Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: Places to ride off-road

Bike
    yzf250 08
    That Place in Pirongia (In those photos) isnt open to motobikes anymore I live near there.
    There was also a forestry track up Te Tahi road (if anyone was talking about that) which is also closed

Bike
    2001 R1150GS
    Bugga bugga bugga
    'Good things come to those who wait'
    Bollocks, get of your arse and go get it

Bike
    2001, Kawasaki KLR650
    hey -- i'm located around wellington -- just got a little more dirt friendly bike and am looking to go out next weekend or so someplace interesting (no tarmac or gravel). i've been to the akatarawa's quite a few times -- which is cool -- but are there any other good places decent riding a day or so from wellington ? i don't mind a weekend away - happy to cross the rimutakas and see what is over there.

it's a shame they fenced off the beach past red rocks by the power plant was hoping to get to makara!

Bike
    KTM 530 exc 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mylodon View Post
    hey -- i'm located around wellington -- just got a little more dirt friendly bike and am looking to go out next weekend or so someplace interesting (no tarmac or gravel). i've been to the akatarawa's quite a few times -- which is cool -- but are there any other good places decent riding a day or so from wellington ? i don't mind a weekend away - happy to cross the rimutakas and see what is over there.

Haurangis is a good spot 2 start take white rock rd just south of martinbrough bout 5kms turn right onto Ruakokoputuna Rd follow that 4 about 25mins to the gate close it after you 5mis up the road is a doc hut that you can book or a couple more K's 2 the top carpark and you can ride from there down to Sutherland's hut a good place to stay and explore the tracks right through to the south coast
    THE DEAR LEADER SAY'S Life is Hell ride hard or head home just get the fuck outta my way !!!

Bike
    2012 KX450f
    Can anyone suggest any motocross tracks which are open to the public in the weekend around Christchurch?
    I know of the Waikmak tracks, and also Greta Valley, but are there any others to look at?

Whats the story with the one on Weedons Ross road? Is it a members only track?

Bike
    KTM 525
    Blog Entries

the Farm

Dont know if its been mentioned here yet but THE BIKE PARK at THE FARM is an awesome place to ride, hundreds of km's of tracks with different leves of difficulty. Super cool family running it, they have huts to rent for sleeping in and camping facilitys. Clay base with bush tracks, trails and MX track.

its about 30mins north of Whangarei on the road to Russel.

http://www.thefarm.co.nz/

Bike
    2002 SUZUKI DRZ400
    Quote Originally Posted by sss View Post
    you have a dirtbike too? Other wise, you may scratch the plastics on teh cbr....

Im keen to meet up with people and go for a thrash sometime, just about to finish of my long term dr250 project, and get a ute.

Yea, karapoti, would definately be keen, is that the main legal track for us?

Sam

**edit** ok, here are the directions, drove out there with mrs last night...

From upper hutt, head towards te marua speedway, as you leave upper hutt, take the akatarawa rd (left), and push your trip meter to "0" drive for 5.5kms, and then the road has a fork, with a side road to the left, head down there, and turn left sharp, onto a one way bridge, and drive for another 1.5kms, over one more dodgy as all hell wooden bridge, and there is a large car park.(park up, and bikes out)

i have not gone any further than this, but i may just get the old pedal power out, and have a look upthere, until i get the engine finished on the dr.

Regards

sam
    ill be keen to rock with you bro hit me up

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Epic Events, Taupo trail rides, most excellent fun!

Bike
    KLX 650, KLX 300
    Quote Originally Posted by Mungatoke Mad View Post
    Haurangis is a good spot 2 start take white rock rd just south of martinbrough bout 5kms turn right onto Ruakokoputuna Rd follow that 4 about 25mins to the gate close it after you 5mis up the road is a doc hut that you can book or a couple more K's 2 the top carpark and you can ride from there down to Sutherland's hut a good place to stay and explore the tracks right through to the south coast
    Having just been up that way MM is right - it's an ok run once you're up there but if you go up the hill before Sutherlands Hut do it in the dry - I may only be an average rider but the people over on the adventure thread have called it CNut Hill for a reason - there are a couple of rock-strewn steep sections of the track that are a real arse.

