Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Places to ride off-road

Bike
    98 zuki dr250
    hey i live in sth akld and jst wondering where exactly is the jam track and can anyone go there and when is it usuallly available for use? ta

Bike
    R6 & CRF sold, new bike is coming

re Jam track

Quote Originally Posted by kn2rce
    hey i live in sth akld and jst wondering where exactly is the jam track and can anyone go there and when is it usuallly available for use? ta

Jam track is located between Clevedon and Dudders Regional Park on the "North Road", its on the left hand side on a sharp corner just opposite a milking shed which is very close to the road, it used to Have Jam written on letter box, you won,t be able to ride it atm too wet, you can normally ride any day of the week, the owner is a farmer who also rides and is a pretty good Dude, I think I have his phone number somewhere will look for it and pm you.

F/F
    "Kiwi Biker, still a great place despite the mods "

"Would crawl over broken glass before owning Suzuki"

The only reason I only ride in the Iron man Class is I have no friends left to enter the two man events,
    my own fault really.

Bike
    2005 Gas Gas EC250

Hey dave

Quote Originally Posted by Firefight
    Jam track is located between Clevedon and Dudders Regional Park on the "North Road", its on the left hand side on a sharp corner just opposite a milking shed which is very close to the road, it used to Have Jam written on letter box, you won,t be able to ride it atm too wet, you can normally ride any day of the week, the owner is a farmer who also rides and is a pretty good Dude, I think I have his phone number somewhere will look for it and pm you.

F/F
    I have never heard of this so called "jam track" what is it? a MX or a trail???
    Have you ever been there dave?
    WM

Bike
    Jam track has a fairly crappy excuse for a MX track but the enduro trail thru the trees while being on the short side is alot of fun. steep in parts not too good in the wet.

Bike

Re Jam track

Quote Originally Posted by Wellyman
    I have never heard of this so called "jam track" what is it? a MX or a trail???
    Have you ever been there dave?
    WM

Yeah been there heaps Dan, its a small moto X track, and has a bush loop, The guy who owns the Farm set it up for a practice track for himself, then others started to want to use it, Its not like Harrisville, but its ok for what it is, will take you out there in the spring if you like,

F/F

The only reason I only ride in the Iron man Class is I have no friends left to enter the two man events,
    my own fault really.

Bike
    2005 Gas Gas EC250

Sounds like a plan

Quote Originally Posted by Firefight
    Yeah been there heaps Dan, its a small moto X track, and has a bush loop, The guy who owns the Farm set it up for a practice track for himself, then others started to want to use it, Its not like Harrisville, but its ok for what it is, will take you out there in the spring if you like,

F/F
    Sounds like a great idea mate, my old fella will be well back into riding again by then, and maybe take some more of these tarmac lovers aswell and show them what a real 2 wheel ride is.

WM

Bike
    2001 Honda Hornet
    Quote Originally Posted by ridespy
    Yes it is legal to ride in Karapoti, but you need to get a permit from the Upper Hutt office of the Wellington Regional Council, The permit is free, you just need to ring them up on 04 526 4133 and ask for one, and they will mail one out to you. It also comes with a help full little map. for more info check out this page http://www.gw.govt.nz/section550.cfm

You can also access Karapoti from Maungakotukutuku Valley just follow the sign to Kapiti Four x 4 Adventure from parapapaumu. They also have a little map on there web site showing how to get there. http://www.kapitifourx4.co.nz/general.shtml
    There is no formal car park at the Maungakotukutuku Valley end, but most people just park on the side of the road opposite the quad place. Once you park up and unload, just ride accross the river and up the hill, there is a gate blocking the track but it has a gap for motorbikes to get in but not 4 wheel drives.

But beware that Karapoti can get quite busy and the tracks are all 2 way, so always keep left. And if you are new to trail riding avoid the Devils staircase and the rock garden.
    Is there anything like this in Auckland? *Wishfull thinking!*

My mate who lives near riverhead is registered/has a key to ride his MTB in the forest, but takes a trail bike!...
    ~~
    spiller
    ~~

Bike
    Tiger - KTM300XC
    Quote Originally Posted by Wellyman
    Sounds like a great idea mate, my old fella will be well back into riding again by then, and maybe take some more of these tarmac lovers aswell and show them what a real 2 wheel ride is.

WM
    I'll be into that to.
    Going away, busy?
    Need your pets fed @ home or dog walked? go here www.petcarebiz.co.nz
    Wanna stay in Kawhia? Have I got the bach for you PM me for details

Bike
    2005 Gas Gas EC250
    Quote Originally Posted by spiller
    Is there anything like this in Auckland? *Wishfull thinking!*

My mate who lives near riverhead is registered/has a key to ride his MTB in the forest, but takes a trail bike!...
    Spiller, I don't reccomend going to riverhead. it is a hard ride, if you love tree roots, mud and tight single track it is great but there are many better places to ride. Althouhg i'm anti Riverhead because i broke my gearshift lever there and had to ride ages to find help, but well thats another long story.
    WM
    Wellyman

Bike
    Rattlecan blue
    I'm in the other camp. I love riding in riverhead, Yes it's tougher to ride than sand but it's also more rewarding, and the skills you develop in Riverhead can be used anywhere. The only time you can legaly ride there is at organised rides and I wouldn't recommend going inillegaly, the locals are getting quite good at finding out where people live and having tresspass notices issued that get you banned from all Carter Holt forests for two years at a time.
    If you want to try the place there is a trail ride there on the 28th August and at this time of year it will probably be a grovel. Check out www.waitematamcc.co.nz if you want more details

Bike
    2000/honda/trx400ex
    any one got any good day rides/half day rides or tracks in waikato,looked on the net,cant find any.directions too thanx

Bike

re rides

Quote Originally Posted by trx400ex
    any one got any good day rides/half day rides or tracks in waikato,looked on the net,cant find any.directions too thanx

look again #2 & #6, if you need details of how to get there pm me.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...4&page=1&pp=15

F/F

my own fault really.

Bike
    Apriliaaah!
    Just been clearing out my junk, and found this amoungst my paperwork. I'm not sure how old it is, so the info might be a bit out of date, but there's phone numbers listed so just make sure you ring up first!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bike Parks.pdf  
    I told him,
    "Son, what is it with you? Is it ignorance or apathy?"

He said,
    "Coach, I don't know and I don't care."

Bike
    GSXR 1000 K3 blu/whi/blk

jam Track

Is there anymore info on this jam track. Where exactly and who to contact. I live at Maraetai so it would be the best for me location wise

Bike
    2004 Husqvarna TE450
    Just getting into enduro/offroad here in Northland. Anyone know of good bushtracks/mx tracks in th Kerikeri/East Coast area?

Thread Information