Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: The end of the world is nigh.

Bike
    02 Ducati ST4s
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    And now someone has hacked the computer controlling the thing. I wonder if my travel insurance covers black hole voyaging?
    Yah better check that...

Bike
    Darmah, 888, B50SS
    Where does the Green Party stand on all this?
    Quite apart from the knowledge that we are all going to get sucked into Geneva, who is speaking up for the protons?

It was usual 50 years ago to study animals by shooting and killing them but I thought we had moved on from that.
    Now we are proposing to study particles by smashing them to pieces and seeing what happens?

It also reminds me of being a kid and sticking your finger in a flame or power outlet to see if it hurts.

What happens when, in 100 years time, we realise that we are down to the last couple of protons, will we smash them together as well, stick them in a museum, sell them by auction to some rich bastard to lock them away in his private collection...?
    All I know is that I don't want to be here when we run out of protons!!!
    ...she took the KT, and left me the Buell to ride....(Blues Brothers)

Bike
    Soon to be a '12 DRZ400SM
    We can run out of protons without any problem. What the scientists have been keeping a secret is that protons are outnumbered on earth by a recently discovered particle called a Moron. Seemingly they abound in structures called "offices", "governments" and "Hone Harawira's Electoral Office". They reproduce prolifically and in some cases the reproductive cycle is speeded up by moving them from one "office" to another called a "government department" where they are free to interbreed and although this tends to produce a lower quality Moron the amount of interaction they are allowed with another form of Moron called a "Reporter" can actually inflate the size of the Moron to very significant size. Although generally benign in nature Morons should be destroyed as soon as more than one is found in an "office" so as to prevent the formation of any sort of "government department". The common firearm, kitchen utensil or even short length of pipe can be utilised and but creativity is encouraged in eradication methods. Although personally satisfying and contributing much to society in general the act of destroying a Moron will attract little or no moral outrage but will invariably produce significant audible pollution form another virulent but fortunately rare form of Moron, the Environmentalist. This pollution is very shortlived and can be safely ignored

Bike
    Darmah, 888, B50SS
    What happens when you smash two morons together?
    ...she took the KT, and left me the Buell to ride....(Blues Brothers)

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by idb View Post
    What happens when you smash two morons together?
    You end up with Hone Harawira...

Birds stop play... again... http://www.3news.co.nz/Baguette-prob...ticleID=128714
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Thread Information