Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: gsxr brake upgrades

Bike
    suzuki, 1996, gsxr750
    fitted H E L brake lines, found they needed a second bleeding after a couple hundred K's. but now feel heaps better and i'm stopping faster than on the stock lines. This has been with the same pads, will soon swap the pads for Vesrah "sintered metal" pads been told these are good. let you know how they work out. Have tryed Ferado pads on a previos bike and found them great. hope to get the same out of these Vesrah.
    Nick

Bike
    farmquad
    yeah, i tried ferodo pads in the past and they were good.
    I fitted the ebc's lastnight and am in the process of running them in, takes 400 kms in the instructions so will bleed lines again after that. hopefully they will make a nice improvement.
    ..it's another red light nightmare..

Hey 750

Do you Galfer brake lines have any writing don the other sleve, i am trying to get hold of a set which i know i can get wofs here with.

Bike
    farmquad
    they don't say anything on the sleeve about standards etc except that the galfer web site states the lines adhere to a bunch of standards. i'll just try my luck. i might have to find a sympathetic wof guy who knows the difference between safety & beauracracy. anyone know one PM me the details, i'm not gonna reduce my safety margin for any idiot. if it fails i'll simply take them off, put the old ones back on & get the recheck, then swap again after. only takes like 15mins. at the price i paid i'm happy to do this. no doubt someone anal will spout off about this but idgaf.

Bike
    08 ZX-6R Race Bike, FXR150
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei 509
    You should try Ferado brake pad .They are excellent, had them in my GSXR1100 . Also try "Braking " pad's is another www.braking.com These where great to
    SENSEI
    Not a big fan of Ferodo's... on the road i found the Platinums good, but on the track they tend to fade.... Much prefer SBS (havnt tried EBC yet)

Just about to fit braided lines to my ZXR400.... On the RG i did seals, pads and lines all at the same time, HUGE difference... I find that Braided lines work far better once the brakes are hot, you still get similar lever travel where rubber lines get very spongy.....

I think im just rambling .....

Bike
    01 TLS / 99 TLR
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash
    $500 for a radial master cylinder upgrade.

That's my first change.
    US$60 of eBay...

The 04 GSXR600 and 750 came with the radial MC the 04 1k still had a standard MC (in '05 it gets it though). The piston size on the radial Nissan MC is 19.05mm (3/4" labeled on the MC). For comparison the MC for 4-piston calipers is 14mm and 16mm (5/8" labeled) for 6-piston set ups.

Due to a change in thread pitch and banjo size I'm having to source a new double banjo and haven't completed the set up yet.

When done my TL will have ZX12R calipers, Goodridge Kevlar lines and GSXR radial MC. I’m currently using the 5/8 MC from a TLR.

Bike
    2008 Kettweisel Style.

Arrow The best upgrade I can think of.

Would have to be getting rid of the Suzuki and getting the Fireblade

OK, I'm a little biased
    Those who insist on perfect safety, don't have the balls to live in the real world.

Bike
    farmquad
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnCycle
    US$60 of eBay......
    The 04 GSXR600 and 750 came with the radial MC the 04 1k still had a standard MC (in '05 it gets it though). The piston size on the radial Nissan MC is 19.05mm (3/4" labeled on the MC). For comparison the MC for 4-piston calipers is 14mm and 16mm (5/8" labeled) for 6-piston set ups.

When done my TL will have ZX12R calipers, Goodridge Kevlar lines and GSXR radial MC. I’m currently using the 5/8 MC from a TLR.
    that MC you got in the pic was that 04 600/750? that seems like good value. i was going to get a 19mm MC(19x18 to be precise even though the 16x18 is recommended for street use.

Bike
    01 TLS / 99 TLR
    Quote Originally Posted by 750Y
    that MC you got in the pic was that 04 600/750? that seems like good value. i was going to get a 19mm MC(19x18 to be precise even though the 16x18 is recommended for street use.
    Yes. Sorry I didn't clarify that.

Test fitting it...

Bike
    farmquad
    cheers, let us know how it shapes up.

Bike
    farmquad
    well i bedded my pads in via the manufacturers recommendations(400kms stop start, slow riding). all in all not a huge improvement in outright performance over stock. I have yet to put them to the heat test. one thing tho is that the feel has improved a fair bit & i can really feel whats happening down there now and can gauge where the lockup point is better.

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 750Y
    well i bedded my pads in via the manufacturers recommendations(400kms stop start, slow riding). all in all not a huge improvement in outright performance over stock. I have yet to put them to the heat test. one thing tho is that the feel has improved a fair bit & i can really feel whats happening down there now and can gauge where the lockup point is better.
    So what sort of pads did you get in the end?

Interestingly, I read an article (interview) with Yamaha Europe's tester, and he said the best way to bed pads in was repetitive stops from 100km/h, harder each time, with cool down in-between.
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATH_INC
    I've put 'hh'pads in my 750 (6 pot calipers)......initially they felt real strong,but seem to have lost their edge rather quickly,at least when cold,they seem to take a lot longer to heat up now and cool a lot quicker than you want for the road.Though once up to temp do stop excellently.....
    Although I haven't tried HH pads, what I've heard about them is they work best when hot, but otherwise have less initial bite than other pads. Most forums I've been on have rated them best overall pads.
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATH_INC
    I put braided lines on mine too,much firmer/better feel from the lever,but it almost seems to make the brake feel weaker,but only because you loose the spongyness and can actually feel the amount of pressure being applied.
    Yeah, I'd agree with that. You get far better feel with the braided lines, but the sponginess of the lever with the rubber lines makes it feel like you're not braking as hard.
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    fire breathin ginja ninja
    and no one mentioned how sexy braided lines look alone..
    I'm thinking about getting some on mine actually, but they're a small fortune, aren't they? Have you done all the lines?

Bike
    farmquad
    i put in hh kit pads(supersport compound). & did the front lines. i like to keep the rear rubber ones as they are good for trailbraking especially in the wet.
    i'm sure the brake upgrade will come into it's own on the track or on fast twisty rides as I had noticed a bit of fade under those conditions with the stock gear.

Thread Information