Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Temper my temper with "Tempur"

Bike
    06 scrambler,xrl,
    Blog Entries

Temper my temper with "Tempur"

www.tempur.co.nz
    Moodiness, grumpiness and short tempers to a certain extent can linked to a poor nights sleep. Whether it is injury related, habits like snoring and the like, most of us would agree that a restless, disturbed sleep is less than acceptable.
    I for one have noticed that aches/constant repositioning, and substandard sleep hours have quietly snuck up on me over the last few years.

You may not think this is m/cycle related, but just stop and think for second......
    Have you been involved in racing/sportsbikes/farm 4wheelers/industry mechanic?
    Is it possible that the years involved in your m/cycle lifestyle has hastened and increased spinal and joint pain?

Let me say from the outset that I am in no way linked to any bedding/medical or advertising agency, and that my views on this product and brand are solely mine.

Check out the web site for a minute or two and come back to this post........
    hurry up........oh, your back.

OK, so now that you get the gist of this thread (good nights sleep/minimal disturbance/pain reduction etc let me suggest this,
    Get down to a stockist of these mattresses and lay on one. Seriously, you won't make the connection until you do.

I'm quite sceptical of most things NASA related or designed.
    But when the Swedish pick up the patent design and run with it, I get to thinking there might be something in it.
    And there is. Forget your two year old top of line, individual spring, unit construction, everything that opens n shuts posterpedic springy thing. They haven't got a bar on the comfort of this material. Sure they cost. (actually they sting like Father Dooleys cane across my 4th form britchers), but I take the ten yr averaging principle here to nullify the vomit inducing account subtraction. (30cents a night approx for ten yrs to supply great rest for two people is what it will cost, give or take).
    I am breaking the product in. (yes, like all quality goods there is a settling in period while the modules accept there correct shape from manufacture, shipping, storage). I'll keep you informed how this works out. But if the neck, lumbar pain, and tossing and turning is reduced by even 20% it will have been worth it.
    I'll keep you informed. (plan to update my GP, physio etc anyway.
    Oh, I forgot the 15yr product guarantee. Who gives such guaratee's without total faith in their design?

Bike
    2008 KTM SuperDuke R
    Can't use them with a leccy blanket though. Would turn the foam into a gooey mess. The Flexgel beds are just as comfy, but don't have that downside.

Bike
    06 scrambler,xrl,
    Blog Entries
    Yep, never been a fan of lec blankets.
    And the purchase of a suitable overlay/cover is recommended.
    I guess there are other options, (tried as many as I could find), but jeez these things are the dogs bollocks for reduction of pressure points and support.MHO

Bike
    2018 Ducati Monster 797
    Blog Entries
    Wicked! I am very interested to read your reviews of your Tempur. We bought a very expensive Design Mobel mattress about 5 years ago, no inner sprung anything, pure foam and wool job and we love it!! But when it's new mattress time we'd love to invest in one of these as have lay on one in the shop and it felt awesome. Am thinking seriously of getting one of the pillows in the meantime though!

Bike
    Hyosung GT250R
    how are those pillows?

Bike
    FJR 1300
    I have found Killing an apprentice normaly calms my temper.
    After all Stress is the failure to kick the Crap out of the person that is anoying you.

Bike
    2003 Ducati Monster S4
    Blog Entries
    +1.
    Had one for about a year. Both the wife and I have had back ops and this mattress is the business. I use the pillow made from the same material,the wife prefers something a bit more squishy.
    It was recommended by a friend of mine in the UK who also has bad problems.

Bike
    06 scrambler,xrl,
    Blog Entries
    Using one of the "neck contour" type pillows vindy.
    Really like it. Doesn't take long to get used to, and the tempur foam moulds around the areas that need support.
    Thought I'd get one of those rather than the conventional shape. (they have several pillows in the range).
    What I will seriously consider is their travel mattress, (like a thermarest). I'm using a 5cm thermarest at rally's/camping etc, but it's still quite uncomfortable. Santa might bring me one.

Bike
    900 Hornet, Preddy, RZ's, A100's
    Blog Entries
    I find eating tempura tempers my temper, I enjoy japanese food and it always puts me in a better mood!

My mum also reckons I need to flush my system of excess iron by donating blood ... and Donor somehow convinced me to go and give some of the red stuff.

If'n I had my druthers, I'd stick to eating Tempura!
    "I like to ride anyplace, anywhere, any time, any way!"

Bike
    08 RMZ 450
    i got one of those pillows and they are ok i reckon.
    only thing i dont like is one night i had the pillow turned around the wrong way ( the small curve was towards my shoulders ) and the next morning i had the worst back ache i've ever had.
    and that was the only thing i noticed had been different.

Bike
    750 auw
    Quote Originally Posted by tri boy View Post
    I am breaking the product in. (yes, like all quality goods there is a settling in period while the modules accept there correct shape from manufacture, shipping, storage). I'll keep you informed how this works out.
    Was the purchase worth it?

I'm looking at replacing old design mobel mattress soon, the tempur price made me shit bricks but I tried one of their pillows and jizzed my pants then fell asleep. The indian shop lady asked me to leave the shop but come again.

Bike
    06 scrambler,xrl,
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Usarka View Post
    Was the purchase worth it?

I'm looking at replacing old design mobel mattress soon, the tempur price made me shit bricks but I tried one of their pillows and jizzed my pants then fell asleep. The indian shop lady asked me to leave the shop but come again.
    Me n Kanny have mixed emotions on the bed.
    Positives:
    Nil desturbance from your partner, (cept farts, sheet movement etc). We made an extra wide bed by buying two king singles and modifying the base.
    This gives 300mm extra width, and even less disturbance.

Negatives.
    They are pricks for not dissipitating heat. In summer they can get quite annoying.
    Don't believe the blurb the importers say. It is still bascically foam, and this traps heat. Try one in a motel to see if it really will affect your sleep.
    Basicaly sweet in winter, a bit hot to sleep on in summer.
    The cost is excessive, and I really don't think it is justifyed.

The ten year warranty is a nice touch, but the protective overcover must be purchaced.
    Any hot liquid spilt on the mattress can apparently damage the cell. The cover apparently is heat resistant.

Don't think I would buy another, but the pillows are awesome.
    One quick point,
    We just came back from 9 days on the bikes, staying in motels, motorcamp cabins etc.
    The Tempur bed at home easily wins the best night sleep competition.
    Hope this helps.

My brother has back problems,and has a fancy bed at home in Canada.On one of his visits here he had to sleep on one of our cheap and nasty foam mattresses - he slept better with no pain here...dunno if he changed to foam when he got back.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    750 auw
    Yeah thanks TB you probably just saved me a few squillion pesos.... Am getting the pillow though, it was soooooooooooo good.

Bike
    None any more
    The Hitchers once forked out an exorbitant amount of dosh and acquired a Tempur mattress. It lasted not a fortnight when it was returned to the retailer and a proper bed substituted for it. If you like to move around during your slumbers, don't get one. If you want to fork out for a heated duvet so that warmth comes from above, rather than from below as a licorice blanket does, don't get one. If you like to have an underblanket of any substance which stops body heat from doing unto the Tempur as the God of Tempur intended, don't get one. Did I mention that they're really expensive?
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Thread Information