Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: U-turn cop to stand trial

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    He shouldnt lose his lively hood for that though, he has probably been a copper for the last 30 years and never had anything like this happen before, he should lose his licence, but not the job, maybe at his age its time to hang up the keys to the cop car, any other person who drive for a living dosnt lose their job if the are involved in a serious crash in the company car.

Granted that a conviction for such an offence would be hard to swallow for anyone let alone a cop.

What happened sux, but it happens every day to every day people, humans we are all.
    Well said,hes human he fucked up and should be punished accordingly.A cop or not shouldnt come into it.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    06 Bandit GSF 1200SK6
    Quote Originally Posted by riffer View Post
    With all due respect to the riders involved in this incident, I would suggest that we consider him, like every other person charged with an offence or crime, innocent until proven guilty.

Wait for the trial Stormer. Truth will out.

Agreed Riffer, he should be treated as an individual. as would be if Joe Bloggs had done the same thing. Regardless of how long he has been an officer, he made a gross error in judgment & needs to be held accountable for it. After all riders were seriously injured ..
    Have to Karma ... Justice catches up eventually !!

Bike
    GSXR 750 (No 10)
    Quote Originally Posted by 98tls View Post
    Well said,hes human he fucked up and should be punished accordingly.A cop or not shouldnt come into it.
    Agree with that, but a Eddy punch clock wouldn't lose his job over dangerous driving so why should a cop.

He shouldn't get off lightly either.
    Superdukes. Serving up shame to sportsbikes since ages ago.

Bike
    GSX R1000 K7
    How can a cop who`s been done for dangerous driving, be allowed back on the street and then go book someone for the same offence...???
    Let the good times roll

Bike
    Yamama R6 & Frankie the Bucket
    This particular cop is obviously a cunt, it seems that he tried to shift the blame onto the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by The Victim
    He replied by asking "what the hell" Bridgman had been doing at that part of the road. "His reply to me was that I was speeding. I replied to him an expletive, in effect go away."
    The Unknown Rider

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo600 View Post
    They're just folk like everyone else why should they get extra done.
    No they're not. They are on the road for earning a living, making them commercial drivers.

Commercial drivers play the statistics game - they are on the road ten times the amount of time that ordinary road users do, so, without changing their habits whatsoever, they are ten times more likely to have an accident. They therefore MUST adopt a new way of thinking, or they present a serious hazard to themselves and other road users - the opposite to what they purport themselves to be. Doing a U turn where he did is serious breach of this ethic, and DENYING accountability for it is a further serious breach. There is no way this person should ever be allowed to operate in such a position of responsibility again. God help us if he has an arms license - would you go hunting with him ?

DB
    "I am a licenced motorcycle instructor, I agree with dangerousbastard, no point in repeating what he said."
    "read what Steve says. He's right."
    "What Steve said pretty much summed it up."
    "I did axactly as you said and it worked...!!"
    "Wow, Great advise there DB."
    WTB: Hyosung bikes or going or not.

Bike
    Loud and hoony
    Personally I believe he should be done for careless use of a motor vehicle causing injury. The situation would not have been dangerous provided the motorcyclists had been able to stop in the distance they could see ahead.
    But he most definately chose a bad place to do his U-turn - as such he was careless... I don't think dangerous will stick - but careless should!

Fair enough if he gets a disqualification. Like anybody else he should be given either an excemption to drive in relation to his job - or even better, be applied to do some proper policing instead of road toll collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
    How can a cop who`s been done for dangerous driving, be allowed back on the street and then go book someone for the same offence...???
    Well, obviously he'd now have a better idea of what dangerous driving would be right. Besides, just maybe, someone who's been there themselves might be a bit more sympathetic.

Let's leave the fact that it was a police officer and motorcycles that were involved out of it. Legally it shouldn't make any difference if it had been a boyracer and a campervan...
    It is preferential to refrain from the utilisation of grandiose verbiage in the circumstance that your intellectualisation can be expressed using comparatively simplistic lexicological entities. (...such as the word fuck.)

Remember your humanity, and forget the rest. - Joseph Rotblat

Bike
    GSXR 750 (No 10)
    Quote Originally Posted by DangerousBastard View Post
    No they're not. They are on the road for earning a living, making them commercial drivers.

Commercial drivers play the statistics game - they are on the road ten times the amount of time that ordinary road users do, so, without changing their habits whatsoever, they are ten times more likely to have an accident. They therefore MUST adopt a new way of thinking, or they present a serious hazard to themselves and other road users - the opposite to what they purport themselves to be. Doing a U turn where he did is serious breach of this ethic, and DENYING accountability for it is a further serious breach. There is no way this person should ever be allowed to operate in such a position of responsibility again. God help us if he has an arms license - would you go hunting with him ?

DB
    Yeah I take your point. Stick him somewhere harmless than and not back on the roads.

BTW I think he's a cunt for the "you were speeding" remark and for trying to get away with it. But automatic loss of job is harsh. Maybe bang him up with the sodomites for a while instead.

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleJohn View Post
    Hope he doesn't just get a slap on the hand like most other charges to cops....
    Or as happens to most members of public eh???
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikkel View Post

Let's leave the fact that it was a police officer and motorcycles that were involved out of it. Legally it shouldn't make any difference if it had been a boyracer and a campervan...
    Nice sentiment mate but you forget this is "kiwiwhinger" and any thread with "cop fucks up" related to it brings out all the interweb bad arses out there that get wood in cyberspace.

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    Goody - another copper on the sharp end of a stick, thread.

Where can I put the boot in - er - make some constructive comments about yon coppers parentage...........ummm..........nail his head to the floor.

Older guy - should have known better - probably watched Goodbye Pork Pie once to often....

“- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    I am gobsmacked at the restrained and reasonable responses on this thread - I did not expect so much rational comment on KB - well done.
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleJohn View Post
    Hope he doesn't just get a slap on the hand like most other charges to cops....
    How many cops do you know?How many have had charges laid against them?How many have got off lightly?

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikkel View Post
    Personally I believe he should be done for careless use of a motor vehicle causing injury. The situation would not have been dangerous provided the motorcyclists had been able to stop in the distance they could see ahead.
    But he most definately chose a bad place to do his U-turn - as such he was careless... I don't think dangerous will stick - but careless should!
    See - I knew, given time, we'd find something we agree on.

Bike
    GSXR 750 (No 10)
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    I am gobsmacked at the restrained and reasonable responses on this thread - I did not expect so much rational comment on KB - well done.
    We're bored of digging into you lot. As for those immigration tossers, well don't get me started.

Thread Information