Quote Originally Posted by Morcs View Post
I think If you turned up on an RC30 they will be (or farking should be) so in awe that they wouldnt pay too much attention to things like that - and if they know anything about bikes, theyd know how hard parts are to get hold of.
Try racing a TZ750 - they make an RC30 look as common as a C50 step thru....
Now Postie rules...
A couple of guys on the tech committee (I'm one of them) is considering it at present - yes the pads, pins, pistons etc are the same but the external casting is not and that is being mulled over currently. (and I've looked at lots of pictures in the last few days and pad catalogues too)

PeteJ has got it on the head with regard to the rules . The Pre 89 will mimic pre 82 with respect to "visualy indistinguishable". That is the point being reviewed currently. Somewhere the line has to be drawn with all things as you would expect and whilst it could be easy to grant an "Exemption" in cases like this the law of unintended consequences" can pop it's very ugly head 6 months later when someone arrives with a complete fireblade front end!! Saying "but it was okay for him to use the calipers"

As a general rule, many people misunderstand the tech rules thinking well the original bike had 4 pot calipers and the ones I want to fit are 4 pots, so she'll be right....apart from they are 2006 GSXR600 or something....Unfortunately that is not the case.

Good on Vagrant though for asking the question before hand as it stops "issues" later.

Compounding this is brakes and forks are the areas where people push the boundaries the most and thus have to be the most careful.

Al W