Page 4 of 104 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: BFTP - Blast From The Past Rides

Bike
    GS850GT
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingcrocodile46 View Post
    Sorry guys, I can't quite make it. I thought I was better organised but find that I'm on hospital child watch from lunch time tomorrow. Good luck with the weather
    sorry to hear that, mate
    take care
    Bruno

Bike
    GS850GT

27/7 ride update

thanks to the die-hards who turned up today

sorry, guys, no pic today
    but with all the rain i would have needed a water-proof camera which i dont have

yeah, with the rain and the wind and the chill and the debris on the roads i guess we could call this one a "ride to survive" excursion
    was good to test your skills though

keep well everyone
    Bruno

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Another good time ride, weather be damned, we did!Thanks psyguy, awesome roads and that sideways crawl thing we were doing on top of the Helensville ridge was quite something.
    Enjoyed every minute, very glad I had replaced both old tyres and tightened ths steering head, fixed the front brakes and finally changed over the intake manifolds.
    If we can ride in weather like this and enjoy it, which I know we did then anyone else contemplating coming along needs to harden up! LOL.
    Wind =off the chart, Debris= log jams in some places.Other crashed motorists, remembeer that poor lady by the Kumeu turn off guys, well there were enough of them to remind us to ride to the conditions.
    Oh and did i mention rain?
    Well it started as usual the minute I opened the door to the garage and it didnt stop till i got hom some 4 or so hours later.
    But hey was still worth it to catch up and see the newest member of our hardy groups bike.A classic,90S, resplendent in awesome paint and a well worked over frame and engine.
    A pleasure riding with that hardy soull Max Headroom , he came all teh way from the deep south, he he he, somewhere near Te Kauwhata to ride with us. Cheers mate, see you on the next one. by the way guys there are honest people out there after all.Got my wallet back, complete with cash and cards a fine older gentleman had seen it fall from the seat and stopped to pick it up.Neat aye?Course now I've got to wait for new cards etc but thats a samll price to pay.
    Next please psyguy,I'm in.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    '76 BMW R90S
    Good to meet you guys, I'm looking forward to the next event! Sundays can be a challenge for me occasionally, but I'll do my best to be there.

Pleased to hear that you got your wallet back, Caseye. It is a PITA losing stuff like that.

Yeah, the weather was a little damp, but it didn't stop anybody from having a good time. Thanks again for organising these rides, Psyguy.

Bike
    1985 XJ900 N
    Interesting... I turned up at Westgate at 10:25 and waited about 10 minutes before turning around and going home because I left my wallet there...

Oh well next time.
    Live for today just in case someone decides to ruin your tomorrow

Bike
    GS850GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    Interesting... I turned up at Westgate at 10:25 and waited about 10 minutes before turning around and going home because I left my wallet there...

Oh well next time.
    man! what a shame... i was there just after 10.30, but left immediately as i couldnt see anyone
    maybe next time i should confirm beforehand who to expect at westgate, sorry alive!
    Bruno

Bike
    1985 XJ900 N
    Quote Originally Posted by psyguy View Post
    man! what a shame... i was there just after 10.30, but left immediately as i couldnt see anyone
    maybe next time i should confirm beforehand who to expect at westgate, sorry alive!
    No problem... Ya get that... When's the next one??

Bike
    GS850GT
    When's the next one??
    at this stage what i'd like to do is to see how the weather plays for this coming weekend and if the forecast looks promissing i would post for a "short notice" ride

a short notice may not work for everyone but with the downpour we had the last two times that didnt work for too many people either

as we head into the nicer part of the year i think we could have regular rides every two-three weeks
    Bruno

Bike
    1985 XJ900 N
    Yea I can see it growing in popularity as the weather warms up

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Yea I can see it growing in popularity as the weather warms up
    I've got the Z1R completely stripped at the moment but hoping to get it back on the road this summer then I'll come out with you guys. Was riding her last Xmas so she's not a garage ornament. I'm just giving her a bit of TLC as she deserves it after I've ridden her for the last 18 years and she's never let me down.
    So I'll keep this thread monitored and see you guys one day!
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Let us know psyguy, will be there with bells on, tyres kinda scrubbed, as much as they can be in wet weather all day everyday.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    Zooks 85 GS1100G and 84 GSX1100E
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    I've got the Z1R completely stripped at the moment but hoping to get it back on the road this summer then I'll come out with you guys. Was riding her last Xmas so she's not a garage ornament. I'm just giving her a bit of TLC as she deserves it after I've ridden her for the last 18 years and she's never let me down.
    So I'll keep this thread monitored and see you guys one day!
    That'd be mighty nice... The old Z's are true true classics.. really looking forward to checking it out
    Political correctness: a doctrine which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd from the clean end.

Bike
    GS850GT

BTPR Sunday 10th, 11am, Albany

with fine weekend-weather finally on the horizon (no tornados in sight) it's time to ride THIS SUNDAY
    Bruno

Bike
    Zooks 85 GS1100G and 84 GSX1100E
    Quote Originally Posted by psyguy View Post
    with fine weekend-weather finally on the horizon (no tornados in sight) it's time to ride THIS SUNDAY

I'll be there
    Political correctness: a doctrine which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd from the clean end.

Bike
    1985 XJ900 N
    Don't think I can make this one... Got a guy coming around for a new set of carbs and boots for his 650 and I've offered to tune them for him.

Thread Information