Thread: buell blast engine questions

Bike
    buell

Question buell blast engine questions

hi i own a 2000 buell blast 500. i was wondering if anyone can answer a simple quiery. since it is a single designed around the sportser can i use sportser mods in the engine, only half of them? the sportster is a 1200cc twin but basicly to make the buell motor H-D choped the engine in half. also what gearbox is in the blast? is it the same as the sportster? same deal with the muffler and carbs?

cheers rn-85

Bike
    raptor 1000
    hmmmmm doubt it

Bike
    . .

Bike
    Il4 and Vtwin
    Quote Originally Posted by rn-85 View Post
    hi i own a 2000 buell blast 500. i was wondering if anyone can answer a simple quiery. since it is a single designed around the sportser can i use sportser mods in the engine, only half of them? the sportster is a 1200cc twin but basicly to make the buell motor H-D choped the engine in half. also what gearbox is in the blast? is it the same as the sportster? same deal with the muffler and carbs?

cheers rn-85
    Simplest solution is to swap it for the twin cyclinder engined buell.

Bike
    Google is your friend...

"To achieve a target price point for the Blast, the engineers took a Sportster engine and lopped off the rear cylinder. Actually, that's an oversimplification. The Blast uses a newly designed engine that's closely based on the architecture of the Sportster's. Interchangeability of parts is virtually nil."

"At first glance one may think it is based on Harley’s Sportster V-twin. However, the approach is more conceptual than that, because no parts are shared with the Sportster engine. It does use Sportster gearbox internals, but the clutch is an all new design with a much reduced lever effort."

Bike
    Buell XB12R
    Sounds like excellant info there Shadows... what would we do without the web?

Welcome to kb, rn-85!
    "Do not meddle in the affairs of Buells, for they are subtle and quick to wheelie!"
    --J RR1000 Tolkien

yank tank at Glenorchy 2006 rally

Bike
    buell
    doh just as i thought i'll have to see how i go.

Thread Information