Having done both I'd say that a good weekday run through Karapoti/Maungatuks without any farkin quads coming the other way is an overall better experience

Bike
    2005 Yamaha YZ250F

Jam Track & Arariumu Phone #'s Contacts?

Quote Originally Posted by Motu View Post
    This thread is for places to ride,these are upper North Island,(thanks Firefight)other areas please put in what you have.

1) The Sandpit, Woodhill forest, SHW 16/ take Rimmers rd head to coast, bike park well sign posted, Open Wed to Sunday, late night Thursday during summer, provides access to 1000 acres and 200kms of sand based tracks, Sand Moto X track. Kids tracks etc. Free break down service with 4x4 650cc Quad, Toilet and wash down facilities. For rates/info www.thesandpit.co.nz.

2)Thunder Valley Bike park SHW 22, about 30 mins sou west of Tuakau.
    750 acres of hill country rides, A & B track, swamps, forest, bush, Moto x track, hilly stuff, fast open hay paddocks, heaps of natural formed jumps and man made jumps, I think open Wednesday to Sunday, safe/secure parking,
    was about NZ$20.00 per rider, (A) track not suitable for kids or newbies.

3) Jam track, located left hand side clevedon to dudders road, small moto x track and 7-8 min bush track, tricky in wet, but lots of fun.

4)Fletchers Arariumu, small private track, not bad, used to charge NZ$ 15.00

5) If your into Moto X, Ardmore is at very active well run club, bloody good safe track, for newbies and pros, from papkura on the clevedon rd, just past ardmore airfeild turn off look for a KTM sign on right hand side.

6) If you don,t mind a bit of a drive, Kimmys farm at rotowaro west of Huntly has a good track, good motox track, and very good endro loop(11 ks I think)
    used to be NZ$ 20.00, but have not ridden there this year.

7) Maratotos DOC run/honesty box, about 25 ks from Kopu as you head towards Paeroa, don,t ride it alone very isolated, and very challanging, ride creek beds, about 4 river crossings, rock slides tracks, bush, good value.

8) If your a good motox rider, Harrisville(Tuakau) is where its at, big jumps, fast track, good location, normally only open for big events or club pratice, if you want big air/broken bones go there.
    Hi all, me & a mate have recently bought bikes again and keen to check out the Jam Track or other trail/enduro type tracks within 30-40mins of Pakuranga.
    Not keen on MX tracks at this stage until back up to speed.
    Any current contact #'s available for Jam Track or Arariumu or similar tracks?

Appreciate any feedback, cheers!

Bike
    KLX 650, KLX 300

Pylon Track

Finally had a look into here - Featherston side of Rimutakas, by the twin bridges.

Looks recently graded, easy as, a bit of clay and whatnot amongst the beech trees at the top ridge so a tiny bit of unexpected slipping there but not much at all. About 10 mins to the top and mebbe 15mins Nor-West to the locked gate that looks over the camp at the foot of the Puffer Saddle

I couldn't find the ridge road headed the other way although the map says it's there

Overall an ok run but not really worth a visit unless you're passing through. Lock your vehicle, hide yo shit.

Bike
    09 CRF250R, pw50
    Hey guys anyone know of any maize mx on round Auckland this weekend 27th April, heard there was some on in mercer but can't find any info online.

Bike
    Veroom
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fitty View Post
    Hey guys anyone know of any maize mx on round Auckland this weekend 27th April, heard there was some on in mercer but can't find any info online.
    Try Mr Motorcycles in Pukekohe. I think they have something like that on Sunday .
    Or look on silver bullet?

Bike
    09 CRF250R, pw50
    Nothing on silver bullet that's why I asked

Bike
    some honda bits in a kx chassis
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fitty View Post
    Nothing on silver bullet that's why I asked
    http://www.mrmotorcycles.co.nz/funday-motocross
    we may just go where no ones been

Thread Information