Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: First bike... advice please

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa
    Quote Originally Posted by Zim_Invader View Post
    hahaha........dude. that sounds like cinderella.. haha (hey... i was young, and very naive!)... more so... i can't believe it really happened.... man, so a purple bike huh? is that the stock colours, or the cover up paint job to hide the scratches?

man that's classic... haha
    Dude...you can ask everyones opinion on kb and they will all give you a different one. You have a lot of information on the cards, now is the time to get out there, go look at bikes , kick tires etc. Get your scratchie and go to dealers and test ride a few. They will nearly always have a bike that your interested in on trademe from used and abused 17yr old industrial sewing machines to brand spanking new vtr's. Go to a dealer, test ride a few and then say hey i like that one, now lets find it on trademe.

Oh and buy your gear first...your spare change gets a bike. Less talkiing, more doing.

Bike
    A big black one and a smaller yellow one
    Quote:

also, why would you need to go to the dealer for an oil & filter change? generally speaking, it's simple enough, isn't it?
    It's a bit of a con really, in order to keep your warrenty valid on a new bike most dealers will make you get the first few services done with them, and then charge you $150+ to do something you could have done yourself in less than and hour. Their reasoning for this is that there are tonnes of people who just wouldn't bother doing it and then when the bike fucks out they come running back to the dealer for warrenty! which makes it kind of fair but we still have to pay because of the few who are to lazy/stupid to look after their bike (very important when breaking in a new bike). Peace

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan432 View Post
    It's a bit of a con really, Peace
    I agree. War is more fun .

p/t

As far as oil changes go, it sucks on my srv as it require removing the entire bloody exhausts system as the oil plug has the headers running directly under them. Hmm when I get new headers made/ current one rechromed might have to fix that.

Bike
    2004 D-TRACKER, 1997 DT230 LANZA
    Finally catch up with this thread!! Im not gonna give advices but I have list of bikes that I want you to get hehee

budget's at about 4.5k.... so a tight budget.
    Tight Budget? What tight budget? You are much much more loaded than when I was trying to find my bike

And I got my GN for $1k

Quote Originally Posted by motorbyclist View Post
    don't whine about a single cylinder vs a parallel twin intil you've ridden them. i infact prefer the single for fun, the parallel twin is just smoother/less vibration but feels gutless as a result, while a Vtwin is just pure awesome (inline four are even betterer, and the V four are are an addiction)
    a hornet is an inline four, anything else ain't a hornet

glad to see you aren't looking for a GN
    Let him get GN, then he can do mods with $2.5k leftover

Single cylinder is very fun. Accererate from 1.5k-2k rev on 5th gear is fun!! hehehe lots of vibration!

Suzuki Volty is another choice as well, its like luxo version of GN. But its hard to find.

GB250 Clubman? Its beautiful bike! Altho hard to find lol

Kawasaki Estrella(not sure about spelling) if they have brought over it to NZ, very beautiful bike.

Could go Yamaha SRV250. (make sure you get "working" bike tho)

Sorry I like rare and non popular bikes lol

CBF250? Is there any second hand one? No one really like that bike, but you can get almost new and cheap and "honda" quality

Whats the chance of getting second hand Cagiva Raptor 125? $4.5 too tight? They look great!

There is few VTR and Bandits and stuff around $5k but if you take some of KBer or SMC guys with you to negotiate the price down to $4.5 or even less!!

If you got that much money, I'm sure you can go shop around.

Zims shopping ride!!!

I cant really help you but if you are going to shop around with someone wise from here I can tag along.

PS: Dont go for Hyosang!!!
    Super Sports Commuter=Super Cub90!!

Land Speed Record holder of stock engine GN250 in NZ 140km/h
    Join The mighty GN250

Bike
    '09 DR-Z400SM; '89 VFR400R, '78 RD350E
    Or you could be a real man and get a RD... :P

Not that I'm biased or anything!

Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    I'm off to shoot a dairy owner and steal a hundred bucks from his till, if he dies, it's the dumb curries fault for not wearing a bullet proof vest.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddad View Post
    New Zealand, where cows are happy, men are men, sheep are nervous and horses are fast because they heard about the sheep.

