even the Honda Today which is a nice bike is slow... and lacking a front disc

Thread Information