Thread: Front sprocket loose problem on honda crm 250r

Bike
    honda crm 250 rr

Front sprocket loose problem on honda crm 250r

i like to know if there is some thing mising on front sprocket. i have a noys like is there is a mising woser.

Bike
    None any more
    Noise. Missing. Washer.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    95' CBR900
    Just ignore Hitcher, He is our resident dictionary nazi

Is the nut that holds your front sprocket on still tight?

What sort of noise is it?, a rattle, or a grinding noise?
    vagrant

Bike
    honda crm 250 rr
    it has 2 nuts holding thesprocket. there is like a woser holding it and the nuts hold the woser and the spocket togeter. bat it stil goes in and out about 1 ml and thats why it make the noes when i drive the bike, it goes in and out. 10 q for your help vagrant

Bike
    1994 VFR750F, 2006 XR250L
    Sounds like standard Honda dirt bike from your description. Does it looked like the pic I've attached? The sprocket is not bolted on tight, it is held on the shaft by that plate (woser as you call it) which is fitted over the splined shaft and turned half a spline at the point where the shaft is machined so that the plate can be rotated. In that position the two screws can then be fastened through the plate into the sprocket holding it in place but leaving the sprocket floating. Therefore it is meant to be a little bit loose and all the ones I've owned I would never had called noisy because of this.

They work fine and are a masterpiece when it comes to changing sprockets in a hurry, unlike bikes with a large nut and tab washer like my WR has - total pain to change the sprocket whereas on my Hondas I could regularly change sprocket sizes at will.

So in summary if I think it is what you are saying you have nothing to worry about.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CRM sprocket.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	11.4 KB 
ID:	97696  
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    honda crm 250 rr
    Ok 10q Merv,it Is The Same As You Sad.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post
    Sounds like standard Honda dirt bike from your description. Does it looked like the pic I've attached? The sprocket is not bolted on tight, it is held on the shaft by that plate (woser as you call it) which is fitted over the splined shaft and turned half a spline at the point where the shaft is machined so that the plate can be rotated. In that position the two screws can then be fastened through the plate into the sprocket holding it in place but leaving the sprocket floating. Therefore it is meant to be a little bit loose and all the ones I've owned I would never had called noisy because of this.

They work fine and are a masterpiece when it comes to changing sprockets in a hurry, unlike bikes with a large nut and tab washer like my WR has - total pain to change the sprocket whereas on my Hondas I could regularly change sprocket sizes at will.

So in summary if I think it is what you are saying you have nothing to worry about.
    Thank you. Off to put a 13t onto my CRM right now.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    MichaelpumPG

Front sprocket loose problem on honda crm 250r

HI All new to forum and this is my first post, I have a xs500b.

I need to get new rear sprocket bolts in ST does any one know what size I need to order?
    many thanks

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant View Post
    Just ignore Hitcher, He is our resident dictionary nazi
    Fucking "noys"??! Bahahaha!

That shit is inexcusable.

Thread Information