Bike
    Yamaha MT09 Tracer
    get a cheap gn, put low bars on her,,and be out riding tommrrow
    eh banzai!
    'the stickiest situation since sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun'

Cpt Edmund Blackadder

Bike
    A big black one and a smaller yellow one
    yea don't underestimate the GN, they are a good budget learner bike if you want to save money for a "real" bike once you get your full license! If you are comfotable with the size of your penis you shouldn't have any problems riding around on a GN for a while! lol

getting a GN means you could afford really top shelf gear now so that when you upgrade your bike you won't have to fork out for better gear to match!

PS, i have a custom made GN screen if you want to get your top speed up a bit.

You can do plenty of stuff on a GN, see this thread:

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...0+south+island

see the pictures for the screen

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa
    Quote Originally Posted by BANZAI View Post
    Finally catch up with this thread!! Im not gonna give advices but I have list of bikes that I want you to get hehee

Tight Budget? What tight budget? You are much much more loaded than when I was trying to find my bike

And I got my GN for $1k

Let him get GN, then he can do mods with $2.5k leftover

Single cylinder is very fun. Accererate from 1.5k-2k rev on 5th gear is fun!! hehehe lots of vibration!

Suzuki Volty is another choice as well, its like luxo version of GN. But its hard to find.

GB250 Clubman? Its beautiful bike! Altho hard to find lol

Kawasaki Estrella(not sure about spelling) if they have brought over it to NZ, very beautiful bike.

Could go Yamaha SRV250. (make sure you get "working" bike tho)

Sorry I like rare and non popular bikes lol

CBF250? Is there any second hand one? No one really like that bike, but you can get almost new and cheap and "honda" quality

Whats the chance of getting second hand Cagiva Raptor 125? $4.5 too tight? They look great!

There is few VTR and Bandits and stuff around $5k but if you take some of KBer or SMC guys with you to negotiate the price down to $4.5 or even less!!

If you got that much money, I'm sure you can go shop around.

Zims shopping ride!!!

I cant really help you but if you are going to shop around with someone wise from here I can tag along.

PS: Dont go for Hyosang!!!
    Oi .

First there is nothing wrong with hyosung. In my eyes they have proven themselves and unlike new shitty chinese crap have gained a solid customer base, and from the ones I have ridden and seen they are a quality bike.

Second, a raptor would never go for anything below 6k,even thats bloody lucky. They sell for 8.5k to 9k brand new. They are a quick 125. You can't buy the mito in nz just the naked *the raptor as you said*. The bigger brother looks very very sexy with the factory carbon mods.

The srvs are a very sexy 250, have plenty of torque and look great. Comfy as anything too. Banzai you take one more crack at my bike and I'm going to run you over with it when I get it back and then draw a little asian man on the tank with a cross. Then i'll turn your gn into a coffee table.

I'll be happy to come check out bikes with you zim, and if you need a help with gear feel free to come and see me this weekend.

Bike
    2004 snow white, k1 beast
    bo thats it enough talk, time to go out there and see for your self a bike in a picture is not the same in real life, trust me when your on the bike you well then know what it is you need.

so get hold of me and when im not studding and what not il go with you to have a look at some bikes.....i think that zzr the red and white is nice choice for it looks very sporty and is a very forgiven bike.....yea im not the biggest fan of the zzr (as Hanna knows very well ) i do think its a good bike for what your looking for within your budget and is a good bike to start on.
    Terrorist are people too.....

Bike
    2004 D-TRACKER, 1997 DT230 LANZA
    Quote Originally Posted by fridayflash View Post
    get a cheap gn, put low bars on her,,and be out riding tommrrow
    eh banzai!
    Yep, thats right

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan432 View Post
    yea don't underestimate the GN, they are a good budget learner bike if you want to save money for a "real" bike once you get your full license! If you are comfotable with the size of your penis you shouldn't have any problems riding around on a GN for a while! lol

getting a GN means you could afford really top shelf gear now so that when you upgrade your bike you won't have to fork out for better gear to match!

PS, i have a custom made GN screen if you want to get your top speed up a bit.

You can do plenty of stuff on a GN, see this thread:

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...0+south+island

see the pictures for the screen
    Hey can I have the screen?? How much?

