Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A sunny Picton day out

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Takaka Hill is awesome, its about a 1 hour round trip (maybe 70 odd min) from Richmond, assuming you don't stop too much, or stop at the other end for long. Absolutely brilliant roads. Considering its basically a dead end, it must be a biker's delight for locals.

Queen Charlotte Drive was a bit tight, especially for a fully laden blackbird, but the 50kph limit was even more irritating, much too easy to get done for speeding there

one shot has already been posted: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/at...4&d=1203426734
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1011.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	153.0 KB 
ID:	101199   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1017.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	101200   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1020.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	147.7 KB 
ID:	101201  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post

Queen Charlotte Drive was a bit tight, especially for a fully laden blackbird, but the 50kph limit was even more irritating, much too easy to get done for speeding there
    Downright scary when we rode it in the dark to catch the ferry last year. It was pouring down and the local council had dumped gravel everywhere. My muscles were just about in spasm by the time we reached Picton

Bike
    2003 Honda CBR600F4i at home :(
    Just did Queen Charlotte Drive yesterday. And with the multitude of slips and construction I couldnt really get up to 50kph anyways. Still an awesome ride!

Thanks for the story Bull! Yep it seems that Bluebridge has it down to a science of securing motorbikes. Ratchet straps at the waiting. and staff there to help, so quick infact that before I had my helmet off they were almost finished securing old blue. Interislander I was told that they dont have any tie downs.

I'll have to get my pics up soon!
    There is a difference between living and being alive.

Thread Information