Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Yamaha Scorpio or Lifan LF200 GS Sport?

Bike
    S1000RR

Thumbs up

Scorpio

+10

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    LF200
    So whats the opinion of Honda VTR vs Scorpio
    Scorpio around $4000 brand new
    VTR 2000ish model around $5000 or if lucky a bit under

So what would be the best bet a second hand 2000+ year VTR or a Scorpio
    (I think the VTR looks better than the dirtbike look of the scorpio, although the new red 2008 scorpio with the mag wheels does look a bit better than the blue spoke wheeled one)

and then again how much are parts for a VTR compared to Scorpio?
    (someone said the lightbulb for the scorpio was $50? dont they use standard type light bulbs you can get for cars for $10 or so? or are the custom made to rip you wallet open )

and damn it they both have that single round headlight thing goin on... the price you pay for brand names...

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by toyboy View Post
    So whats the opinion of Honda VTR vs Scorpio
    Scorpio around $4000 brand new

(I think the VTR looks better than the dirtbike look of the scorpio, although the new red 2008 scorpio with the mag wheels does look a bit better than the blue spoke wheeled one)

and then again how much are parts for a VTR compared to Scorpio?
    (someone said the lightbulb for the scorpio was $50? dont they use standard type light bulbs you can get for cars for $10 or so? or are the custom made to rip you wallet open )

and damn it they both have that single round headlight thing goin on... the price you pay for brand names...
    In my view the VTR is the best learner bike you will find at present.

Don't worry about replacing a bulb, it's a red herring raised by someone desperately looking for arguments to support his case. IF in the very rare event one fails simply buy after market.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank
    You say "no one wants to fuck with some large bloke on a really angry sounding bike" but the truth of the matter is that you are a balding middle-aged ice-cream seller from Edgecume who wears a hello kitty t-shirt (in your profile pic) and your angry sounding bike is a fucken hyoshit - not some big assed harley with a human skull on the front.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    OHH FFS-- Short version. Bang for buck the scorpio is unbeatable.
    Now for a hundred odd bucks I reckon a scorpee could look pretty cool.
    Fit a set of 2 inch rise bars and either a handlebar fairing or a stunt double headlight setup
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    LF200
    If only the VTR came out of the factory looking like this
    http://www.whouse.jp/v-per_bike_html/v-per250.html
    nice addon kits... (can anyone translate?)

Bike
    Kawasaki ZZR250
    i can translate the prices for you ... the V-PER is $10,000 give or take fluctuations in exchange rates

but ill get my wife to translate the whole page for you when i get home from work

Bike
    Scorpio
    So whats the opinion of Honda VTR vs Scorpio. Scorpio around $4000 brand new;

It depends on what you want/need and on your preference for buying new or used. You're comparing a new bike with an 8-year-old one. There are quite a few other bikes you could bring into that comparison: Kawasaki Ninja & Hyosung GT250 if you want more performance than the Scorpio, Suzuki GN250 and FXR150 if you don't.

The VTR certainly looks like a nice bike and should be much more capable on the open road.

A red Scorpio? Sex on wheels!

Bike
    ohh i looked around for a Red Scorpio here in NZ couldnt find one (more of a red fan than a blue) but did find them in Oz .. although the price for 'straight off the floor' in Oz was either same price as NZ or darer .. here I could pick one up for 3500 on special .. 3200 in hamilton as a second hand one .. in Oz they were ranging 3700 -4500! WTF .. anyway .. I may not have been looking in the right place in Oz though .. I don't have to many bikes to compare or measure up against another .. but a dear friend recommended I look at the Scorpee .. so I did .. it's a great fit .. im 5'8 .. its easy to monuver .. my personal preference is for the Scorpee as a learner bike .. so Ill find one when I get to Oz! a red one of course!

Bike
    ohhh that VTR is a beastie looking thing isnt it!

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    .. the price you pay for brand names...
    Is nothing compared to the price you will pay for repairs and re-repairs of re-re-repairs of the "cheap" "no brand names"
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    Whatever is in the garage - FXDC, Bking
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fire eyes View Post
    ohh i looked around for a Red Scorpio here in NZ couldnt find one (more of a red fan than a blue) but did find them in Oz ..
    Moto World in Albany has 1 Red Scorpio for sale. Was down there Sat morning and its still there..... its the newer Scorpio model (facelift) with alloy wheels instead of the wire spokes.

Contact details and picture of the Red Scorpio at Moto World talk to Troy and tell him Dawn sent ya.

EDIT: Added a piccy of the new shape...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scorpio.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	100318  

www.Ridertraining.co.nz
    NZTA Approved CBTA Instructor Assessor
    - Restricted + Full Licence Training & Testing
    - Onroad Coaching & Training
    Auckland
    Call or Txt 0210334766
    info@ridertraining.co.nz

Bike
    ohhh no way! thanks for posting this Dawn & the email .. Im actually heading off to Oz which is why I was going to find one over there .. ohhh but that Scorpee looks awesome! I have not doubt it wont last long .. damn. Now my mind it ticking away furiously ... thanks again Dawn!

Bike
    S1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by qkchk View Post
    moto world in albany has 1 red scorpio for sale. Was down there sat morning and its still there..... Its the newer scorpio model (facelift) with alloy wheels instead of the wire spokes.

Contact details and picture of the red scorpio at moto world talk to troy and tell him dawn sent ya.

Edit: Added a piccy of the new shape...
    hotttt!!!!

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    hott alright ... looks grreat ... price is pretty good to.

Bike
    FJR 1300
    I cant be bothered reading all the way through this thread, I have said in previous threads about the perils of buying Chinese bikes, Lifan is probably one of the better chinese bikes the company has been around a very long time, they build about a million motor cycles every year, along with petrol generators and petrol powered water pumps, that is what I know of the Lifan company.

Thread Information