Nice thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Drider87 View Post
    Oi .

Banzai you take one more crack at my bike and I'm going to run you over with it when I get it back and then draw a little asian man on the tank with a cross. Then i'll turn your gn into a coffee table.

I'll be happy to come check out bikes with you zim, and if you need a help with gear feel free to come and see me this weekend.
    Hehee sorry. I thought Dushy-bashing is allowed here!

I wont make any comment about "your bike" anymore then...
    Super Sports Commuter=Super Cub90!!

Land Speed Record holder of stock engine GN250 in NZ 140km/h
    Join The mighty GN250

Bike
    AX100 "Poppy"
    Blog Entries
    hahaha........dude. that sounds like cinderella.. haha (hey... i was young, and very naive!)... more so... i can't believe it really happened.... man, so a purple bike huh? is that the stock colours, or the cover up paint job to hide the scratches?

man that's classic... haha
    They did actually come stock in purpley blue, but not candy shiny purple!
    ZZR has been an awesome first bike for me, is good for long distances eg. Napier) but also reasonably economical around town (getting 250km/tank at the moment with town riding) So I can certainly recommend ZZR.

Have you had a sit on one though? I am around 165cm and the bike is just my size, Squiggles looks a bit big on it, (he's 5 10) so it is good to try it out first even by just sitting on one.

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education ~ Mark Twain

Vegetarian Motorcyclists Unite

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY View Post
    Dude -for ya very first bike I'd suggest a scorpio,A srv250 or a new generation SR250
    All that fairing shit costs friggin moonbeams when ya fall off.
    A nekkid bike doesn't bust so easily.
    Forget ya ego for awhile Learn to ride then sell the nekkid and buy yaself a crotch rocket. You won't loose money if you keep the bike 6 months or so.
    Whooooosh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank
    You say "no one wants to fuck with some large bloke on a really angry sounding bike" but the truth of the matter is that you are a balding middle-aged ice-cream seller from Edgecume who wears a hello kitty t-shirt (in your profile pic) and your angry sounding bike is a fucken hyoshit - not some big assed harley with a human skull on the front.

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanne View Post
    Yeah, that actually happens suprisingly often! Or, as happened with my bike, the partner just says it has to go and snaps up the first offer.
    You never know when you will get lucky like that
    (Ok, i admit the purple part might've helped my cause too, diminishing the number of male bidders.... )
    So long as you have an idea what you are looking for and have peeled eyes
    You got to feel real sorry for the soft old bastard who's mid life crisis consisted of either a 1993 ZZR250 (Madison) or DR250.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank
    You say "no one wants to fuck with some large bloke on a really angry sounding bike" but the truth of the matter is that you are a balding middle-aged ice-cream seller from Edgecume who wears a hello kitty t-shirt (in your profile pic) and your angry sounding bike is a fucken hyoshit - not some big assed harley with a human skull on the front.

Bike
    flippy
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drider87 View Post
    Oi .

First there is nothing wrong with hyosung. In my eyes they have proven themselves and unlike new shitty chinese crap have gained a solid customer base, and from the ones I have ridden and seen they are a quality bike.
    *shuder*

i once tried to make one wheelie.
    somthing that a GN CAN DO!

it wouldnt.

Bike
    Too many to count
    good to see the FXR being considered and advice being taken onboard - if you get fed up they're easy to sell, and i'm sure kyle will tell you about his old one (which i bought off him for my little bro to learn on too)

Quote Originally Posted by ehab2weelr View Post
    so get hold of me and when im not studding and what not il go with you to have a look at some bikes.....i think that zzr the red and white is nice choice for it looks very sporty and is a very forgiven bike......
    again with getting an experienced rider to have a look at bikes - recently pointed out to ehab that his "perfectly fine" rear sprocket was missing teeth

dont let dushi sell you an open face helmet either - have a shop around for gear to find best fit/price/style

Quote Originally Posted by Chrislost View Post
    i once tried to make one wheelie.
    somthing that a GN CAN DO!

it wouldnt.
    wtf?! any bike can wheelie with maybe the exception of choppers/harleys (goldwings i am told can infact wheelie)

just have to put your knee/feet far back enough on the tail when you pin the gas and then dump the clutch

Thread Information