Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proposed Post Classic Rules Changes - MNZ require feedback

Bike
    Ducati 600 Monster & GPZ550 Postie bike

Proposed Post Classic Rules Changes - MNZ require feedback

Check out the MNZ website for proposed changes to the Post Classic rules:

http://www.mnz.co.nz/newsDetail.aspx...rticleID=28107

The close off date for comments is the end of June.

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Looks good to me, and yay, at last Pre89 will be a legit class...better start building some bikes you South Islanders!

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Can someone help? It looks like fuel is open for pre 72 and pre 89 two strokes and restricted for pre 82, am I reading this right?

If pre 72 & 89 fuel for two strokes can be open, why not for pre 82, who benifits from this restriction in pre82?

Should be open for all?

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Can someone help? It looks like fuel is open for pre 72 and pre 89 two strokes and restricted for pre 82, am I reading this right?

If pre 72 & 89 fuel for two strokes can be open, why not for pre 82, who benifits from this restriction in pre82?

Should be open for all?
    Rob

You might want to read the whole set a bit closer and then look at the rules the additional rules referred to a bit closer.

The pre 82 and Pre 89 rules on fuel are the same.....
    Both say 2 strokes as per rule 10.17.1 which is open to racing fuels only up to certain characteristics of avgas or FIM unleaded (ie not limited to pump).

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Thanks. Have done.

Bike
    GSXR1000K2, 89 GSXR1100K
    Looks Good.
    I have run my 89 GSXR1100 at a couple of there meetings and had a ball.
    The pre 89 allows for some good old fashioned budget racing.
    e.g. my ex-wife got all my money.

Bike
    tedium
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Looks good to me, and yay, at last Pre89 will be a legit class...better start building some bikes you South Islanders!
    "25-6-4: Forks
    White Power and Ohlins had very limited supplies of USD forks available to special teams on their works
    or works issue motorcycles.. These specific forks may be used if originally fitted to the bike in question.
    (eg 888 Corsa Superbike). The onus of proof is on the rider."

Bye bye half the pre 89 field.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickha
    Fuck off, cheese has no place in pies
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle
    i would could and can, put a fat fuck down with a bit of brass.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Does it? I've not noticed any ohlins, white power forks on pre 89 machines, but I'm a little out of touch on what bikes are floating around up AK way.
    If people are running forks from later models of their machines - then tough bickies, they were already breaking the spirit of the rules.

It does not affect me, my bikes only mods are slightly heavier clutch springs and a muzzy exhaust, other than that, bone stock.

Funnily enough, I'm working on my bike right now

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin
    Funnily enough, I'm working on my bike right now
    So Paul and Drew might have to work for their money next year ?
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    So Paul and Drew might have to work for their money next year ?
    Gawd, I'm not planning that far ahead
    Something a bit closer

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    "25-6-4: Forks
    White Power and Ohlins had very limited supplies of USD forks available to special teams on their works
    or works issue motorcycles.. These specific forks may be used if originally fitted to the bike in question.
    (eg 888 Corsa Superbike). The onus of proof is on the rider."

Bye bye half the pre 89 field.
    YOur quote above is missing a bit - I think the full rule reads:
    25-6-4: Forks
    Upside down forks are prohibited unless originally fitted to the bike model in the period. Forks must be period items. Internal spring and valving modifications are permitted.
    White Power and Ohlins had very limited supplies of USD forks available to special teams on their works or works issue motorcycles.. These specific forks may be used if originally fitted to the bike in question. (eg 888 Corsa Superbike). The onus of proof is on the rider.

This means that one production model which did have upside downers from the factory - ZXR400's can have them.

That's the only bike found which has good real proof of being legal with USD's. Others may exist, just means that the owner has to find enough proof and I haven't seen any yet

This rule basically says:
    1) the said bike can use those forks, but the forks must be the oem forks and fitted to that model (ie no NC30 with ZXR forks must be ZXR forks on ZXR bike)
    2) Should someone front with a factory 888 or like which has period Ohlins fitted is okay ( I have magazine tests by cathcart where both the 1988 Factory Bimota YB4EIR's and 888 had Marzocchi and Ohlins USD forks fitted which proves they were used on those specific bikes)
    3) That later model USD forks are otherwise banned in pre 89.

So either bikes fit in the above options or they are burgling it anyway and as Sugilite said - tough bikies.

Makes sense to me

Bike
    tedium
    Quote Originally Posted by malcy25 View Post
    YOur quote above is missing a bit - I think the full rule reads:
    I only quoted the relevant bit. Yep, there are quite a few pre 89 400's running ohlins etc.

Doesn't say nowt about swapping engines from other model though :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickha
    Fuck off, cheese has no place in pies
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle
    i would could and can, put a fat fuck down with a bit of brass.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    I only quoted the relevant bit. Yep, there are quite a few pre 89 400's running ohlins etc.

Shock or forks?

Shock is fine as it is technically not a major component.
    Fork: Can't say I have seen any Pre 89 400's with Ohlin's front forks. If they did there is almost totaly probability that they are later than 1989 forks anyway. ie majorly illegal!! Forks are a major component and thus must comply with the specific cut off dates for the age group (this applies across all postie classes) would make them not eligible for Pre 89.

The rules being set to mimic as best as possible who the bikes were at the time. Late model out of period Ohlins forks sort of doesn't fit with that!!

So if they have them fitted thus far there's been a bit of "legal burgling" going on, given there were no formal Pre 89 rules prior to this and I doubt anything in the Supp regs stating what was legal. Introduction and formalisation of a properl set of pre 89 rules will/should eradicate this behaviour. But up until now it's been somewhat open as there has been nothing to enforece again, so people take the piss a little.

Seems you guys have got a handle on what the rules actaully encompass anyway.

Cheers

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    If people are running forks from later models of their machines - then tough bickies, they were already breaking the spirit of the rules.
    IIRC forks were never alowd to be changed to post what ever year, Im refering to pre 82 where I know of some bikes that do ues later forks

Wheels I disagree with, modern 17" and slicks I cant compete with... but its allowd, right off to read of these proposed changes.
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    2007 HondaXL1000V Varadero and 14 others
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    IIRC forks were never alowd to be changed to post what ever year, Im refering to pre 82 where I know of some bikes that do ues later forks

Wheels I disagree with, modern 17" and slicks I cant compete with... but its allowd, right off to read of these proposed changes.
    1. You can protest the rule-defying forks, you know.

2. 17" and slicks have been allowed under the MNZ rules for pre-82 Open for years. Recently changed to allow for the smaller machines, too. Rules 25-4-2 and 24-4-3 now.

Thread Information