Thread: zxr250c speed derestrictor

Bike
    1992 ZXR250C 2008 ZX6R

zxr250c speed derestrictor

I do not need this item, its just an intrest..... BUT!
    I have the option to buy a unit called a 'posh firm' that will allow the bike to reach speeds over 180ks but I have been told that these are just a 3.3k resistor that costs less than 20 cents! This one I am looking at is $150, off a second hand bike. Anyone know how to build one? Or do these units derestrict and unleash anymore power through the revs? Just wondering as some of the 2 smokers also come into the country with them for racing.

Cheers
    holding the line...

dude the bike tops out at 190-200k's if your lucky. why would you really want to go that extra 10k's faster?

i know on the cbr its just a resistor, (you actually dont need it, but its just a safty thing).
    Then I could get a Kb Tshirt, move to Timaru and become a full time crossdressing faggot

Bike
    1992 ZXR250C 2008 ZX6R
    Thinking of street stock 250 racing as a entry level?, an extra 10 ks on the clock would be good, I know that it can be done without the gizmo.... its just that i "NOW' have an option to buy one. Never thought about getting one before. I know the nsr's have them that allow better revs in 5th and 6th .... model called POSH red-vmax. I know they also make these for the cbr.
    holding the line...

Bike
    04 R6
    Quote Originally Posted by renegade master View Post
    dude the bike tops out at 190-200k's if your lucky. why would you really want to go that extra 10k's faster?
    you don't understand at all do you

Quote Originally Posted by steelestring View Post
    I know that it can be done without the gizmo....
    If its like the CBR250, then it will be restricted via the speedo. What wires run into the speedometer?

Bike
    none for now
    You won't need it for streetstock. The 190kmh limiter works directly off the speedo and you don't need the speedo for racing do ya! Just disconect the cable. I don't think a zxr 250 would actually hit the limiter unless you are going down a steep hill or you are a midget. I never got mine that fast anyway. However if you really want to disable it its easy enough to do. I did it on my old 89 zxr 750 and my mates 89 zxr 400 - and the process was the same so I imagine the 250 would be no different. You pull out the speedo and it has 3 wires running into it from the back. You just bridge 2 of them with the resistor - can't remember which 2 but sure you can find that info on the net. Can't remember the resistors ohm value either but that should also be easy to find. Have you actually hit the governor before? Because if not your wasting your time.

Bike
    1992 ZXR250C 2008 ZX6R
    Quote Originally Posted by slopster View Post
    You won't need it for streetstock. The 190kmh limiter works directly off the speedo and you don't need the speedo for racing do ya! Just disconect the cable. I don't think a zxr 250 would actually hit the limiter unless you are going down a steep hill or you are a midget. I never got mine that fast anyway. However if you really want to disable it its easy enough to do. I did it on my old 89 zxr 750 and my mates 89 zxr 400 - and the process was the same so I imagine the 250 would be no different. You pull out the speedo and it has 3 wires running into it from the back. You just bridge 2 of them with the resistor - can't remember which 2 but sure you can find that info on the net. Can't remember the resistors ohm value either but that should also be easy to find. Have you actually hit the governor before? Because if not your wasting your time.
    Cheers dude yea i worked it out its a 10 ohm resistor and I have the manual that shows me the wires. I have hit the wall and I do want to keep my bike road reged also. The only reason for this post was trying to work out if this model has any other benefit the posh firm has to offer. Thank you for you for help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	speedo de restricter.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	98364  
    holding the line...

Quote Originally Posted by FilthyLuka View Post
    you don't understand at all do you

If its like the CBR250, then it will be restricted via the speedo. What wires run into the speedometer?
    The only benifit would be for racing?

The cbr250RR has 2 ways to de restrict it - via the spedo or by the cdi, which is where the reistor comes in - but you dont actually need it if you just solder the wires together it will work.

but dont blame me if somethings brakes :P
    Then I could get a Kb Tshirt, move to Timaru and become a full time crossdressing faggot

Bike
    68 Iron Head, 98 XR600R
    intriguing information i might try this out on my vfr400.
    Another one bites the dust!!!

Thread Information