Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: MNZ request Super Motard feedback

Bike
    Vespa 550
    Quote Originally Posted by gav View Post
    The practice of sliding the rear wheel out on the entry into corners, leading with the inside leg off the foot peg (i.e. similar to a moto Cross style), and backing into corners in an exaggerated manner.

Now if you took the MX reference out doesn't this describe how Valentino Rossi and Casey Stoner ride? Inside foot off the peg, rear wheel out of line and sliding into corners? Just a thought .......
    sure does if he then picks his foot back onto the bike, knee (and damn nearly elbow) slides the corner. in which case no F3 racer will be near him so who cares.

its the carrying the leg through the corner where there are problems. a slidy arse foot off style works on a motard track in a parking lot, not a big long cornered proper race track

Bike
    ninja 250
    Well, it sounded more like the problems were caused by "parking" the bike in the corners, and backing it in, rather than the foot out? As someone else pointed out, a foot out is no wider than a lot of riders knee out?

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    Quote Originally Posted by gav View Post
    Well, it sounded more like the problems were caused by "parking" the bike in the corners, and backing it in, rather than the foot out? As someone else pointed out, a foot out is no wider than a lot of riders knee out?
    fair call, it is the line taken rather than the foot off the peg that is the problem,

i think the change of ruling is good though, it is much more rider based rather than penalising every motard rider for a fews actions

Bike
    No longer Motarded
    I love the idea, but im thinking that motards will have to be in their own class anyway due to it really taking off.
    Was at levels in the weekend and there was 25 in the motard class, 19 at round 1 in the wet.
    Bring on the weekend

Bike
    BMW
    Im glad i dont ride f3......

Bike
    Ducati M750/ MotoFXR
    Well done MNZ. Good to see sense prevailing in this country for once!

Well, we had an ALL IN at the end of the last Chch BEARS meet, and Motards were allowed in. They abided by the rules and left the front of the grid clear (I actually thought they were just being polite...I was trying to get them to move up- reason given below) It was great to have them back, it was the best race of the day!

I can see a potential problem with the rules though- the bit where Motards have to start at the back. A Motards key strength is its light weight, which gives them the ability get off the line quickly, but more importantly to brake very late, very hard and very deep compared to a road bike. This could make the first corner veeeerrry interesting. Personally I would rather have the grid sorted on form (lap times or finishing positions), because it could get bloody hairy in the first few turns.
    My daughter telling me like it is:
    "There is an old man in your face daddy!"

Bike
    B12
    FFS Its only because sports bikes dont like seeing a motard go round the outside of them.

Id race my motard if it was allowed in F3 - so i can race with a lot of people I know, whearas If i was forced into a motard only class, id have to throw my tard away and go spend a fortune on a 450 machine just to be competitive.
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaNanna View Post
    Wasn't me officer, honest, it was that morcs guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleman View Post
    Yeah I do recall, but dismissed it as being you when I saw both wheels on the ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by R6_kid View Post
    lulz, ever ridden a TL1000R? More to the point, ever ridden with teh Morcs? Didn't fink so.

Bike
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by Morcs View Post
    FFS Its only because sports bikes dont like seeing a motard go round the outside of them.

Id race my motard if it was allowed in F3 - so i can race with a lot of people I know, whearas If i was forced into a motard only class, id have to throw my tard away and go spend a fortune on a 450 machine just to be competitive.
    Id like to see that

Bike
    2006 Suzuki DR650 & FZR1000 race bike
    I see the announcement is up on the MNZ website. It looks like a bit of thought went into it and taking consideration of riders views.

http://www.mnz.co.nz/newsDetail.aspx...rticleID=28345

Bike
    2006 Suzuki DR650 & FZR1000 race bike

Update - stuff from MNZ - Racers read this.

Sorry to drag up this thread again but here are the updates I am aware of-

MNZ announcement http://www.mnz.co.nz/newsDetail.aspx...rticleID=28930
    MOTARDS CLARIFICATION

NOVEMBER 10, 2008: Under MNZ GCR: Motards are now able to compete in Road Race classes, HOWEVER, Motards MUST ride in Road Race Style when competing in ANY road race class other than the Motards classes, i.e. Feet must remain on footpegs.

In the Motard classes, Motard style riding is encouraged.

The penalty for riding Motard Style in Road race Classes is exclusion/disqualification from that race and cancellation of entries in all but Motard classes at that race event. Licenses will be endorsed and competitor infringement notices will be issued in the case of exclusion/disqualification.

Please also read the MNZ web site August News ( Archive) Super Motard Riding Style.

NOTE, It is the clubs discretion as to the structure of their meetings

August news archive mentioned above.
    http://www.mnz.co.nz/newsDetail.aspx...rticleID=28345
    SUPER MOTARD RIDING STYLE

Regarding all classes and Super Motard riding style.
    MNZ road-race commissioner Paul Stewart thanks all the people who took the time to put forward constructive comments regards the riding style of the Super Motards.

Given the various opinions put forward for consideration of those that are for and those that are against the two class's racing against each other, it is clear that there is a genuine desire by the Super Motard riders to be included within the structure of what would be considered an accepted road race style.

Given that there was a remit presented to the commission some two years ago by concerned riders of F3 about the style of some the SM riders a safety rule was put in place excluding SM from the F3 class racing.

However following the correspondence over the last two months regards this subject it is the determination of the commission that there is to be a one year (maximum) trial period to gauge the safe practice of these class’s racing against each other with some exceptions.

If during this period (1 year trial) of mixed class racing the Super Motard riders cannot adapt to the traditional style of racing then Super Motards will be excluded from all class’s, except their own class of racing.

Therefore it is incumbent of Super Motard riders to self govern themselves, as I am sure we would all like to see this exercise succeed.

The issues are.
    The practice of sliding the rear wheel out on the entry into corners, leading with the inside leg off the foot peg (i.e. similar to a moto Cross style), and backing into corners in an exaggerated manner.

All class’s and Super Motards

In race meetings where there are F3/ BEARS class races and also Super Motard class races then the genuine F3/ Bears bikes will have first call on the grid positions for the F3 races.

Any grid positions that are left vacant can be filled on a first entered (by post date of entry form to meeting) on the grid up to the maximum numbers on the grid as set by the club in the sub regs by Super Motard class bikes.

Remembering Super Motards would have their own races and that a true F3/ BEARS cannot race in Super Motard races.

It is the clubs discretion as to the class structure of their meeting.
    When applying for a permit the club must consider the circuit suitable as to whether F3/BEARS and Super Motards can compete together where the circuit lends its design to using traditional road racing styles.

In the case where a circuit is suited to Super Motards only (i.e. Wyndham Burt Munroe meeting) then the permit must indicate so that MNZ will sign off the permit on the information provided as to the suitability of F3 and SM racing together.

Riding Style.
    In races where F3/BEARS and Super Motard are permitted to race together a traditional road race style ONLY MUST be used.

Riders who are considered not to be riding during practice or racing within the intent of the traditional road race style the rider will be spoken to by the steward in the first instance.

In the circumstances where it is considered dangerous to riders the offending rider/s will be shown the black flag by an official

Rule 6-19 to be observed by officials, Individual rider to stop and retire from the course upon completion of that lap. The rider’s number must be shown on a board at the same point as the black flag is displayed.

If the rider/s continue to ignore the safety of themselves or fellow riders they may be barred from competing in the remainder of that meeting this infringement to be recorded in the riders log book.

Regards
    Paul Stewart
    Road Race Commissioner.

Thread Information